Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Been thinking a little more about Meyer's comments about expectations. It seems almost like they were a direct response to Herbsteit's bitchass whiny commentary. The fans expect you to win. The administration expects you to win. Good coaches expect the players to win.

That's the way it is at a blueblood program. You suck it up and deal with it. Don't like the heat? GTFO the kitchen. Guys like Meyer, Saban, VY, etc thrive on the pressure. They love it. It pushes them to great things. They are not a dime a dozen. Meyer is telling everyone he embraces the expectations, as they are what drives excellence, and he'll be setting big expectations for his players.

the response to the fairy dust comment was spot fucking on.

Stan Drayton is having a good interview today.
I'd be surprised if Urbs doesnt retain him, he has Zeke Elliott on his resume and big reason Bijan committed.

He might be done with all the bullshit that comes with CFB and go back the NFL tho

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Mrs. Mo's contention is that Herman is not really coaching this game and has turned everything over to his assistants, which is why we look so good today. 

A buddy of mine, former longtime media member who covered SWC/Big 12/Texas for many decades, said somebody he's been discussing this Urban stuff with told him Herman's been drunk all week and has turned over all play-calling duties to assistants, who are actually calling plays that work this week. Sad that it isn't completely unbelievable with this fuckstick.

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Been thinking a little more about Meyer's comments about expectations. It seems almost like they were a direct response to Herbsteit's bitchass whiny commentary. The fans expect you to win. The administration expects you to win. Good coaches expect the players to win.

That's the way it is at a blueblood program. You suck it up and deal with it. Don't like the heat? GTFO the kitchen. Guys like Meyer, Saban, VY, etc thrive on the pressure. They love it. It pushes them to great things. They are not a dime a dozen. Meyer is telling everyone he embraces the expectations, as they are what drives excellence, and he'll be setting big expectations for his players.

That's one of my biggest beefs with Herman. I expected him to have that mentality when we hired him but he has spent his entire time tempering expectations and not coming off very confident.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

A buddy of mine, former longtime media member who covered SWC/Big 12/Texas for many decades, said somebody he's been discussing this Urban stuff with told him Herman's been drunk all week and has turned over all play-calling duties to assistants, who are actually calling plays that work this week. Sad that it isn't completely unbelievable with this fuckstick.

Sounds about right. 

he checked out of Houston as well

1 minute ago, wood said:

I've heard that mentioned, but never heard what was said.

https://footballscoop.com/news/urban-meyer-bothered-tom-hermans-fairy-dust-comment-explains-new-generation-excuses-drive-insane/

its a bullshit excuse, new gen feel good shit.  dose of reality Maryland just dropped 51 on your mastermind/mensa ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I would be totally fine if Klatt did every single game if we could get rid of that fuck knob he is with. 

I used to hate Gus Johnson too. Just let yourself go with him. Once you do that, you might change your mind. Gus enjoys what he does -- and I love the dude for that.

I've been a massive Klatt fan since he started appearing weekly during CFB season on The Ticket. Dude is awesome and love his link -- ignominious as it might be -- to the 2005 Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, C-Man said:

I used to hate Gus Johnson too. Just let yourself go with him. Once you do that, you might change your mind. Gus enjoys what he does -- and I love the dude for that.

I've been a massive Klatt fan since he started appearing weekly during CFB season on The Ticket. Dude is awesome and love his link -- ignominious as it might be -- to the 2005 Longhorns.

gus is massively better than the fuckface Brando and the dumbass Sooner.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

She just arrived for vacation

Think she lives in Siesta Key. Shelley was going to visit her. Maybe the Meyers have known all week and Shelley's "trip" was to swing by and pick her up on their way to Austin.

3 minutes ago, jofus said:

Regardless of the win today, CDC’s reason for letting Herman go will be that he didn’t make the CCG. That is the standard, and that’s why he’ll be fired.

He just has to say that today's performance shows that we should have been in the CCG and it is that inconsistency that is responsible for the change.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic