Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

True but imo it’s not quite texmex.  But good call.  Hit it often.  Even though Rick Bayless is brothers w Skip Bayless...

No shit?  I never knew they were brothers.  I haven't been to his restaurant but I have had probably 100 of his sandwiches at his torta place in O'Hare Airport.  That is actually one of the better food items you can get anywhere in the country as far as airports go.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Spent all my time at ENS which we non-so-affectionally called "the bathroom" or "the toilet" because all of those little bathroom tiles that lined the hallway walls.

I ate the heck out of the Indian bread.  Lots of egg rolls, turkey pockets, and strombolis too. 

If you have a bathroom with a smaller doored room where the toilet is, do you call that the toilet room or is it still just part of the bathroom?

15 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

...yesxa recruiting coordinator is responsible for recruiting success of one of the greatest coaches of this generation....how will urban survive without him.....

Who was Mack's recruiting coordinator? I am sure Urban can find another bag man...I mean coordinator.....

nah bruh no bagman in the industry is matching what pantoni has done 

not signing him will make the urban hire lose some luster 

• Fuck You 1

WTF? Shady Grove closed. That was a very unique Austin place I loved.  The soul of Austin of old is pretty much dead anyway but this kinda made me sad. 

I did some design work with Mike Young this last year. He started Chuys, Hula Hut and Shady Grove. He got out no too long ago and started a whiskey company, Milam and Greene. Shady took a big post Covid hit and had to shutter.

4 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Yup, grabbed some tacos this morning from there. A go-to spot. The one on South 1st and William Cannon goes hard as well.

It does. North Burnet a great location as well - although that's an Arandas. Never qiite understood the difference between the two tbh.

My mom saw Viggo Mortensen at the one on Burnet one time.

1 minute ago, hornfromdallas said:

nah bruh no bagman in the industry is matching what pantoni has done 

not signing him will make the urban hire lose some luster 

Maybe, but Nick Saban tried to get Tom Moffitt to leave LSU and go to Bama with him. Many consider Moffitt to be the best in the business. Moffitt sent his protege, Cochran, instead. I’d say it worked out ok for Saban. 
Supposedly Pantoni has a protege at Pitt. I would rather have Pantoni, but I bet we’ll be ok. 

3 minutes ago, dillbirt said:

Shady took a big post Covid hit and had to shutter.

Assuming he had already been bought out and it was under different ownership because I fail to understand how the Chuy's fortune couldn't keep Shady afloat.

3 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Maybe, but Nick Saban tried to get Tom Moffitt to leave LSU and go to Bama with him. Many consider Moffitt to be the best in the business. Moffitt sent his protege, Cochran, instead. I’d say it worked out ok for Saban. 
Supposedly Pantoni has a protege at Pitt. I would rather have Pantoni, but I bet we’ll be ok. 

Did you say Pitt?  You mean the same city that was on the Kendra Scott Express flight plan?  The Pitt stop confused me. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

No shit?  I never knew they were brothers.  I haven't been to his restaurant but I have had probably 100 of his sandwiches at his torta place in O'Hare Airport.  That is actually one of the better food items you can get anywhere in the country as far as airports go.

Love the fully loaded guac at that airport spot

Assuming he had already been bought out and it was under different ownership because I fail to understand how the Chuy's fortune couldn't keep Shady afloat.

They sold Chuys three years ago and I think shady had recent new owners as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Did you say Pitt?  You mean the same city that was on the Kendra Scott Express flight plan?  The Pitt stop confused me. 

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You don't really need a bagman at Texas do you? Need development and good coaching no?

Especially next year when players can be paid for use of their likeness. “We have a car dealership that wants to put a cardboard likeness of your in their dealership and they’ll play you $100,000. You in? It’s called longhorn foundation Ford. No relation.”
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I think that came out way up thread when everyone was trying to figure out what was in Pittsburgh. I can’t remember who looked it up. Might’ve been derpy...

if true about urban & strength coach but not the director of recruiting it will be anticlimactic unless urban hires a bagman to replace him
he is the reason behind the outlandish recruiting classes at uf & osu 
If he comes here he could get a crack head off the street to be his recruiting director and still land the top class in the country.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Fuck no not as good as a T Man. 

I assure you, if we had a contest of who on this site has consumed the most T-mans, I would medal.  I was back in Austin a few years ago, and I popped into their new location, and Tom jumped out from behind the counter and gave me a hug.

Just now, George Clooney said:

Pantoni's protege as of 2017 was Eron Hodges, who is now at Purdue. Was there another one who is currently at Pitt?

They typically have several. Moffitt pumps them out at LSU. At one point, FSU, UF, Bama and Ole Miss all had head S&C coaches who had worked under him. That was several years ago. May be more now. 

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I assure you, if we had a contest of who on this site has consumed the most T-mans, I would medal.  I was back in Austin a few years ago, and I popped into their new location, and Tom jumped out from behind the counter and gave me a hug.

That's awesome. You may have me beat. I tried the Turbo T Man once. It was just too tricked up and I immediately switched back.  

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

They typically have several. Moffitt pumps them out at LSU. At one point, FSU, UF, Bama and Ole Miss all had head S&C coaches who had worked under him. That was several years ago. May be more now. 

As of 2017, Hodges was his only protege.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/06/ohio_state_football_looking_at.html

6 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
49 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:
if true about urban & strength coach but not the director of recruiting it will be anticlimactic unless urban hires a bagman to replace him

If he comes here he could get a crack head off the street to be his recruiting director and still land the top class in the country.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjRjPGCmLbtAhWNjlkKHTfqDGgQwqsBMAB6BAgFEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DD938mAav7Ek&usg=AOvVaw3UApIBXAYoUFmtCFU_p-Tq

So, the twitters will be quite til morning. We’ve hit up real estate, Tex-mex, scotch and how old Austin is dead and it’s corpse is being raped. 

Id like to propose we start talking about TX beers now.

I’ve gotta say, Ranger Creek has really grown on me. Free Tale is also pretty solid as right now I’m drinking a SA Pale Ale. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

I guess recruiting coordinators and strength coaches are different, but the guy at Pitt may be more recent than 2017. Or whoever said the guy at Pitt was a protege could be wrong. I’m just regurgitating what I read over 100 pages ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

I feel like we've done just fine with recruiting and its player development we've lacked

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

From an old Athletic article on Pantoni:

Five of Pantoni’s former recruiting assistants are now directors of player personnel at FBS programs. That includes Eron Hodges, recently appointed to head up Jeff Brohm’s recruiting efforts at Purdue, which hosts Ohio State on Saturday night. Giglio at South Florida, Derek Chang at Texas, Adam Caltury at Rutgers and Mark Diethorn at Virginia Tech are all part of Pantoni’s tree.

Adam Caltury is now at Pitt

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic