Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I wouldn't say I was "trolling" so much as just fucking around in the thread. If I knew something other than what I've already pointed to, I'd be clear about it for the board.

I understand thinking about this that way, but it's almost certainly not true. I've done the math involving that kind of money, as well as other levels, starting with a 5 sibling nuclear family and rolling assumptions forward into the future.

You have to assume that elements in every generation will do their best to fuck up the wealth, so you need generation skipping trusts and various other safeguards, all of those things both separate and minimize the wealth and make the money work harder when one group completely fucks up their allotment. If each generation just grows by 1.5x the prior group (5 in the 2nd gen, 8 in the 3rd, etc.), you'd need a lot more money than $35million as a starting point if you don't want any of them "ever having to worry about money." At least, if you want to die old, knowing with certainty that you've done everything you can to ensure their long term financial freedom. 

Yeah, forget grandkids.  You can blow $35M before it even gets to your kids.  Poor people think rich people are on all levels.  They think Donald Trump and Michael Bloomberg are the same.  Please.  $35M barely qualifies as as HNW type.

14 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Squid saying Urban left the "Horseshoe at night" got on a plane flew to Austin, then flew back to the "Horseshoe at night (in Columbus where no one ever beats tOSU), he is going to the beach to catch some waves, play a little golf, pray to 6 lb. 8 oz. Baby Jesus that he is making the right decision, he will end up being the Longhorns' coach....Squid said.

It's actually pretty easy, even without an Egyptology class.

CHIEF

materiasrepositorio-1544795438.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He was head coach at OU for 18 years and made about on average $4/M per.  He also did well off the field.  It's a combo of both salary and longevity.  It's rare that a coach makes that level of money for that long of time.  He has a $5M house in Norman that is hideous and he won't be able to give away but he also has a $5M+ townhouse in Chicago and a beach house in Florida.

What makes a house in Norman worth $5M? 24K rims? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Behind guys like Bobby Dodd, Frank Kush, Johnny Vaught, Bo Shembechler etc...

Laughable. 

look, I agree with you.  I was just saying there are lists out there with him lower.  that was espn.com for crying out loud.  plenty of ego reasons to jump back in but now this conversation appears moot, it was relevant yesterday when folks where still thinking he was bailing on us.  now it seems like he's Kenny Rogers counting his money.

4 minutes ago, troph said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/CFB150coaches/the-150-greatest-coaches-college-football-150-year-history

he's also still under 200 wins so that probably impacts some lists as well.

He is behind Frank Beamer, Johnny Vaught, Frank Broyles, Jim Tressel (lololol) and Harold Raymond (who coached at fucking Deleware forever and is #25 overall)

18 minutes ago, troph said:

I ended up eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch the other night while drinking wine and talking about burgers on this thread until nearly 1am.  these searches are hard on all of us, you'd think we'd be used to them by now.

Not to get all Newy on you - I like wine and I like cinnamon toast crunch - but cinnamon toast crunch and wine sounds disgusting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, South Austin said:

200 pages.  Impressive.

I think the thread needs to be renamed "Urban Meyer or bust [Heating up Drivel from page 99]."

Fixed it - I think the thread needs to be renamed "Urban Meyer or bust [Heating up Drivel from page 199]."

Just now, South Austin said:

200 pages.  Impressive.

I think the thread needs to be renamed "Urban Meyer or bust [Heating up Drivel from page 99]."

Urban Meyer or bust [Futureman fisting challenge from page 1/Kendra Scott from page 99/Burger talk from page 115/Flightaware from page 125/Mayo from page 145/Noobs from page 185]

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:
200 pages...how many more we got till announced. Over set at 350

I'm mostly gauging whether any news has broken by how quickly posts are accumulating as I scroll to catch up. If I'm reading faster than new posts are appearing, no real news has been released.

better hope we don't have another burger or Kendra Scott discussion to get you excited...

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, forget grandkids.  You can blow $35M before it even gets to your kids.  Poor people think rich people are on all levels.  They think Donald Trump and Michael Bloomberg are the same.  Please.  $35M barely qualifies as as HNW type.

I've built a spreadsheet to fuck around and think about what real wealth looks like (thinking about Bezos made me do it).  Just went back to play with it and I assumed:

• $35M starting fortune
  • 3 children, each family rolling forward has 3 children (have children at age 30 and most unrealistic part assumes everyone has triplets at once)
  • Each descendent receives $100k annual allowance from ages 21-80.
  • Fortune growth of 7%, "allowance" growth of 3%
  • No deposits to fortune other than growth mentioned above.

I have the fortune lasting 97 years.  At depletion, it is supporting 27 grandkids and 81 great grandkids.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 40acredropout said:

I've built a spreadsheet to fuck around and think about what real wealth looks like (thinking about Bezos made me do it).  Just went back to play with it and I assumed:

• $35M starting fortune
  • 3 children, each family rolling forward has 3 children (have children at age 30 and most unrealistic part assumes everyone has triplets at once)

I have the fortune lasting 97 years.  At depletion, it is supporting 27 grandkids and 81 great grandkids.  

maths GIF

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

• $35M starting fortune

I see hookers and blow nowhere in your calculations. It's clearly flawed.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, troph said:

will it stand up if the site crashes?  already taking me 30 seconds to refresh.

discord runs on aws or some shit.  should be fine. 

edit: not really sure what it runs on, but it's not surly's hardware so it's independent of this board.

edit2: google cloud.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

looks like our favorite flight is about to leave columbus for cincinnati.  somewhere in the last 100 pages, did we figure out who we are picking up in georgia on our way to tampa?

#flighttrackingszn

That’s where they stop to chisel Zach Smith’s frozen corpse from one of the wheel wells. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

• $35M starting fortune

"100k allowance? Not sure Urban wants them to be destitute,"

he said, crying into his stipend.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

• $35M starting fortune

Good shit. So there you have it, $35million ain't covering great great grandkids and it's also not enabling any of them to live like kings on the distributed money alone. Time value of money and that $100k in year 97 is probably worth $1k to boot.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if CDC's quote about a guy doing it twice at 2 different places(P5) is correct then Franklin is about the only one that fits the list besides Urban that would seem available.  I am sure he along with Patterson, Mullen, would be in the top 5 for CDC.

but no matter...Xian called his shot.

My God I hope Patterson isn't on his list.

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i mean the discord is up and has been for a long time...so yes?

got both, forgot my discord login how many fucking verification steps of buses, and traffic lights, and cross walks does it take to log in, sweet jesus.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic