Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So you're going by "passiveaggresivecoach" now nerd? Haha whats up douche bag, it's Tanner from Highschool. Remember me? Me and the guys used to give you a hard time in school. Sorry you were just an easy target lol. I can see not much has changed. Remember Sarah the girl you had a crush on? Yeah we're married now. I make over 200k a year and drive a mustang GT. I guess some things never change huh loser? Nice catching up lol. Pathetic..

I'm Zach Smith brah, I don't think you know who you're fucking with! 

• Hook 'Em 1

I doubt if anything whatsoever will turn up on pregame, so watching it for some clue is kind of a waste.  Urby sure isn't gonna spill any beans, and the other hosts have no impetus to sabotage their own show.  My 2¢ is that you won't get any help there.  So e.g. if Urby isn't wearing an orange tie, or gives some discreet hook'em symbol, I can see where 2--3 people on here are going to panic, "oh noes!".  Whatever is afoot, nothing on that show is going to give any hints whatsoever.

CYA:  unless he makes an announcement on the show, which wouldn't totally stun me.

I do believe he has not decided yet though, because TommyBoy would be canned 30 seconds after it happens.  No reason to stall recruiting with probably the most unimportant game and final stretch of UT football since I've been alive. 

I've been hearing UT played all its aces, and Meyer is counting his ducks to see how it works out and everyone is on hold until he does.  I believe it'll happen one way or another after this game and a day on the set for him.

And there's no way in hell I'm watching more than a few portions of the game, mostly to see if KSU is getting back to pre-Skyler competence (probably not yet but better).  I got stuff to do, people to see, places to go.

Meantime I'm offering up incense to Jobu and although he's no help in getting me to hit a curve ball, he might have some pull with the football gods.

Wasn’t Tom quoted in the locker room demo video as say “Up yours Jobu”? At least that’s what I hear in that video!

4 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

No love for 4th Tap?

i miss their grapefruit IPA. it was a fridge staple for a long time.

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

What about Save the World Brewing Co. in Marble Falls?

they keep winning gabf medals somehow. nothing i've had has been memorable. but then again, i dont know shit. bear king is my go-to in marble falls.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

My dad had this painted for me as a graduation present. He collected a lot of oil paintings when he was alive and this guy mostly did deer paintings. Pretty much. My dad approached him and said can you paint a Longhorn for me? The guy was like WTF? Hook’em! I hope today is a good one for the program and the players. 

1D692015-56AB-41AA-9E4C-9463AE629794.jpeg

I would love that in my study. I'll give you $50. You don't seem to have a connection to it or anything. I'll take it off your hands. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Cotton Bowl 1978 was my low point attending a game.

Wow. Mine too. I was a senior at UT that season, and while picking up tickets for the basketball game against Tech, I said (for laughs), "I'm sure you still have some Cotton Bowl tickets, right?" I knew the game against ND had been sold out for awhile. The guy said, "Actually, we do have a single left." I was shocked but of course bought it. Then, on game day I got up before daylight and drove my MG-B on icy roads all the way from Centex to Dallas. And naturally, we then played like dogs and got curbstomped by the Irish. Not my fondest memory of Earl's Heisman season.   

3 minutes ago, Zharkov said:

Jobu like rum, dammit. You are going to fuck this up for all of us.

You are obviously no expert on Jobu, so get real. Look:

G9Qmzi.gif

Did you ever consider that Jobu actually hated rum and didn't grant Cerrano the power to hit curves? It was all good until he drank the rum.
Anyway, I'll offer up some Colt 45 instead.  That stuff will wake any gods up, especially an hour after drinking it, ifuknowhaddImean.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My dad had this painted for me as a graduation present. He collected a lot of oil paintings when he was alive and this guy mostly did deer paintings. Pretty much. My dad approached him and said can you paint a Longhorn for me? The guy was like WTF? Hook’em! I hope today is a good one for the program and the players. 

Would you say you and said father had issues?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Nice work. Keller did tons of South Texas deer scenes for TTHA. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

I’m a bit younger. The worst was 97 UCLA. Freshman year. Back to Jester by halftime 

I’m gonna guess I’m a little younger than you but the worst beatings I remember was the early 00s getting curb stomped by ou. I think I was in JR high and going into high school. Then the 2010s happen. 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, LTtxfan said:

My point was if for whatever reason Urban doesn't want or take the TEXAS job, a good agent will make sure to get him a raise at FOX.  I agree that the money will be considerably less at FOX compared to what TEXAS is offering him, but everyone likes a raise!! 😁

And he'll still be making seven figures (for a guy who doesn't need to work another day in his life) doing what's essentially a zero-stress, part-time job that he seems to enjoy a great deal and is one that doesn't piss off his wife and daughters.  Simply backing up the money truck to this guy isn't the be all and end all, and if he doesn't come, it's not necessarily because someone in Austin fucked it up.

12 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Is there still a Wendy's on campus?  Man they make good burgers sometimes.

Old-timers remember the era before the fast-food franchises and the totally hit or miss fare in the Union.  Mostly I miss the big barroom there, did many successful sorties with wimmenz in that room and their $3 or whatever pitchers of pissed-down "beer" (I think it was beer anyway).

That's what's wrong with the world today - you can't get totally drunk on less than $10 (unless you freeload, NTTAWWT).

I don't think Wendy's is there anymore and they literally murdered they Wendy's guy. 

17 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I doubt if anything whatsoever will turn up on pregame, so watching it for some clue is kind of a waste.  Urby sure isn't gonna spill any beans, and the other hosts have no impetus to sabotage their own show.  My 2¢ is that you won't get any help there.  So e.g. if Urby isn't wearing an orange tie, or gives some discreet hook'em symbol, I can see where 2--3 people on here are going to panic, "oh noes!".  Whatever is afoot, nothing on that show is going to give any hints whatsoever.

CYA:  unless he makes an announcement on the show, which wouldn't totally stun me.

I do believe he has not decided yet though, because TommyBoy would be canned 30 seconds after it happens.  No reason to stall recruiting with probably the most unimportant game and final stretch of UT football since I've been alive. 

I've been hearing UT played all its aces, and Meyer is counting his ducks to see how it works out and everyone is on hold until he does.  I believe it'll happen one way or another after this game and a day on the set for him.

And there's no way in hell I'm watching more than a few portions of the game, mostly to see if KSU is getting back to pre-Skyler competence (probably not yet but better).  I got stuff to do, people to see, places to go.

Meantime I'm offering up incense to Jobu and although he's no help in getting me to hit a curve ball, he might have some pull with the football gods.

The FOX avoiding the subject is the actual tell. They messed with him about the rumors 2-3 weeks ago and it was awkward. Something like that today, he couldn’t play it off. If they don’t let him address it, that’s good and it’s because he doesn’t want it discussed. If he were set up to address it, there is only one way that goes - negative for us. 

The premise of Meyer announcing anything about actually taking a job that isn’t currently open, on live national tv, is fan fiction silliness. That one keeps popping up on this thread and even in a world as fucked up and looney as 2020 has been, that would only be the action of an insane person. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The FOX avoiding the subject is the actual tell. They messed with him about the rumors 2-3 weeks ago and it was awkward. Something like that today, he couldn’t play it off. If they don’t let him address it, that’s good and it’s because he doesn’t want it discussed. If he were set up to address it, there is only one way that goes - negative for us. 

The premise of Meyer announcing anything about actually taking a job that isn’t currently open, on live national tv, is fan fiction silliness. That one keeps popping up on this thread and even in a world as fucked up and looney as 2020 has been, that would only be the action of an insane person. 

Big 📠 here 

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m a bit younger. The worst was 97 UCLA. Freshman year. Back to Jester by halftime 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m gonna guess I’m a little younger than you but the worst beatings I remember was the early 00s getting curb stomped by ou. I think I was in JR high and going into high school. Then the 2010s happen. 

'97 UCLA was bad.  I hated the 63-14 and 65-13 losses to OU  more though, because OU is a hated rival.

But none of those were as bad as the '91 Cotton Bowl IMO, for those that attended in person.  Miserable cold wet weather, the absolute destruction of our hopes that were were finally "back", Russell Maryland killing our o-line completely dead, and those a-hole Miami CoCanes earning something like 200+ yards in unsportsmanlike penalties.  I'm pretty sure I got frostbite in my toes that day.

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I remember leaving before halftime. As we walked through the lots near Scholz's, the cannon went off. We asked some people at a tailgate if we had scored. A lady replied, "We made them punt."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There is one low point and it was the 1991 Cotton Bowl. 

that was awful.  1984 cotton bowl wasn't "as bad" because Texas was #3 and lost a close one to UGA but that was actually the beginning of 35 years of mediocrity minus some of the Mack years.  in retrospect, had we know then what we know now we would have all offed ourselves.

• Hook 'Em 2

How many of ya'll have been up this early for a Gameday show (or in this case a Big Noon Kickoff show)? Watching GameDay because I happen to like the Chanticleers. I am rooting for the Black Swarm and hope they can hang with BYU. Really like their coach. I think he is gonna be a huge success.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

'97 UCLA was bad.  I hated the 63-14 and 65-13 losses to OU  more though, because OU is a hated rival.

But none of those were as bad as the '91 Cotton Bowl IMO, for those that attended in person.  Miserable cold wet weather, the absolute destruction of our hopes that were were finally "back", Russell Maryland killing our o-line completely dead, and those a-hole Miami CoCanes earning something like 200+ yards in unsportsmanlike penalties.  I'm pretty sure I got frostbite in my toes that day.

if 97 UCLA had been cold, that could have easily been the worst.  the STH squad was scared of the U.  97 squad just gave up.

20 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Ah fuck, you're right. Getting my RBs messed up.  Anyway doesn't change the fact I watched this CO RB run for a bazillion yds and there was nothing we could do about it. I wanted to die. 

I was there.  Didn't Curtis Martin run all over the field against us in the same year?

• Hook 'Em 1

For me, the 2001 Big 12 Championship game was just as big a kick in the nuts as UCLA 97 or the OU blowouts.  I was certain we were going to curbstomp CU. I was also drunk as fuck and have never put on a worse display of behavior at a game. I still wish I could apologize to anyone with kids sitting near me for that one.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How many of ya'll have been up this early for a Gameday show (or in this case a Big Noon Kickoff show)? Watching GameDay because I happen to like the Chanticleers. I am rooting for the Black Swarm and hope they can hang with BYU. Really like their coach. I think he is gonna be a huge success.

Hope War Eagle ruins aggy's day.  Bama gonna mudhole "GO TIGAS".

Remember this last year...

20 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

You are obviously no expert on Jobu, so get real. Look:

G9Qmzi.gif

Did you ever consider that Jobu actually hated rum and didn't grant Cerrano the power to hit curves? It was all good until he drank the rum.
Anyway, I'll offer up some Colt 45 instead.  That stuff will wake any gods up, especially an hour after drinking it, ifuknowhaddImean.

Lmao... Hmm... You might be onto something here. 

8 minutes ago, troph said:

that was awful.  1984 cotton bowl wasn't "as bad" because Texas was #3 and lost a close one to UGA but that was actually the beginning of 35 years of mediocrity minus some of the Mack years.  in retrospect, had we know then what we know now we would have all offed ourselves.

That was like a decade. You can't throw out a decade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So you're going by "passiveaggresivecoach" now nerd? Haha whats up douche bag, it's Tanner from Highschool. Remember me? Me and the guys used to give you a hard time in school. Sorry you were just an easy target lol. I can see not much has changed. Remember Sarah the girl you had a crush on? Yeah we're married now. I make over 200k a year and drive a mustang GT. I guess some things never change huh loser? Nice catching up lol. Pathetic..

You must be a nurse.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic