Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Theoretically Oklahoma could lose to Baylor and WVU, and OSU could lose another (fucking around with that with TCU right now) and Texas would be in.

Theoretically.

this.  OSU is going to lose to TCU but dirt burglar is not losing to Baylor.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nah you don’t fire a coach mid game week. Whatever happened Tuesday/Wednesday completely changed things. 

I think he would have been fired on Monday or Tuesday if Urban was ready to take the job, and Drayton, Ash, or Yurcich would have coached 

Opinion. I'm probably avoid coaching threads this week, because I doubt anything useful comes out unless Kansas is canceled. 

Normally Texas would wait until the end of the season to announce his firing. But if Meyer has accepted I think he’s fired tomorrow and Meyer is announced Monday. Early signing period, recruiting instability, the awkwardness of the situation, etc.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

I’m not putting my asshole on the line for this if that’s what your asking. Don’t feel super confident about it but I just think Herman is back next year. 

Lucky for us you have the worst BA when it comes to predictions in the history of Surly

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I think he would have been fired on Monday or Tuesday if Urban was ready to take the job, and Drayton, Ash, or Yurcich would have coached 

The good news from people allegedly in the know didn’t come until I think Wednesday though. You’re not firing a coach that late into the week

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Normally Texas would wait until the end of the season to announce his firing. But if Meyer has accepted I think he’s fired tomorrow and Meyer is announced Monday. Early signing period, recruiting instability, the awkwardness of the situation, etc.

That's what I'm hoping for. I just think this thing drags out another week, barring cancellation of the game 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

That's what I'm hoping for. I just think this thing drags out another week, barring cancellation of the game 

If ou wins tonight and the top 2 in the conference are settled, why play any more games?  I suspect they win, secure 2nd in conference, and tomorrow the remaining games get cancelled and herman gets fired. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic