Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 hours ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

Meyer has run out of luck, and the NCAA would be up your ass from day one. From an outsider's POV, I don't see any scenario when the divided "powers that be" at UT agree on Urban Meyer. The guy is toxic. Kyle Whittingham is your best bet, and he'll bolt for Austin as fast as Urban bolted for Gainesville, too. 

What you guys have to ask yourselves RE: NCAA goings on: Who knew what at tOSU RE: spousal abuse, and when did they know it? tOSU got lucky that Urban snaked out when he did, and they didn't get kicked in the nuts by the NCAA. Keep the integrity, but go for the throat, and hire Kyle Whittingham. 

The fact that a sooner doesn't want UT to hire Urban Meyer says it all.  They would shit their collective jorts in norman if Texas hired Urban.

5 hours ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

but, he's forced to do more with less. That's the guy you want. No five-star wants to go to Salt Lake City from out-of-state. If they do, they're probably Mormon from the Pacific Islands. 

Austin? Let's see what he does with 5-stars. Qualifier: I've lived in Boulder for 12 and 1/2 years. Some cities are better than others... and SLC ranks around Tulsa if you're not a Mormon. SLC's beautiful, but the people.... OMG- Tulsa-level.

We've tried that.  No fucking thanks.  We don't need a guy who can do more with less.  We need a guy who's proven he can do more with more.   Utah is just another Louisville/Houston and Whittingham is just another Strong/Herman.  I'm fucking done rolling the dice on wishful thinking prospects.  That shit fails more often than not and especially at a place like UT.  Let places like LSU and Florida be stepping stone jobs for prospect coaches to get from G5 to blue blood.  We are not the LSU/Florida in this scenario, we are the Alabama/Ohio State.

It's been 20 years since the last blue blood program won a National Championship with an unproven, prospect head coach.  Things have changed and that shit doesn't work anymore.

The formula is written in crayon and the rare key ingredient just happens to be available.  Get Urban.

Edited by Landomatic
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

We’re wanting to hire another one of Meyers ex-coordinators as our HC? I guess we’re hoping the third time is a charm? 

My main question about Whittingham is, why has he been in Utah for so long if he’s the next great head coach?

Irrelevant. He was there before Meyer, and rose to HC after Meyer left for Gainesville. Whitingham's been there for 25 years,.

Edited by BoomerSooner2578

10 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

We've got a sooner in here lobbying against UT hiring urban and for UT hiring kyle fucking whittingham.  What does that tell ya?

We want to leave together with y'all when we GTFO of this shell of a P5 conference, join the same division of whatever conference we end up in, and It'll be harder to do so with shit smeared all over your walls. You're asking for trouble if you hire that piece of shit, which will be for about five years max. His luck has run out. tOSU got lucky. 

1 minute ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

We want to leave together with y'all when we GTFO of this shell of a P5 conference, join the same division of whatever conference we end up in, and It'll be harder to do so with shit smeared all over your walls. You're asking for trouble if you hire that piece of shit, which will be for about five years max. His luck has run out. tOSU got lucky. 

So don't go talk to that much hotter chick who's a freak in the sack, because you want to go home with us at the end of the night?  Got it.

31 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

If you guys aren't going to take this seriously, I'mma take my ball and go home.😜  

You could take your ball over to Tom's house,  he has a bat.  And a chain.  

I know he does because I saw him get off the team bus with both of them.  

13 hours ago, Chooky said:

Texas isn't a place where you have to be a piece of shit to win.

College Station is a place where you have to be a piece of shit to win.

Baylor's best days were with an unrivaled, fetid, steaming piece of shit at the helm and they just learned that they don't have to be hot, liquid feces to win.

Oklahoma is a place where you don't need a piece of shit to win.  But they gravitate toward it.  The shit will always just seep from their pores.  Bud Wilkinson wasn't a piece of shit but the OU fanbase chose Barry Switzer as their legacy because he was a piece of shit and taught them how to take pride in being jagged chunks of shit.  

I don't want a piece of shit at the helm because Texas can win without being pieces of shit.

You are part of the problem.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Laga4 said:

When the NCAA punted on Cam Newton,  that sent the signal that the gloves were off in recruiting.  A lot of schools got the message and are playing the game,  some didn't choose to play.  

We seem to be one of the schools that didn't play the game.  

Should we play?

Talent is not our problem in losses to Iowa State, Baylor and TCU.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

You're a blueblood for a very, very long time. Michigan's last AP National Championship was 1997, and they've been fucking abused by their rival ever since. Nebraska's still a blueblood, FFS. Notre Dame (last NC was ' 88), Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Texas, Nebraska, Alabama. That's it.

Meyer has run out of luck, and the NCAA would be up your ass from day one. From an outsider's POV, I don't see any scenario when the divided "powers that be" at UT agree on Urban Meyer. The guy is toxic. Kyle Whittingham is your best bet, and he'll bolt for Austin as fast as Urban bolted for Gainesville, too. 

What you guys have to ask yourselves RE: NCAA goings on: Who knew what at tOSU RE: spousal abuse, and when did they know it? tOSU got lucky that Urban snaked out when he did, and they didn't get kicked in the nuts by the NCAA. Keep the integrity, but go for the throat, and hire Kyle Whittingham. 

There is a huge difference in a program being a blue blood for their history and what they are in the present day. You mentioned Nebraska and Michigan. Both teams have been irrelevant for a long time. Nebraska moved to the Big 10 where they were stripped of their identity and mean zero. None of their rivalries are in tact and college football is all about rivalries unlike pro sports. When is the last time Michigan has had a legit shot to win anything? 2006? Texas hasn't did shit for a decade. If you think hanging onto he past blue blood status is going to have some sort of impact, you are wrong. Times change. You think these recruits give a shit if Texas won it all in 2005 or how good they were in the 60s or all their all time wins? Same goes for Nebraska and Michigan.

Kyle Whittingham? Lmao. You are an OU fan. Of course you want Texas to have another coach like that. Fuck Whittingham. Get a coach who can win and win big at this level. Urban is that guy. He will get another job with ease and do just fine. Unlike Briles who was banished all the way down to high school ball. Which makes me laugh at people who actually compare Urban to Briles.

Your program won with a piece of shit like Switzer. Hell he came to Dallas and won a Super Bowl. Did yall care? No. Did Cowboys fan care? Nope. Winning cures all. The only programs who bring up morality are ones that are losing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

Your top brass is going to fire Tom Herman. Think positive. 

the hell they are, bewmer süner.  we’re collectively jerking off into the new coach jizz jar but herman is gonna be here in 2020, for better or worse.  it’s a hell of a thing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

There is a huge difference in a program being a blue blood for their history and what they are in the present day. You mentioned Nebraska and Michigan. Both teams have been irrelevant for a long time. Nebraska moved to the Big 10 where they were stripped of their identity and mean zero. None of their rivalries are in tact and college football is all about rivalries unlike pro sports. When is the last time Michigan has had a legit shot to win anything? 2006? Texas hasn't did shit for a decade. If you think hanging onto he past blue blood status is going to have some sort of impact, you are wrong. Times change. You think these recruits give a shit if Texas won it all in 2005 or how good they were in the 60s or all their all time wins? Same goes for Nebraska and Michigan.

Kyle Whittingham? Lmao. You are an OU fan. Of course you want Texas to have another coach like that. Fuck Whittingham. Get a coach who can win and win big at this level. Urban is that guy. He will get another job with ease and do just fine. Unlike Briles who was banished all the way down to high school ball. Which makes me laugh at people who actually compare Urban to Briles.

Your program won with a piece of shit like Switzer. Hell he came to Dallas and won a Super Bowl. Did yall care? No. Did Cowboys fan care? Nope. Winning cures all. The only programs who bring up morality are ones that are losing.

This. Kids going to Clemson don’t give a shit where they rank in all time wins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This. Kids going to Clemson don’t give a shit where they rank in all time wins. 

Yep. Clemson is far from a blue blood. The term Dabo'ing was coined because how much Dabo choked at Clemson. Boom, playoff appearances 4 straight years and 2 national titles wins. They have now passed Texas right now in the present. They are an attractive destination. Texas is not. But I get it, people will hang on to the all time wins, blue blood, We're Texas, 2005. It's natural. But some people need to come to grips to what Texas is right now in football. We are not a blue blood at the moment. Not even close.

14 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I can watch our oline and say player development and scheme are problems, which again comes down to the coaches.

It's the schemes.  The defense knows our plays.  Hell, ISU players were telling our players that!  Hard for an OL to block when the DL and LBs run into the lanes they know Sam or Ingram will be in.  Those ISU LBs were having career days against us.  Where our RB lines up next to the QB and the formation we are in apparently are tipping the defenses.  Apparently, Herman is too fucking idiotic to realize other teams scout us.  The GAs and analysts have told him this.  But he doesn't give a fuck because his binder shows a statistic that disagrees.  These same guys man-handled a very good LSU DL.  They've had their fair share of terrible performances but the coaches are to blame for putting them in situations where they are set to fail from the get go.  

• Like 2

I have OU fans in my family. They don't even taunt me after a loss anymore. It would just be dog piling. We're getting to be like the loser in the family that's used to being the zero, it no longer bothers them to be humiliated or to need other people's help, their past even trying to take care of themselves, when you see them you try to be respectful so as not to be cruel, but inside you have nothing but contempt, and are just glad you have never sunk that low

This is no longer about winning games or winning championships, this is about not tarnishing the university, It's about having some self respect, It's about having a football team show up on Saturday that doesn't embarrass themselves, and make no mistake that sh** Show yesterday should embarrass you

The hubris here is thinking you can humiliate yourselves for ten years running and assume it's just a matter of time before you make it back to prominence because "we're Texas"

What a bunch of buffoons

We need to hire Urban Meyer because he will kick people's asses, and everyone will respect us for doing that regardless of what they say

Fire up the rumor mill 

Urban Meyer Is interested.

I put the chance at 5% however I thought it was 0.01% last week. Now two big donors are trying to get others interested. If CDC jumps on board things would change fast (and word is he is VERY upset).

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/meyer-139096422/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

At least I can have respect for UT for doing things honestly, with integrity. That'll completely change with CUM. The spousal abuse at tOSU is the perfect example. 

well, we certainly don't want to lose OU's respect

I would hate it if we beat them five years in a row and scored 60 points on them a couple times and they tut-tutted at me because they thought our coach didn't have integrity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. Clemson is far from a blue blood. The term Dabo'ing was coined because how much Dabo choked at Clemson. Boom, playoff appearances 4 straight years and 2 national titles wins. They have now passed Texas right now in the present. They are an attractive destination. Texas is not. But I get it, people will hang on to the all time wins, blue blood, We're Texas, 2005. It's natural. But some people need to come to grips to what Texas is right now in football. We are not a blue blood at the moment. Not even close.

As Swandered pointed out, it was Clemson'ing -- not Dabo'ing.

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

no way in hell you can watch our oline and say talent isn't a problem

They're not world-beaters but the coaching is so ridiculously bad they don't have a chance.

49 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I can watch our oline and say player development and scheme are problems, which again comes down to the coaches.

This

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic