Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Here's some more BDE for the night crew. Buddy of mine just sent me this from OB. I'm on Mountain Time so glad to be contributing.

Who am I? Just a loyal Texas fan with no insiders on the Texas side. Don't be mislead by the shield, I have been on OB since 2004.
I am the poster who this time last year told you that a buddy of mine who is an OSU insider said that UFM didn't listen to USC last year
because he really liked possibility of Texas job. Things I was told, let's call it level 3.

1) OSU did not do and will not do us any favors as far as hiring UFM.
- He was reminded of his job at OSU while reaching out to current coaches on staff about positions at Texas during a playoff run.
- Even went as far as asking his medical team to reach out to him to remind him of potential health issues arising if he returns to 
coaching.
2) Shelly could and will probably receive a promotion/new position of some sort with the university.
3) Potential honors would be harder to do if he returns to coaching, i.e. statue and Ring of Honor

4) His wife is more onboard with him than returning to coaching than the kids. Its easier on the wife of a coach than kids who want full time granddad.
5) Don't under estimate the bad blood between UFM and Herman being a selling point for taking the Texas job. Herman's role with
Zack Smith issue and Herman being so arrogant with not as much as a Conference Championship skin on the wall chaps UFM's ass!
6) The Meyers and OSU expect another full court press from Texas once OSU is eliminated or wins the CFP.

We'll see how it all plays out. Just passing along what I heard

Preacher: Comic vs Television —

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Here's some more BDE for the night crew. Buddy of mine just sent me this from OB. I'm on Mountain Time so glad to be contributing.

Who am I? Just a loyal Texas fan with no insiders on the Texas side. Don't be mislead by the shield, I have been on OB since 2004.
I am the poster who this time last year told you that a buddy of mine who is an OSU insider said that UFM didn't listen to USC last year
because he really liked possibility of Texas job. Things I was told, let's call it level 3.

- He was reminded of his job at OSU while reaching out to current coaches on staff about positions at Texas during a playoff run.
- Even went as far as asking his medical team to reach out to him to remind him of potential health issues arising if he returns to 
coaching.
2) Shelly could and will probably receive a promotion/new position of some sort with the university.
3) Potential honors would be harder to do if he returns to coaching, i.e. statue and Ring of Honor

4) His wife is more onboard with him than returning to coaching than the kids. Its easier on the wife of a coach than kids who want full time granddad.
5) Don't under estimate the bad blood between UFM and Herman being a selling point for taking the Texas job. Herman's role with
Zack Smith issue and Herman being so arrogant with not as much as a Conference Championship skin on the wall chaps UFM's ass!
6) The Meyers and OSU expect another full court press from Texas once OSU is eliminated or wins the CFP.

See, that's how the night crew does it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

coaching.

God. It's all so hilariously petty, isn't it? Minus the health issue shit and Zach Smith hitting his wife. 

It's easy to forget that despite all of the millions of dollars involved, fanatical support and constant attention from the national media it's just a game. A beautiful, complicated game that thousands of men risk their livelihoods, careers, health and sanity for just to win. 

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

God. It's all so hilariously petty, isn't it? Minus the health issue shit and Zach Smith hitting his wife. 

It's easy to forget that despite all of the millions of dollars involved, fanatical support and constant attention from the national media it's just a game. A beautiful, complicated game that thousands of men risk their livelihoods, careers, health and sanity for just to win. 

Petty? Yes. There are hilariously petty episodes in college football.  Considering the topic @Nicole44 mentioned, this fits in. LULZ

Take the 1978 Orange Bowl where Lou Holtz's Ar-Kansas team smoke Barry Switzer's heavily-favored Mobilhoma team by a final score of 31-6.  It really wasn't Holtz's "coaching brilliance" that had anything to do with the win. I happen to remember watching the game on a black&white TV in my parents' bedroom in disbelief.

From another source with corrections:

"Yep. Reference to a pretty solid rumor of an affair between Switzer and [Larry] Lacewell's wife. Lacewell or his private detective caught them 'running offensive plays' in Lacewell's house while Lacewell was on a recruiting trip. It was about 2 weeks before the 1978 Orange bowl game with Ar-Kansas.

Apparently Switzer and the wife never knew.

Mobilhoma was heavily favored. Lacewell was said to have provided every Mobilhoma defensive set for every down and distance to Ar-kansas. [Lacewell, as DC] Didn't change anything the first half while Ar-kansas was running up the score. Halftime score was 14-0 [It got to be 24-0 before Mobilhoma finally scored.]. Final score was 31-6 Ar-kansas. Lacewell supposedly confronted Switzer at halftime, resigned, and filed for divorce the next day. His wife supposedly got some bucks from some [Mobilhoma] alumni so she would sign the papers and go away, keeping the details quiet."

"Running offensive plays"  LULZ.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, CUM2TX said:

do you guys ever think about when herman was still at houston and he mentally checked out because he knew he was gone and that coug team sort of collapsed... I wonder what the effects of that will be like over a 10 month period.

Herman is probably too arrogant to know he’s gone unless it’s his decision.

So, reports now state we may have some competition for Urban. UCLA to explore firing Kelley and bringing UM on board. UCLA AD is a "genuine friend" of UM from their days at tOSU. Unsure how to embed the story, but here is the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-ucla-could-move-on-from-chip-kelly-target-urban-meyer/ar-BB1c1jNY?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

So, reports now state we may have some competition for Urban. UCLA to explore firing Kelley and bringing UM on board. UCLA AD is a "genuine friend" of UM from their days at tOSU. Unsure how to embed the story, but here is the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-ucla-could-move-on-from-chip-kelly-target-urban-meyer/ar-BB1c1jNY?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

UCLA ain’t gonna pay Urban-Meyer kind of money for a football coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I would tend to agree, especially with the shit show that the whole state of California is in right now. The question is, does Urban give them a discount to be on the West Coast?

Plus a state income tax of 12.3% compared to 0%...ouch

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Slow Loud And Bangin', all in my trunk
Trunk full of funk, I ain't never been a punk
I blow on skunk, I blow on doja
Military minded, I'm a motherfucking soldier
Out the streets, of the Ridgemont 4
Not no bitch, and say I still ain't a ho

This, pocket full of stones and June 27 freestyle are the 3 greatest songs in houston rap history.

Pocket Full of Stones literally opened the door for Houston rap.

Fuck 281

Edited by BurntOrange&White

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

coaching.

Selfish ass kids.  3 and 4 may be important to urban

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This, pocket full of stones and June 27 freestyle are the 3 greatest songs in houston rap history.

Pocket Full of Stones literally opened the door for Houston rap.

Fuck 281

29 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

713 let’s go!!

mike jones rap GIF

14816390-A37A-448D-BD02-69FDD66B08C5.jpeg

23 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Slow Loud And Bangin', all in my trunk
Trunk full of funk, I ain't never been a punk
I blow on skunk, I blow on doja
Military minded, I'm a motherfucking soldier
Out the streets, of the Ridgemont 4
Not no bitch, and say I still ain't a ho

gtfo with the 1999 2005 ish

embrace the new houston or become an opp

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, ztejas said:

Who knows if this rando actually has a source or not. Buckeyes fans are continuing to entertain in the comments, however. 

I thought he left Florida due to health and left tOSU because he didn't like the slap on the wrist given to him by tOSU administration.

• Like 1