Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

how about this:

The Urban to Texas deal is so close the agents for the other targets see this as a limited window to get their guy a raise so they are panicking.

I am honestly surprised we haven't seen every agent in the country leak that their client (insert coach of any major college) is being approached for the TX job just to get the pay raise.  At this point it is negligent to not do that.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Best Mexican Food in Texas? Dont neg me.....but The Original Mexican Cafe in Galveston. Same owners, same family since 1916. 

I’m a big pappasitos guy if we are talking chains, or the original Ninfas on navigation 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am honestly surprised we haven't seen every agent in the country leak that their client (insert coach of any major college) is being approached for the TX job just to get the pay raise.  At this point is negligent to not do that.

waiting for rumors of Jimbo "listening" to start coming out soon..

1 minute ago, FreeHorn said:

Stiles Switch, LA BBQ and Valentina’s are pretty decent BBQ spots in Austin that don’t have a crazy ridiculous line. Headed to Houston this week and I guess I need to make plans to get some of these candy paint ribs I’ve read about in this thread. Wife’s going to be piss cause I promised her a McRib earlier today but when Surly talks, I listen. 

Those ribs are damn good. You might get "favors" for the upgrade...the next day of course.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Ever made it to Killen's in Pearland? Pretty solid joint as well.

Would have to go with the BBQ joints going into the new HEB's as the best "chain".

I nearly punched Ronnie Killen at the Houston rodeo cook off one year. He’s a smug cunt

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Hey guys, I'm about five pages behind so going to catch up first, but in case it's still potentially relevant, I'm pretty confident I've identified the plane in the photo that carl posted glizzy gladiators in a few days ago...and it's headed to CA. 

Details?

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I’m a big pappasitos guy if we are talking chains, or the original Ninfas on navigation 

Give me Ninfa's on Navigation present day, but Duran's in Pleak before the mom retired, and they decided to turn it into a construction business because they could make more money.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I think its the best of the BBQ "chains."  That's not saying much, but they're a class above Pok-e-joe's or Bill Miller

I used to like Goode Company Barbeque and Pappas Barbecue in Houston as far as fast food barbecue. I haven't been to either in a long time, though.

Edited by Bevo

24 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

The fact that more Texas targets are leaking is a bad sign. Hmmmmm.

One coach has been 'leaked' - Dan Mullen.  Literally no one else has been reported as being under consideration at this time.  Plenty of coaches who people think should be under consideration - but no one other than Mullen has been reported as being approached.

Campbell has been shot-down as a non-starter (I assume because of a lack of experience at a big time program).

Cristobal has been mentioned as a 'possible' because of experience and possible availability.

Jeff Fisher was mentioned to induce rage amongst the populace and make any alternative more palatable.

James Franklin was mentioned as a long time CDC favorite but as no longer an option because of the shit he's been sucking through a straw at Penn St

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Stiles Switch, LA BBQ and Valentina’s are pretty decent BBQ spots in Austin that don’t have a crazy ridiculous line. Headed to Houston this week and I guess I need to make plans to get some of these candy paint ribs I’ve read about in this thread. Wife’s going to be piss cause I promised her a McRib earlier today but when Surly talks, I listen. 

I would throw Interstellar Barbecue off of 620 and 183 in there as well.

Truth is not a number 3 spot. They are incredibly consistent and delicious. I know the pit master is an aggie, but what the fuck ever. I used to Love and hype Pinkerton’s, but the last three times were bad. One being inedible. I haven’t been back in maybe 6 months. Best in Houston area are Tejas and Truth.

Valentina’s and Leroy and Lewis are my go to’s in Austin. 2M in San Antonio.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Give me Ninfa's on Navigation present day, but Duran's in Pleak before the mom retired, and they decided to turn it into a construction business because they could make more money.

We stopped going to the Ninfa's on Navigation when new management took over.  Just wasn't the same.  Bad experiences.

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I think its the best of the BBQ "chains."  That's not saying much, but they're a class above Pok-e-joe's or Bill Miller

The corn.  I only go there for the corn and to get replacement Rudy's plastic cups when one hits the heating element in my dishwasher.

Their creamed corn is the best I've had.

2 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Killen's steaks are fucking awesome.

"Central Texas Style BBQ" in Pearland is better than that paid-overhype Killens that appears in every BBQ review section you look at, seems like Killens hands out the same copy to each publication. smh
I love the brisket from Central Texas Style! --owned by a Cuban exile that fled Cuba right after Castro took over.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I used to liked Good Company Barbeque and Pappas Barbecue in Houston as far as fast food barbecue. I haven't been to either in a long time, though.

You don’t need to. Fast food bbq is dying, too many good joints to justify eating microwave ribs when you can drive five miles and have one of the best meals of your life

1 minute ago, dec3169 said:

The corn.  I only go there for the corn and to get replacement Rudy's plastic cups when one hits the heating element in my dishwasher.

Their creamed corn is the best I've had.

Corns good.  Tacos are decent.  Beans with a big ass handful of chopped brisket and spicy sauce ain't bad either.  

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

"Central Texas Style BBQ" in Pearland is better than that paid-overhype Killens that appears in every BBQ review section you look at, seems like Killens hands out the same copy to each publication. smh
I love the brisket from Central Texas Style! --owned by a Cuban exile that fled Cuba right after Castro took over.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

lol - central texas BBQ is shit.  Beyond shit.  It's comparable to what @futureman will retrieve after UM is hired.  I've never had Killen's but heard good things.

Favorite BBQ joint is in Kilgore - Pat G's BBQ.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I would throw Interstellar Barbecue off of 620 and 183 in there as well.

I've been once since I moved and am really close by. It wasn't bad but it didn't blow my dick off. I'll need to try it again. The Korean BBQ place next door was pretty amazing, Charm BBQ.

There used to be a Mexican restaurant in Corpus Christi called Ray's that I remember going to every time my parents went to visit family there.

11 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Stiles 12 days of Christmas when they team up with different chefs every day to create something is awesome!

29 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

We covered this two days and several thousand posts ago, but Coopers isn't very good any more.

there's a new one in College Station, haven't been because it's a bitch to get to (as far as College Station goes) and heard it's not worth the money.

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My top ten barbecue joints in Texas?...glad you asked

1. Franklin- The goat

2. Pinkertons- ribs and he’s a huge horn fan, always on IT

3. Snows BBQ- Worth the wait and gotta meet miss Tootsie

4. Terry Blacks- Brisket and beef ribs and typically no wait

5. Tejas Chocolate- Chile relleno sausage is the best in Texas

6. La barbecue- great brisket

7. Truth BBQ- number three in Houston for me

8. Coopers- always a winner

9. Feges BBQ- you’ve probably never heard of them but they are incredible. My office gets them catered once a week. If you’re in Houston hit them up, rona hurt them bad

10. My house- all of surly is welcome...well mostly all

excuse me?

No

• Leroy and Lewis?
  • 2M?
  • Bodacious?
  • Cattleack?

Coopers has got to be based on memory because that place isn't even as good as any of the places in Lockhart.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic