Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

20 hours ago, smakashart said:

how would you react if this happens

Two things wrong with this scenario:

1. Jerry will never fire Garrett.

2. I can't see Meyer wanting to live anywhere near Norman most of the year. He can have pretty much any job he wants if he waits for it. I don't believe the OU job would be that high up on his list of possible coaching gigs. 

Ok. I’ll play. Give us some sort of clue why you would know anything.

Just relaying an inside scoop from a good buddy that works in the athletic program. Couldn’t resist. Not giving any more details so that he doesn’t get in trouble. Take it or leave it, no sweat off my sack.

• Like 3

If USC doesn't get him this offseason, Kyle Whittingham from Utah should be on our short list next year if we were to fire Herman. The guy is a great coach. 
He's a lifer at Utah if he is smart. Not leaving unless he wins the whole thing and then it will take 8+ to get him to leave.

4 minutes ago, FuckinA said:

Just relaying an inside scoop from a good buddy that works in the athletic program. Couldn’t resist. Not giving any more details so that he doesn’t get in trouble. Take it or leave it, no sweat off my sack.

Does your friend have anything to do with Porta Potties or FlightAware? If so, I believe in you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:
4 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:
If USC doesn't get him this offseason, Kyle Whittingham from Utah should be on our short list next year if we were to fire Herman. The guy is a great coach. 

He's a lifer at Utah if he is smart. Not leaving unless he wins the whole thing and then it will take 8+ to get him to leave.

Exactly.  Why ever leave a situation like that.  And SLC, with Park City right there, is pretty spectacular country.

24 minutes ago, Beef said:

Urban wouldn’t interview, he would work out the terms to accept.

So you’re saying he’s already been hired? Even better!

15 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I seriously doubt Texas would interview anyone for a job that currently isn't available. What a waste of time for everyone

True but 6 days from now...

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Exactly.  Why ever leave a situation like that.  And SLC, with Park City right there, is pretty spectacular country.

He is making $4M a year and can make north of $6M at Texas and recruit at the highest level to compete for national championships. I think most D1 coaches like money and championships. Not saying he would come here but it's definitely as far fetched as some of you make out to be. Getting one of the best in the biz is never going to be easy.

1 hour ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Urban was admitted to Seton Northwest with chest pain earlier tonight. It's definitely on.

Let’s keep him away from our critically acclaimed volleyball team

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

It’s boring as shit

From a money, talent, recruiting, and prestiege perspective there's only a handful of jobs that could expect to hire Urban at this point in his career. fOSU is out for obvious reasons.  Bama, Dome, LSU are locked up for now.  

UM?  Not yet.  OU should be locked up for the foreseeable future except the Riley NFL speculation. 

USC probably the most likely, but their decision making isn't much better than ours

UT will wait until he's off the market, completely fuck it up and probably end up hiring yet another former assistant.  Super hot chick just got out of a bad relationship and really really wants us to take her home.  But we are too busy fucking all her skanky friends because we're dumb.   

What other programs could reasonably expect to have a chance?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:
His wife met with my real estate agent. IT'S HAPPENNING!!!!!

I have a paid sub to flightradar24. I can confirm he was in a g450 yesterday in Austin.

G650 maybe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Treefidy said:

From a money, talent, recruiting, and prestiege perspective there's only a handful of jobs that could expect to hire Urban at this point in his career. fOSU is out for obvious reasons.  Bama, Dome, LSU are locked up for now.  

UM?  Not yet.  OU should be locked up for the foreseeable future except the Riley NFL speculation. 

USC probably the most likely, but their decision making isn't much better than ours

UT will wait until he's off the market, completely fuck it up and probably end up hiring yet another former assistant.  Super hot chick just got out of a bad relationship and really really wants us to take her home.  But we are too busy fucking all her skanky friends because we're dumb.   

What other programs could reasonably expect to have a chance?

So what you're saying is, Larry Fedora is our next coach.

12 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I didn't realize Utah was a mid major G5.

They are very much the equivalent of.  Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

You are not going to get the guys that have rings unless they are washed up like Mack or Jimbo.

Yeah, if only there were a guy available with rings who wasn't washed up.

However, you can find coaches like Kyle Whittingham coaching at a high level at a P5 program that lacks resources and money.

We've tried this formula.  As have many many other blue blood juggernaut programs.  It doesn't work.  It hasn't worked since Mack Brown (anywhere, not just UT) and that was 20 years ago.  There's more than enough proof to clearly illustrate this.

We've tried this formula.  As have many many other blue blood juggernaut programs.  It doesn't work.  It hasn't worked since Mack Brown (anywhere, not just UT) and that was 20 years ago.  There's more than enough proof to clearly illustrate this.

I mean it actually worked about 10 years ago with the exact "G5 equivalent" school and coach you bring up in your post. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic