Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Why exactly would Urban go on Cowherd's show unless he's about to get back in the game?

He’s Fox. They will parade him around all the weekly shows for the ratings. Then have a special where he announces his decision to leave Ohio like that other guy on that other network.

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

God damn you people for pulling me back into this. I want to believe it's happening, there are just so many data points that don't add up. 

One thing that keeps bothering me is I just don't see us being able to keep the information locked down this well. If there was any indication that Urban was in on the Dec 18th timeline or even still actively negotiating the deal I think the $9.95ers would at least be hinting or hedging about it more. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.47057cedc040ac4ce36fe4479b6e6f1a.png

Yet IT mods are posting shit like this and writing propaganda pieces about  Gary Kubiak. Don't think they are carrying water for the athletic department either by purposefully misdirecting. Everyone is truly in the dark and that just isn't how we usually operate when something big is going down. UT has a lot of power players that demand to be in the loop on things and stuff always leaks. 

When it comes to the Texas media you gotta understand that they benefit like a mf’er when Texas is good. Subs probably go through the roof if Urban becomes the coach. Nobody wants Urban more than the them.

Edited by USMCHorn

3 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

I sued a plastic surgeon one time on behalf of a client. He was drunk during the procedure and instead of silicone, he injected my client with silly putty. She went from a 32-A to a 42-Long. The jury gave us 2 million; they apparently thought it was tit for tat. 

The fuck?  We talking stretch Armstrong type titties? 

3 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Why exactly would Urban go on Cowherd's show unless he's about to get back in the game?

Rumors about him coaching again is the reason to bring him on. But, those rumors are specifically about Texas, so why didn't he ask him about Texas? Colin is too good not to ask that, unless there was an agreement not to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Urban gave us a huge clue.

He said it has to be perfect, perfect perfect!

Shelly Meyer liked Matthew McConaughey 

what does MM always say? Alright, Alright, Alright!

launch the website , Urban Meyer Texas Football Forevermore!

Sorry bro, he only said perfect twice.

Edited by clapclapclap
He likes perfect

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Rumors about him coaching again is the reason to bring him on. But, those rumors are specifically about Texas, so why didn't he ask him about Texas? Colin is too good not to ask that, unless there was an agreement not to. 

Absolutely. And Cowherd has never shied away from shitting on us. If he had a chance to get UM to put the rumors to bed just to twist the knife on us, he would have. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Me to...however

992698065_10-10urban.thumb.PNG.302f154a1bb0c6f6508d0f8cb7a3e90a.PNG

I am so buying this jacket if they fire hermano. And if they hire Urbs, it's time for fitted jersey, mofos.

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

Good grief.  A kolache with meat in it is one of two things---a pig in a blanket or a klobasnek, Kolaches come with apple, apricot, prune, peach, strawberry, poppyseed, or various other fruit fillings.  Calling a piece of dough around a sausage a kolache, is about like calling Bill Miller's good BBQ....

Head Turkey GIF

6 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

So according to FCB, UT is leaning towards keeping Herman. Urban is leaning towards not coaching. He’s leaning away from Texas.

I’m leaning towards pm’ing my nude album of awesomeness.  

Which of these statements is true? Which is false? Is there even a barometer here? 

Until there is an unequivocal No from UM I tend to believe in all the smoke. And until CDC says “Hey guys! Burn your season tickets! I’m keeping Herman for 2021! Gotta give his new staff a chance to gel. Covid is a rough year to do this!” I will continue to hold out hope that we still have a shot with UM. 

Shame on you, day crew! Shame! Bringing me down man! 

I just remembered your brother posts on Surly and I feel very bad for him right now.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MrBig said:

He’s Fox. They will parade him around all the weekly shows for the ratings. Then have a special where he announces his decision to leave Ohio like that other guy on that other network.

"I'm taking my talents to Jester Beach!'

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

1.  Based on his Cowherd interview there needs to be a perfect situation for him to come back into coaching. What job that is open or coming open in the NFL is perfect or remotley prestigious enough to get his attention? Lions and Jets are not getting a look from him. 

Maybe these guys?

tenor.gif?itemid=6029630

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I texted my friend MM to see what's up. He's not a BSD but he's in the loop.

His exact text to me:

"Lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. If we do that we cannot lose."

I told him alright.

Marshall Mathers?

Mike Meyers?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

If we are truly moving on from UM, then we should hear something soon about Herman or a plan B now that the Kansas game is canceled

If you have ever been fired as a planned layoff,  it usually occurs on Fridays....  At least that was my last and only experience at being relieved of my job duties. No reason now to delay it.  If it's Urban (or some other big name) , it would even be more attractive now to get him on board next week  to save the recruiting class or even improve on it.  The headline alone without a contract even be signed would do the trick.

CDC..... you are on the clock.

42 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good grief everyone is fired up about about Meyer’s comments, but they could easily be interpreted as he looked at Texas and didn’t like the situation, just like the rumors indicated a week ago. He could be waiting for USC to open up, etc.

Now there's the day crew we all know and love

2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

But why agree to do the Buckeye Burton interview if this were truly in motion?

/daycrew

Because if he denied the interview then it would just set off more smoke in Bucknut land. You shouldn't trust a word Urban says in that interview anyhow. Unless he tells Barton to go fuck himself and says he's going to Texas 

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

If you have ever been fired as a planned layoff,  it usually occurs on Fridays....  At least that was my last and only experience at being relieved of my job duties. No reason now to delay it.  If it's Urban (or some other big name) , it would even be more attractive now to get him on board next week  to save the recruiting class or even improve on it.  The headline alone without a contract even be signed would do the trick.

CDC..... you are on the clock.

I keep hearing that we will not make a move on Herman until the replacement is signed, sealed and delivered and ready to be introduced. Imagine the hysterics we'd see if CDC announced Herman was being relieved of his duties in the next day or two. I guess they feel they can conduct a more discreet coaching search if the status quo is kept in place until they're ready to roll with the change.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So since this is very much happening how do we want it to go down? 

My vote is he announces at the end of his last Fox broadcast that "You can go to hell -- I'm going to Texas" and walks off the set.

Add to that, "I hear there's some guy called futureman on a website called Surly Horns, lube that ass up dude!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I just remembered your brother posts on Surly and I feel very bad for him right now.

He loves me though. I’d never intentionally embarrass him. 

My brother  wants UM also! He is UM or bust. 

today has given me even more hope. Only reservation is if Brian Kelly matriculates to the NFL after this season ends. Hopefully, Belmont/BMDs can give Meyer the perfect scenario (whatever it is he wants) to make him our next HC.

make it happen!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, C-Man said:

I keep hearing that we will not make a move on Herman until the replacement is signed, sealed and delivered and ready to be introduced. Imagine the hysterics we'd see if CDC announced Herman was being relieved of his duties in the next day or two. I guess they feel they can conduct a more discreet coaching search if the status quo is kept in place until they're ready to roll with the change.

If Bellmont  has their guy, they need to go ahead and fire and then hire within the next 24/48 hours.   No sense in kicking the can down the road or even worse yet use a search committee.   I want to slit my wrist whenever I hear of a committee hiring a new coach...   It's a clusterfuck waiting to happen when the committee hire ends up being a giant dud.  But damn one of them who had input gets to wash their hands including the AD and University President because the blame goes back to the committee.  Screw that!   

CDC was hired to the be a CEO type of AD..   Hire the new HC and then present it to a called special  meeting of the BOR and be done.   

1)  The Barton guy is the founder of BuckeyeScoop, and that Stephanie chick with whom Shelley Meyer did that interview is part of the same site.  For both Urban and Shelley to be doing interviews with them, they are clearly connected.

2) That FCB note - though not definitive - was actually pretty specific.  Referred to an official, public communication from Texas, within 2 - 3 days, putting an end to the Meyer speculation AND confirming that Herman would stay.  The sort of info that not many other than CDC could feed him. (Or ... he just made it all up.  Because FCB.) Has IT said anything along those lines?  (Saw the tangential Nahlin reference to the FCB note.)

Just now, Getafix said:

1)  The Barton guy is the founder of BuckeyeScoop, and that Stephanie chick with whom Shelley Meyer did that interview is part of the same site.  For both Urban and Shelley to be doing interviews with them, they are clearly connected.

2) That FCB note - though not definitive - was actually pretty specific.  Referred to an official, public communication from Texas, within 2 - 3 days, putting an end to the Meyer speculation AND confirming that Herman would stay.  The sort of info that not many other than CDC could feed him. (Or ... he just made it all up.  Because FCB.) Has IT said anything along those lines?  (Saw the tangential Nahlin reference to the FCB note.)

FCB=Baghdad Bob.

23 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I just hope like hell he's not playing with our emotions and using the Texas job to get a better deal from an NFL team. I'm 90% done with the NFL anyway so I'll have to kick it up to 100% if he goes that direction.

47 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We may not be perfect. True. We all know this. But what a way to go out coaching. Bringing the Longhorns out of the abyss and into greatness. Jmo. We need to somehow have our Minister of Culture bump into him and Shelley somewhere. 😃

We can put him on a gyrocopter to Horseshoe Bay at a moment's notice. We could even dust off the jet pack and send him out there.

5 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

CDC was hired to the be a CEO type of AD..   Hire the new HC and then present it to a called special  meeting of the BOR and be done.   

And what if the new head coach has agreed in principle but wants to wait to be announced until he gets his guys ready to go who have asked him to wait till their season is done? Where does that put CDC? 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic