Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

49 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Lots of good discussion happening? I see. It’s the night shift now. Let’s rock it out while bashing Turtle Tom!

fuck you tom Herman!

Urban  or bust! 

That is among my top 3 Lita Ford songs, along with this one:

...and my number one:

^--- seriously her best tune and it isn't even close

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, icanhazLHN? said:

65D20D7F-7CCE-42B0-AB04-04C237110323.png

A few years ago, it appears the chickens had gotten close to hiring turtle-tom, so he had already talked to South Carolina a bunch in one of SC's previous coach-search cycle:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/usatoday-details-happened-tom-herman-south-carolina/

And they already have an article up about what has happened so far tonight with what Sapakoff said to Finebaum about this latest SC coaching opening and turtle-tom's interest -- it goes a little more into detail than that twitter clip:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/tom-herman-reportedly-contacted-sec-ad-about-coaching-vacancy/

"“I didn’t say he quite begged, he did call, I’ve got good sources that said that,” Sapakoff said. “To kind of refresh you Paul, he was somebody that South Carolina coveted when they hired Will Muschamp, they wanted him, he was the hottest candidate of that coaching cycle. But he wisely chose Texas and then you go to Kirby Smart, he’s going to go to his alma mater, Georgia. They considered (Justin) Fuente, he went to Virginia Tech. And so there was some Ray Tanner discussions way back then. I think Tom Herman, I’ve got a lot of people I know at the University of Texas too, and he sees what was possibly coming this year and what is really coming next year and that is he is No. 1 on the hot seat. Especially with the way Jimbo’s recruiting at Texas A&M and what’s going on at TCU. Longhorn Nation’s not putting up with that. I think he was looking to get out ahead of the posse.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t have fun bags/ bolt one. They seem fine to me. ??? She has a nice figure. But starting to IMO look rough in the face. Too much alcohol. She’s pretty. I don’t swing that way but y’all are the experts. I think she’s pretty. 

These are the same guys who used to hide their 10s from the Hornfans tailgates 15 years ago. A humble bunch. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I know, but it fits the mood for tonight's shitshow.

You pick the music to set the mood.

Like this. Create the mood with the music you choose. 

So, get that Bon Jovi shit outta here.

Edited by Rimbo

12 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Phyllis George (RIP), Morgan Fairchild, Morgan Brittany, Teri Garr, Jaclyn Smith, Farah Fawcett (RIP), Raquel Welch, Lynda Carter, Erin Gray, Olivia Newton-John, Cheryl Tiegs, Audrey Landers, Loni Anderson, etc.

Good call on Phyllis. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Glad you asked...smoking a brisket tonight. Will update step by step 

2816AEEF-6FC9-49FD-8451-42F90680EA57.jpeg

Trim the brisket. Follow the GOD himself 

Then nothing but salt and pepper. Most do 50/50 but I like 2 parts pepper to 1 part salt. Get your smoker to 250 and throw that bitch on and get ready to wait/drink (typically an hour per pound, I’m thinking this will take right at 12 hours). Normally I smoke on my offset but its a Tuesday and I’m not trying to stay up all night so it’s going on the Traeger 

C02368D8-D74F-4823-92B0-DA120171C939.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Any reason why you chose HEB brisket over getting one from any other place (Sam's, Costco, other places depending on your market)?

Nope, it’s cheap and near my house. I like Costco because they have prime briskets but I’m cheap cause this is for the office. If I’m serious about it I’ll go to my local meat market, shout-out Smittys in Tomball

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I might need some lessons. I want to get started but fuck it seems impossible

Nah not impossible. Watch bbq with Franklin on YouTube and expect  your first couple briskets to be crappy. Then you’ll keep getting better. Also hit my PMs

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I might need some lessons. I want to get started but fuck it seems impossible

I would recommend starting with a box style electronic smoker. Cabela's has a few in the $300 range. You use wood chips for the smoke. I'm lazy so I set it up and cook around 1 hour a pound overnight at 225 degrees and it also has a water tray so I don't have to check it at 3am.  I agree to watch Franklin's videos on rub, trimming and technique. Buy the butcher paper to wrap per video. I think Franklin recommends buying Prime Angus, it does make a difference. More expensive.  Just my opinion if you are starting out. I have cooked awesome brisket and ribs this way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Nope, it’s cheap and near my house. I like Costco because they have prime briskets but I’m cheap cause this is for the office. If I’m serious about it I’ll go to my local meat market, shout-out Smittys in Tomball

I prefer Eckermann's Meat Market in New Ulm for my primo meat and sausage.  They're full-service and will process your game, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

A few years ago, it appears the chickens had gotten close to hiring turtle-tom, so he had already talked to South Carolina a bunch in one of SC's previous coach-search cycle:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/usatoday-details-happened-tom-herman-south-carolina/

And they already have an article up about what has happened so far tonight with what Sapakoff said to Finebaum about this latest SC coaching opening and turtle-tom's interest -- it goes a little more into detail than that twitter clip:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/tom-herman-reportedly-contacted-sec-ad-about-coaching-vacancy/

"“I didn’t say he quite begged, he did call, I’ve got good sources that said that,” Sapakoff said. “To kind of refresh you Paul, he was somebody that South Carolina coveted when they hired Will Muschamp, they wanted him, he was the hottest candidate of that coaching cycle. But he wisely chose Texas and then you go to Kirby Smart, he’s going to go to his alma mater, Georgia. They considered (Justin) Fuente, he went to Virginia Tech. And so there was some Ray Tanner discussions way back then. I think Tom Herman, I’ve got a lot of people I know at the University of Texas too, and he sees what was possibly coming this year and what is really coming next year and that is he is No. 1 on the hot seat. Especially with the way Jimbo’s recruiting at Texas A&M and what’s going on at TCU. Longhorn Nation’s not putting up with that. I think he was looking to get out ahead of the posse.

This should shore up our recruiting and portal problems. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic