Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Alright y’all enjoy, I’m out. tomorrow better be the big day or we all will need to be on suicide watch.  

You’ve watched since 2009 and just now suicide seems like an option? Worse...worse...we’re in hell here Helen! If you’ve held on this long then you’re bat shit crazy. It’s all up from here lulz. It’s debatable if that’s farther up shits creek or back to the promise land. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, looks like this isn’t happening?  Which was my guess bc as a sports fan I just figure everything will basically always suck and I’m usually not disappointed. My team has won 1 World Series and immediately became national pariahs, 2 NBA championships that people act like they don’t exist bc Jordan was flailing away at curve balls, and all the bad that comes with being a UT fan outside of 2005. 
That one magical moment makes up for almost all of it. Almost. But I’m pretty conditioned to thinking that this kind of thing is just the kind of thing that works out for other people’s programs. 

Had almost this conversation word for word with some family a few hours ago. At some point, something big just has to happen. For the record I still think those Olajuwon teams would have taken the Bulls.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It amazes me that Surly isn't rioting at the prospect of Steve fucking Sarkisian being our plan B after Meyer. Christ. I would never trust Sark at the helm of a P5 school ever again after his meltdown at USC.

I don’t take Sark being a Plan B seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dry up your pussy. A handful of people pointed to tomorrow. If not tomorrow then we all become gaping pussies that are crying 

I know. I’ve been following all this. If you put a gun to my head I’m betting it doesn’t happen. I’m not going to dust myself or anything like that if it does, but all the flights, hotel curtains etc seem like bullshit.  I guess I won’t abandon all hope before Sunday night, but yeah- not so sure this is a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, icanhazLHN? said:

Had almost this conversation word for word with some family a few hours ago. At some point, something big just has to happen. For the record I still think those Olajuwon teams would have taken the Bulls.

Me too. But it’s me and you and about 14 other people that think that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m worried RGL has been bullshitting this whole time cause honestly what does he have to lose. If he calls it, a bunch of new people follow him and probably sign up for his service giving out picks cause they assume he’s in the know on things. If he misses, the only people that would really care would be us. I want this to happen more than anyone but I have a hard time believing he really knows something. I pray that I’m wrong though. 

Edited by theBigHen

3 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

I’m worried RGL has been bullshitting this whole time cause honestly what does he have to lose. If he calls it, a bunch of new people follow him and probably sign up for his service giving out picks cause they assume he’s in the know on things. If he misses, the only people that would really care are us. I want this to happen more than anyone but I have a hard time thinking he really knows something. I pray that I’m wrong though. 

North of $1000 at last count I believe.

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Why would Chicago be significant? Serious question

Chicago isn't. It's the plane that came from Horseshoe Bay. I think it's his agent who was working out all the details of the contract and then flew to Van Nyes to go over everything with Urban

19 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It amazes me that Surly isn't rioting at the prospect of Steve fucking Sarkisian being our plan B after Meyer. Christ. I would never trust Sark at the helm of a P5 school ever again after his meltdown at USC.

Maybe because most of the surly brethren doesn’t live in glass houses?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

I’m worried RGL has been bullshitting this whole time cause honestly what does he have to lose. If he calls it, a bunch of new people follow him and probably sign up for his service giving out picks cause they assume he’s in the know on things. If he misses, the only people that would really care are us. I want this to happen more than anyone but I have a hard time thinking he really knows something. I pray that I’m wrong though. 

I can almost guarantee it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t really believe Sarkisian is a candidate, but if he is, why wouldn’t Kiffin or Hugh Freeze be ahead of him in the degenerate coach pecking order?  They’ve never coached a game wasted at least, and they have better records.   

Flicking Fickle would be ahead of Sark.  There isn't anything there.  I think Nalini has even said the Sark stuff is smokescreen.

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Me too. But it’s me and you and about 14 other people that think that. 

And those 14 people all live in Houston.  I’m as big of a MJ homer as you will ever find.  I think Houston would’ve got one, but not two.  Jordan was really tired after the first 3peat, and his dad got murdered.  He was getable that year.

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t really believe Sarkisian is a candidate, but if he is, why wouldn’t Kiffin or Hugh Freeze be ahead of him in the degenerate coach pecking order?  They’ve never coached a game wasted at least, and they have better records.   

And while we are it, Nick Neuheisel is tanned, rested, and ready to go.

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Flicking Fickle would be ahead of Sark.  There isn't anything there.  I think Nalini has even said the Sark stuff is smokescreen.

I thought he said Franklin was a smokescreen and was CDC helping his buddy out basically

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t know that I can put kiffin ahead of anybody if I’m being honest. But yeah- Freeze with no leash on him is better than Sark imo. 

25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dry up your pussy. A handful of people pointed to tomorrow. If not tomorrow then we all become gaping pussies that are crying 

Dry up your pussy? Only wet pussys allowed in here. Because you know what wet pussys mean? It means we're about to fuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry guys and gals - for some reason I can't copy and paste the image into here on my computer so had to use an imgur link again.

https://imgur.com/a/ciQ0pxy

Thought this was an interesting change in tone from Kirk Barton. He has really started hedging here - he previously seemed 100% confident and stated Urban not coming as a fact. Here he is presenting it as his opinion and presenting reasons for why Urban won't come. Thought the biggest tell was him starting off the post with "he's not going to take Marotti/Pantoni" which immediately IMO says "he might actually leave." Of course he caveats this at the end with him being willing to bet someone's site on this but this is a big step back from the "FINAL ANSWER" Bevo crying face Barton we saw a couple of days ago.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Sorry guys and gals - for some reason I can't copy and paste the image into here on my computer so had to use an imgur link again.

Thought this was an interesting change in tone from Kirk Barton. He has really started hedging here - he previously seemed 100% confident and stated Urban not coming as a fact. Here he is presenting it as his opinion and presenting reasons for why Urban won't come. Thought the biggest tell was him starting off the post with "he's not going to take Marotti/Pantoni" which immediately IMO says "he might actually leave." Of course he caveats this at the end with him being willing to bet someone's site on this but this is a big step back from the "FINAL ANSWER" Bevo crying face Barton we saw a couple of days ago.

e7jFb5n.png

Helping out for the lazy fucks, agree with your points 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

And those 14 people all live in Houston.  I’m as big of a MJ homer as you will ever find.  I think Houston would’ve got one, but not two.  Jordan was really tired after the first 3peat, and his dad got murdered.  He was getable that year.

agree and Drexler would have been jacking up 50 footers trying to outdo Jordan the second one

5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

This is amazing. Lol he may not take both but he will definitely take at least 1 of Marotti or Pantoni. It's amazing how he still thinks he wouldn't do anything to hurt Day. THAT'S YOUR COMPETITION. He's not gonna be building Texas while making sure Ohio State stays alive. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

So to recap... the guys we’re all highly trusting & believing in as the most valuable sources are named Ceddy B, RapGameLarry, and a squid that speaks only in emojis.

We've reached peak 2020.

Just now, Helobious said:

So to recap... the guys we’re all highly trusting & believing in as the most valuable sources are named Ceddy B, RapGameLarry, and a squid that speaks only in emojis.

When you put it like that... they sound more credible than some bitchboy name like Kirk Barton

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Those guys vs some guy who personally knows Urban

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic