Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Everybody knows this will be Urbs last coaching job wherever he ends up so his "no" was more of a "not right now " because its in his best interest to see what all jobs come open on any level just in case. Once that all is more clear on Monday when NFL jobs and maybe even ND is open then he will pick the job he wants to retire in. Like CTJ and others have said this makes way to much sense to not happen unless a unforeseen job comes open. 

25 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Everybody knows this will be Urbs last coaching job wherever he ends up so his "no" was more of a "not right now " because its in his best interest to see what all jobs come open on any level just in case. Once that all is more clear on Monday when NFL jobs and maybe even ND is open then he will pick the job he wants to retire in. Like CTJ and others have said this makes way to much sense to not happen unless a unforeseen job comes open. 

Second to last imo.  5 years and then somewhere for the sunset.

20 minutes ago, Kurt Bowels said:

College offense is all about simplicity, repetition, speed, and leverage of the opposing defense before the snap.

Same for Patterson's defense. I recall reading that he had a two day install for his defense and then they repped the hell out of it. The goal was to simplify each player's responsibilities so they could just play.

4 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Same for Patterson's defense. I recall reading that he had a two day install for his defense and then they repped the hell out of it. The goal was to simplify each player's responsibilities so they could just play.

Didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me. Despite a huge disadvantage in recruiting, his defenses play fast.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

This is my favorite thing about this place.

My favorite thing about you as a poster is despite being totally uninformed and clearly not connected to anyone at Texas, you are supremely confident in your takes. That takes a special kind of poster to match that level of confidence with being that uninformed. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Alamo bowl is on ESPNU and can we all agree that Mike Golic is a fucking terrible color guy?

#urbanorbust

The worst. I have Xfinity so no LHN ended up putting the game on mute. The play by play guy was even worse, he called multiple players the wrong name throughout the game and even mistook Thompson for Ehlinger and my favorite was Bijan Robinson for Josh Moore

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

The worst. I have Xfinity so no LHN ended up putting the game on mute. The play by play guy was even worse, he called multiple players the wrong name throughout the game and even mistook Thompson for Ehlinger and my favorite was Bijan Robinson for Josh Moore

Do you even Tim Brando bro?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Besides the resident troll in this thread, I’ve been the biggest wet blanket on Urban coming here solely because of what I’ve been told, but I also just don’t understand how he goes from very interested and engaged to not wanting to come. It doesn’t make sense to me either. Deep down I’m just hoping that Meyer has been putting out the no’s like he did for the Florida and OSU jobs. In summary, I’m still on the Urban train anyway.

I’ve been down on our chances because the Sunday after Kansas State game he was basically, “Thanks. No thanks.” Taking that at face value maybe is wrong but what else are you supposed to do? It sure sounds like we are going to really force him to say no. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’ve been down on our chances because the Sunday after Kansas State game he was basically, “Thanks. No thanks.” Taking that at face value maybe is wrong but what else are you supposed to do? It sure sounds like we are going to really force him to say no. 

I honestly think it was a no for now because he wants to explore his NFL options.  If those fall through, he'll say yes.

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

My thinking at this point is we are waiting for both ND and OSU to be eliminated (hopefully tomorrow) then we turn up the heat on BK. Things start progressing and we tell UM, “look there are probably 3 CFB jobs you will ever take and this one won’t be available for years because we have someone lined up. If you want to coach at this level again, this is your last chance and we are giving you absolutely everything you have ever asked for. If not here and now, it’s never...are you sure?” Then we wait...

• Hook 'Em 2

Patterson will continue on with TCU in a consultant or even administrative role. He's going to have a hand in who they hire next, and hes already told people he thinks Hugh Freeze is a great coach. I would really rather not see Freeze end up there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Patterson will continue on with TCU in a consultant or even administrative role. He's going to have a hand in who they hire next, and hes already told people he thinks Hugh Freeze is a great coach. I would really rather not see Freeze end up there. 

Tennessee

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

Fat Pat is only 60. Would figure outside of a cardiac event he has 7-10 years left at a  minimum (and he will decide when he leaves that place) so not sure on that timeline something like Freeze becoming the TCU coach is really an issue.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fat Pat is only 60. Would figure outside of a cardiac event he has 7-10 years left at a  minimum (and he will decide when he leaves that place) so not sure on that timeline something like Freeze becoming the TCU coach is really an issue.  

Dont know how much longer he will do it but Id guess its more 3-5. Hes a guy that isnt going to like this NIL stuff at all. I think hes looking for one more good up cycle then hes out. 

3 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Night crew is the equivalent of a great O-line. We do the work, we get dirty, and we push things forward while never losing sight of the ultimate goal. Day crew is like the flighty ego-centric QB who throws picks routinely and wants to give up in the 2nd quarter but somehow stumbles around and completes the game-winning TD because the O-line dominated and gave him enough time to eyeball a pass into the right place.

The formal announcement of Urban to Texas will be during the day shift, who of course will claim all the credit.

We will know the deal was completed the night before.

I cant wait for Ketchum to call Del Conte an "assassin" as if he had anything to do with any of it. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Night crew is the equivalent of a great O-line. We do the work, we get dirty, and we push things forward while never losing sight of the ultimate goal. Day crew is like the flighty ego-centric QB who throws picks routinely and wants to give up in the 2nd quarter but somehow stumbles around and completes the game-winning TD because the O-line dominated and gave him enough time to eyeball a pass into the right place.

The formal announcement of Urban to Texas will be during the day shift, who of course will claim all the credit.

We will know the deal was completed the night before.

Y'all are the fats.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

Track records matter in things like this. I think it’s entirely possible he’s a yes but saying no - it’s what he’s done before. The “or bust” part for me is an unwillingness to hope for success with any coach other than UM.  Life’s too short to chase fools folly with another name.  Give me UM or I’ll take a wait and prove it to me approach. 

It's always a no until it becomes a yes.  Unless in Waco, then a no is a yes no matter what.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

21 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Have you seen how much he sweats? I give him three tops

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

My favorite thing about you as a poster is despite being totally uninformed and clearly not connected to anyone at Texas, you are supremely confident in your takes. That takes a special kind of poster to match that level of confidence with being that uninformed. 

They are opinions. I, unlike other people here, make absolutely no claim to inside information.

But Nick Saban was never coming to Texas. 

Neither is Urban Meyer.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They are opinions. I, unlike other people here, make absolutely no claim to inside information.

But Nick Saban was never coming to Texas. 

Neither is Urban Meyer.

And you say this with certainty despite not having inside information. If I didn’t know something or was just opining based on my feelings I would probably use qualifiers. But you do you. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, taybo20 said:

I honestly can’t wait for the badge of shame, for being an unbeliever, if we do fire Herman and hire a new coach in the next month. I’ll wear it so proudly and happily. 

With apologies to Guadaloopy, I hope to hell I am wrong about everything and will be proud as fuck to be wrong.

But this is Texas and our track record with regard to coaches has left a lot of us with PTSD.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1