Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, futureman said:

you’re not. literally anything posted anywhere on this whole website has zero to do with urban not coming here. 

Okay, misdirection detected. A simple yes or no will do. I'll restate the question:

In the event that you are incorrect and UM does come to Texas, will you be a man of your word or will you retreat into the shadows?

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Okay, misdirection detected. A simple yes or no will do. I'll restate the question:

In the event that you are incorrect and UM does come to Texas, will you be a man of your word or will you retreat into the shadows?

He's a man of his word. This is going to get dirty I presume, there is a lot of HCIW talk about sark at alabama, which makes far far more sense than him jumping ship with no continuity here. Urban is the only coach without a buyout of any kind on the table and makes the most sense from a starting fresh perspective. 

I'm still on the Urban to Texas train. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, immamac said:

He's a man of his word. This is going to get dirty I presume, there is a lot of HCIW talk about sark at alabama, which makes far far more sense than him jumping ship with no continuity here. Urban is the only coach without a buyout of any kind on the table and makes the most sense from a starting fresh perspective. 

over GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Choo choo mofo. I'll be riding that fucker into Eastwood ravine with you! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I’m not willing to make any bets about it- but I just don’t see it at this point. Sark legit seems like the best we can do. People act like we’re a school that doesn’t lose to TCU on the regular 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I agree. My only concern at this point is that we may have to wait until after the NC game to find out if UM is happening and there will be a ton on unrest within the ranks in the meantime. As long as that unrest doesn't result in a rushed decision to hire someone else I'm fine with waiting. Choo fucking choo.

5 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I’m a man of my word. but when urban doesn’t come to UT all the cowards here (>99% of the posters) will retreat into the shadows instead of giving me the credit I deserve for breaking the truth of the story months before even the most high profile media members knew what was going on.

I am the top insider here. period. get over it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

futureman's already bet his ass on this. What more do you want?

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Brody the Dog has impeccable sources.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m a man of my word. but when urban doesn’t come to UT all the cowards here (>99% of the posters) will retreat into the shadows instead of giving me the credit I deserve for breaking the truth of the story months before even the most high profile media members knew what was going on.

If you get the story right I will most definitely give you your credit, followed by a nice suggestion for you to kindly go your mother. 

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

PerfectMassiveKagu-max-1mb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

At this point, I'd be happy hiring Colt as a figurehead and keeping the current staff. The big thing is Herman is gone. Anything beyond that is gravy (though I still want Urban).

I would have been fine with Interim Ash for all next season.  Just get the clown out of the 40.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

I have no skin in the game so I'm not going to say you're definitely right or absolutely wrong. I *hope* you're wrong but if it turns out that you were right I'll give you props. Either way, one of us will be happy and the other won't. Period.

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

I have no skin in the game so I'm not going to say you're definitely right or absolutely wrong. I *hope* you're wrong but if it turns out that you were right I'll give you props. Either way, one of us will be happy and the other won't. Period.

Why cant we all just be happy that Herman’s gone?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

futureman's already bet his ass on this. What more do you want?

I want Urban at Texas. Other than that I couldn't care less. But, Futureman has been incessant with his postings and I was just wondering if he's willing to go through with his bet if he should be wrong.

Why can’t texas do anything right? You fired Herman then go radio silent on the new hire? If it’s a process then come out and say that. If you have another coach hired then announce him or give a definite time you are announcing the new hire. You again have let reporters and twitter create the narrative of your program rather than controlling the narrative yourself. JFC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I want Urban at Texas. Other than that I couldn't care less. But, Futureman has been incessant with his postings and I was just wondering if he's willing to go through with his bet if he should be wrong.

the only thing that has been incessant is the rampant delusion being shit all over the football board. 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Why can’t texas do anything right? You fired Herman then go radio silent on the new hire? If it’s a process then come out and say that. If you have another coach hired then announce him or give a definite time you are announcing the new hire. You again have let reporters and twitter create the narrative of your program rather than controlling the narrative yourself. JFC. 

There is always the chance that this is part of the narrative they want. Maybe not the best chance, but a chance nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

Why cant we all just be happy that Herman’s gone?

I am ecstatic that TH is gone. However, at what cost? Large buyout for anyone other than UM, Saban or Dabo is a loss in my book. And two of those names aren't realistic whatsoever. The third is only fiscally realistic at this point.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It's been three god damn hours for fucks sake.  Take a god damn ritalin and don't be such an impatient fuck.  If we are shitting on ourselves a week from now have at it...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, thunderlounge said:

There is always the chance that this is part of the narrative they want. Maybe not the best chance, but a chance nonetheless.

You think part of the plan was to make your school look like a joke? Or are you saying they are doing this on purpose(which I doubt) then announce a meh hire in sark in the end?