Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Urban is going to hide behind the log in 2020 until Herman shits the bed.  Meyer's two years back on television as a Fox commentator will make him "legit" as far as public perception goes and he will be our next head coach at 56 years of age.  He will make use of all the vast resources at his disposal and will go on a 7-10 year ass kicking tour of the southwest/southeast  and all parts in between.  

• Like 1

Other than staying with fox, I think the most likely scenario is he is Garrett’s replacement in Dallas. But I’d much rather him end up at Texas if I had to choose between my two teams. I KNOW he’s one of the greatest college coaches to ever step foot on a football field. I don’t know how grown men who potentially make more money than him will respond to him.

12 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Urban is going to hide behind the log in 2020 until Herman shits the bed.  Meyer's two years back on television as a Fox commentator will make him "legit" as far as public perception goes and he will be our next head coach at 56 years of age.  He will make use of all the vast resources at his disposal and will go on a 7-10 year ass kicking tour of the southwest/southeast  and all parts in between.  

Funny, Trojan boards are saying basically the same thing.  Replace Herman with Helton, 2020 with 2019, and the geography parts.  I hope to god he does not end up there.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Funny, Trojan boards are saying basically the same thing.  Replace Herman with Helton, 2020 with 2019, and the geography parts.  I hope to god he does not end up there.

Word is that years of self-imposed idiocy are about to end.

If the Clown gets his long-overdue walking papers Sunday or Monday, you might want to stay away from tv, internet, social the rest of next week SB.

If you were urban, knowing Toms last year is 20, would you jump at usc, or wait for Texas in a year.  Urbana goal is nc at a different school.  Which program gives him easiest path to nc?  

Both conferenes have champ. game.   Is it easier to win big 12 or pac 12?

i think big 12 would be easier to win.  Win big 12, you’re in playoffs. 

I think urban will will be very cautious about moving up to cowboys......he is ready to win, one more college championship.  

Just now, orangecat92 said:

If you were urban, knowing Toms last year is 20, would you jump at usc, or wait for Texas in a year.  Urbana goal is nc at a different school.  Which program gives him easiest path to nc?  

I think urban will will be very cautious about moving up to cowboys......he is ready to win, one more college championship.  

Why not go to OU when Lincoln goes to the Cowboys?

15 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Weird delayed DP

Edited by Queen Bitch

5 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Because Norman sucks ass and Oklahoma isn’t the fertile recruiting ground that Texas and California are. 

I keep hearing about how Texas is such a fertile recruiting ground but name for me the Texas university that's kicking ass with all these blue Chip Texas recruits? If it's so fertile there has to be plenty to go around right?

I think mostly Texas HS football players are spoiled and soft coming out of HS. Texans make too big of a deal about it and make these kids stars in their own towns. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I keep hearing about how Texas is such a fertile recruiting ground but name for me the Texas university that's kicking ass with all these blue Chip Texas recruits? If it's so fertile there has to be plenty to go around right?

I think mostly Texas HS football players are spoiled and soft coming out of HS. Texans make too big of a deal about it and make these kids stars in their own towns. 

Check the Ohio State roster. Check the last two Heisman winners and the last three OU QBs. See what Matt Rhule is doing with the Texas leftovers. 

Urban Meyer is well aware of the Texas high school talent. He’s been stealing it for years. So has OU. I’m sure he knows what that talent would do if it were concentrated in its own state and actually coached properly. Same goes for USC. 

Meyer just said what Texas leadership is not seemingly grasping.  When talking about the Michigan Faithful and their expectations, “Is 10 wins a year enough? Look around at this place (Big House), These people will tell you, ‘No, it is not’...”

THIS is the mentality I was leading the Texas Longhorns.  From the AD to every Graduate Assistant.  And for damn sure the Head Coach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Check the Ohio State roster. Check the last two Heisman winners and the last three OU QBs. See what Matt Rhule is doing with the Texas leftovers. 

Urban Meyer is well aware of the Texas high school talent. He’s been stealing it for years. So has OU. I’m sure he knows what that talent would do if it were concentrated in its own state and actually coached properly. Same goes for USC. 

Texas puts out a few good QBs every few years and a few good skill guys like Dobbins but the offensive line recruits suck ass every single year and other than the occasional Ed Oliver or Ashawn Robinson the Dline sucks ass too. Can't build a title team with just skill players and a QB. Even the last two Heisman winners are looking bad (Mayfield) and just ok (Murray) in the NFL which combined with how well Hurts looks points to it being all Lincoln's abilities as an offensive coach. Hurts couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at Alabama and now looks like a Heisman contender too. 

So soft lines, a couple of skill guys here and there, and QBs if they play for Lincoln Reilly. Yeah, crazy fertile recruiting grounds. Urban would have to find a way to pay enough money to mama to import his lines from SEC and Big 10 country and no Texas coach has been able to do that the modern game. Either that or run his offense like Reilly and win the big 12 only to get exposed in the playoff

I know I'm a broken record here, but this is the ultimate litmus test for the belief that "Texas doesn't care as much about football as the really successful programs."

If Texas did really prioritize winning, this move would be a no-brainer. 

If Texas doesn't, it will bring an obvious lesser-tier coach back for another mediocre season while someone else hires Meyer. 

I know there's a buyout. I know Urban seems sleazy. I know. Other programs would do it. Texas will not. And - right, wrong or indifferent - that answers the question. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 2

I know Urban seems sleazy. I know. Other programs would do it. Texas will not.

I said it earlier but glass houses and shit. We fought to get a drug dealer on the team two years ago. We have a dude waiting indictment for, at a minimum, weapons charges. No telling what else has been able to be swept under the rug. We are just like every other program. We are shady as fuck but without the results.

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I know there's a buyout. I know Urban seems sleazy. I know. Other programs would do it. Texas will not. And - right, wrong or indifferent - that answers the question. 

Sling Blade has LSU sitting 11-0.   Urban can't be the only available coach capable of getting us to at least 10 wins.

Urban Is not going to be our head coach in 2020.  Whether any of us like it or not, Tom Herman will not be fired this year. There will be the staff changes, and that is it. If next year doesn’t live up to expectations then all bets are off as they should be. Then, if Urban is still available, we can lobby for his consideration as we are now. This thread may carry more relevance next fall.

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sling Blade has LSU sitting 11-0.   Urban can't be the only available coach capable of getting us to at least 10 wins.

Slingblade and LSU play by less stringent self imposed rules. Bring in Urban and let's get serious about winning as opposed to giving lip service. If we want to be the cute little athletic program in Texas that has nice uniforms and wants to sit on a hill of moral superiority and losses than fine but let's at least be honest about it.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Let’s see what happens when their offensive coordinator inevitably gets a HC job. Because I’m not convinced he’s a good coach at all. I like him as a character, but this season has been all about their new OC transforming their offense and getting the most out of a talented joe Burrow.

Also, just like the post earlier said, Texas should not be satisfied with 10 wins. Ever. If it happens, it happens, but we shouldn’t be pulling a fucking Sam ehlinger, saying “well if you look at this program over the last decade, the fans should be happy with 10 wins. Fuck that. We have way too many resources to not at the very least be in the big 12 championship every single year 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Texas puts out a few good QBs every few years and a few good skill guys like Dobbins but the offensive line recruits suck ass every single year and other than the occasional Ed Oliver or Ashawn Robinson the Dline sucks ass too. Can't build a title team with just skill players and a QB. Even the last two Heisman winners are looking bad (Mayfield) and just ok (Murray) in the NFL which combined with how well Hurts looks points to it being all Lincoln's abilities as an offensive coach. Hurts couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at Alabama and now looks like a Heisman contender too. 

So soft lines, a couple of skill guys here and there, and QBs if they play for Lincoln Reilly. Yeah, crazy fertile recruiting grounds. Urban would have to find a way to pay enough money to mama to import his lines from SEC and Big 10 country and no Texas coach has been able to do that the modern game. Either that or run his offense like Reilly and win the big 12 only to get exposed in the playoff

Go look at the last 20 years of draft classes from every NFL team, and then compare it to every other state. Then think about how unbelievably dumb that take is.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Slingblade and LSU play by less stringent self imposed rules. Bring in Urban and let's get serious about winning as opposed to giving lip service. If we want to be the cute little athletic program in Texas that has nice uniforms and wants to sit on a hill of moral superiority and losses than fine but let's at least be honest about it.

Also coach slingblade had the intelligence enough to make a fucking staff change when necessary and look at the results. Give me slingblade over Mensa.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Serious question to the board: why isn't FSU going after Urban? They are as desperate as any top tier program to find someone who can bring the program back up to the top and Urban has recruiting ties in the state.

Who knows if it’s true but Finebaum was saying he had a reliable source that said FSU was definitely interested but it was a hard no from Urban. Take it with a grain of salt, obviously.

24 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Who knows if it’s true but Finebaum was saying he had a reliable source that said FSU was definitely interested but it was a hard no from Urban. Take it with a grain of salt, obviously.

Is this due to some loyalty to UF? 

20 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I think I see a trend here.

Those advocating for Urban most likely go for it in life and have really hot wives.

Those again Urban just settle in life and have fat wives or live in mom's basement.

That will be $9.95.

I want Urban but my wife will be fat...

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How much talent does this team really have? Do you think we have the same level of talent as the top teams in the nation? I don't.

I think when they’re 18 year old true freshman first stepping foot on campus, we have as much talent as anyone in the nation outside of bama and Clemson. Our biggest problem, even dating back to the Mack brown days to a lesser extent, is developing that talent and holding players accountable for not doing everything they can possibly do to be successful. Maybe I’m off, but I highly doubt every recruiting site has it wrong. Just look at some of the busts that we’ve had and look at their other offers. Coaches around the country would kill for our raw talent. 

• Like 4

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I think when they’re 18 year old true freshman first stepping foot on campus, we have as much talent as anyone in the nation outside of bama and Clemson. Our biggest problem, even dating back to the Mack brown days to a lesser extent, is developing that talent and holding players accountable for not doing everything they can possibly do to be successful. Maybe I’m off, but I highly doubt every recruiting site has it wrong. Just look at some of the busts that we’ve had and look at their other offers. Coaches around the country would kill for our raw talent. 

you think coaches would kill for our oline recruiting?

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

you think coaches would kill for our oline recruiting?

I think when other coaches look at our recruiting classes, and the guys they offered but chose Texas, I think they laugh and think to themselves “well at least he’s going to Texas so his football dreams die and we don’t have to worry about them. Because If I had that type of recruiting class...”

Anyone questioning recruiting and the talent being brought in is either a fucking idiot or just now showing up to run their fucking know-it-all mouths because hey, they watch a game or two also, dammit.

Recruiting and evaluations haven’t been the problem under Herman. Of course morons like Junior Miller and Vic Mackey would be offering other takes. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic