Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

Count me as ready to move on from Sam as well. I think his number one talent was toughness. Not so much accuracy of pocket presence. 

Sam has clearly been terribly coached and any successes he's had are in spite of herman and Co. 

I'm not saying he should be back,  but the kid is clearly a leader and if he wants to come back i think the new staff should figure out a spot. Whether that is a a GA,  simply a mentor while still being on the team or the starting qb. If urban is the next coach you would have to default to him on what he thinks Sam can do for the program going forward. 

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

sometimes you have to take a risk to move forward. we know what sam gives us, which does not amount to any hardware.

I wouldn't mind Sam coming back with the stipulation he's only getting 50% to 60% of the snaps at most. With the right coaching he should win 9 games minimum next year, hopefully more. Unfortunately there wasn't any blowout games other than UTEP to get the guys behind him any kind of meaningful game experience.

Just now, 1leggedduck said:

I could go hang out at the Horseshoe Bay Airport and photograph/annoy every crew that lands there. Would that be a good idea? Hell, I can hear the takeoffs/landings from my driveway.

Do you want to break the record for the single most repped post of all time if you catch Urbs disembarking?

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Also can someone seriously please send me a DM with the current status (can be funny) I am going to make a banner at the top of the page so people stop fucking asking in the thread and I'll update it as new news comes out. 

make sure you title it, "Fan Fiction, the Urban Meyer Texas Update"

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Sorry, just so I'm tracking why this is exciting, in summary: 

1. The Jet Linx 512 left Austin this AM and we think Urban and/or family was on it. 

2. The plane went to Atlanta (?)

3. Tomorrow it's going to Tampa from Atlanta

4. Urban's wife confirmed they are going to Tampa for a weekend in the Keys

Is that right? I'll believe anything as long as it means we get Urban at this point, just want to be clear. How does all this square with the flight from OSU to Horseshoe Bay, would that be separate family (SiL?) or a different theory on his wife's whereabouts? 

27 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

she says she's going Saturday, though?

Urban is "supposed" to be in Los Angeles on Saturday for the Fox Kickoff Show, yes?

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

If it's already been done and I missed it I'll go fuck myself but I would love to rep somebody who put together a summary of the flightlog data and how it ties into anything else we are seeing (wife tweets).

"Hi! I have 100 posts. Can someone please do all the work for me?"

Put the time in, man. Start reading from the beginning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

If it's already been done and I missed it I'll go fuck myself but I would love to rep somebody who put together a summary of the flightlog data and how it ties into anything else we are seeing (wife tweets).

First you have to tell everyone if you're a bourbon or a Scotch Whisky man.

13 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

FWIW, beyond one small airport (Athens-Ben Epps Airport), the Dekalb-Peachtree is the closest airport to UGA.

I'm 25 miles from Dekalb-Peachtree. Happy to use my UT journalism degree to write up a statement for UM if he wants to swing by here later today. But way too much traffic for me to go there.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic