Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Probably Urban's timeline (if we have him). If he wants to finish his deal with Fox (Dec. 19?) + Ohio State assistants still have a season to finish, I could see CDC letting Tom stay until his 'end of the year' discussion/firing. Let the assistants run the show as they appear to be doing today. 

Yeah. No, Tom is apart of this equation to, he's gonna be looking for a job regardless. If he knows he's fired then he won't want to stick around and he'll want to get a head start of wherever he's headed next. So if Urban is the man then it'll be this weekend and Herman will be let go

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

It does matter. He would have gotten fired today or tomorrow had he lost. Now it'll be after Kansas. 

So you’re theory is that if Urban says I’m ready let’s do this our response will be sorry Urbs we have to wait now because of that big KSU win?

• Like 1

I just feel this isn’t about how many points you score today, or don’t, this is about whether Urban Meyer says “yes” today/tomorrow or not. Hypothetically, had Texas lost today, and Urban not given them a yes this weekend, Tom would still be on the sideline next week, too.

It’s all about what happens on the Urban front.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has something happened yet to officially eliminate Texas from the ccg?  Or is that 1% still hanging out there pending some other results?

I think once we beat KSU that does it right?

edit - clinches ISU

Edited by BrazilHorn

Has something happened yet to officially eliminate Texas from the ccg?  Or is that 1% still hanging out there pending some other results?

Theoretically Oklahoma could lose to Baylor and WVU, and OSU could lose another (fucking around with that with TCU right now) and Texas would be in.

Theoretically.

It's hilarious to me that some of you think Texas wouldn't fire Herman after this performance. Blowing out a terrible team means nothing in the big picture. 
They will can Herman's ass the moment they have Urban in the bag. 

This. Fired or not, today wasn’t changing any decision maker’s mind.

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

So you’re theory is that if Urban says I’m ready let’s do this our response will be sorry Urbs we have to wait now because of that big KSU win?

My theory is if he said "I'm ready to do this" Herman would have been fired this past week. He wasn't, so Urban hasn't done that. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's hilarious to me that some of you think Texas wouldn't fire Herman after this performance. Blowing out a terrible team means nothing in the big picture. 

They will can Herman's ass the moment they have Urban in the bag. 

its like people don't think BMD's and CDC can comprehend how bad KSU's D is.  the team that beat us at home with the CCG on the line beat them 45-0.  the fact that KSU put 31 on us is fucking damning and Ash should feel it is a shitty performance.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

My theory is if he said "I'm ready to do this" Herman would have been fired this past week. He wasn't, so Urban hasn't done that. 

So we agree that the outcome of this game has no bearing on the timing of Herman being shitcanned, if Urban is in the bag then Herman is gone

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

We'll see. I think he's likely the replacement, and it'll likely be after Kansas is decided 

Not a chance. I only say that because this was technically the last game of the season and Urban wants to get up-and-running ASAP in order to recruit before ESD.

• Hook 'Em 1

Geez. Only one guy out there and if we don't get it...let this guy (herman) build it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you. Beating the pants off a young Kansas State team that has been ravaged by Covid isn't a reason to think Herman is building on anything because he doesn't believe in momentum. Every year is year one for Herman.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic