Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

My theory is if he said "I'm ready to do this" Herman would have been fired this past week. He wasn't, so Urban hasn't done that. 

12/5 was the original end of the season.  the only problem I see is that we haven't 100% been eliminated from the CCG but if I had Urban and I was CDC I don't give a shit. 

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

More importantly, the fact that Bijan didn't get to really show what he could do before today is extremely damning of Herman's stupidity. He and Johnson should have been 1 and 2 all fucking year. Instead we had Ingram doing fuck all besides critical fumbles.

This is more a condemnation of coaching than any support for them.

Bijan is exactly whom they are talking about on the post-game right now. Coach is all over it too. Prior to that, they had discussed Sam. And Coach says yeah, Sam Elingher, "one of our players [(very slight pause) and adds...] that we have great respect for."

May be nothing, but... maybe not?

9 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Fox just suggested UM at the shoe next week during Big Noon commercial.

Urban can still fulfill TV obligations after accepting Texas HC gig. He will only be recruiting at that point. Interim coach would run Texas vs Kansas and in any bowl game.

7 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Why the fuck do we play Kansas?  Meaningless.  No revenue in it, is there?  

wouldn’t what happened to Kerstetter be a thought here?

Thought it was reported that the Texas-Kansas game is worth $3.5M to Fox. If Herman is out and Urban is in, these last two games (bowl) are going to be quite enjoyable. I look forward to them.

7 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

OMG. UM said "One of OUR players Sam Ellingher....." 

OMG

OMG

OMG

I think that was just a slip -- one of "our" meaning "college football's"

Just now, C-Man said:

Urban can still fulfill TV obligations after accepting Texas HC gig. He will only be recruiting at that point. Interim coach would run Texas vs Kansas and in any bowl game.

Thought it was reported that the Texas-Kansas game is worth $3.5M to Fox. If Herman is out and Urban is in, these last two games (bowl) are going to be quite enjoyable. I look forward to them.

I think that was just a slip -- one of "our" meaning "college football's"

If it’s anything like Ohio State, although we were more hush hush about it, then he will ask fox to be relieved of his duties IMO. 

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

The firing was always gonna be tomorrow. CDC wasn’t telling him in Manhattan 

Could happen once the team gets back to Austin but, yes, the deed will be done before tomorrow is over at the latest IF Urban is coming on board.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic