Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

And what if the new head coach has agreed in principle but wants to wait to be announced until he gets his guys ready to go who have asked him to wait till their season is done? Where does that put CDC? 

It puts him on the clock...according to this and other threads, he is already on 114 of them, so what is one more?

1 hour ago, BuckeyeInSeattle said:

I thought there was 0% chance UM was going to take the job, but that interview is causing me to reconsider.

Here's the thing: he could have easily said "I'm open to taking the perfect job in the future, but where I'm right now is that it would impact my health too much, so I'm not going to be taking a job this year."  That would have relieved a lot of people of some anxiety and uncertainty-- OSU assistants that he might take with him, Herman, Herman's assistants, fans of both fanbases, family friends, etc.  

But that's not what he said.  He said nothing about this year.  He just made a general statement.  So now there's a lot of people whose lives would be impacted if he takes the job, who are going to need to twist in the wind a while longer.  And if he was truly decided on not taking a job this year due to his health, I don't see any reason in the world that he wouldn't just state clearly that it wasn't going to be this year.  He wouldn't need to mention Texas, or confirm that Texas contacted him, or anything.

So, I'm not sure if it was just imprecise phrasing on his part, or if he's playing games for ratings or to screw with Herman, or if he is still open to the idea of accepting the UT job this year.  It's sort of puzzling.

Here is the deal dude: Urban has accepted the job already. We are just on Urban's timeline and playbook here. He has a degree in psychology. This shit will work the way he wants it, and when mid-course correction is required, he will dictate what those corrections look like. That is why the 9.95ers don't know shit, 'cuz even if they asked a BMD, that milestone is already passed for CDC. He don't need to consult them again. Enjoy the ride, because we are just waiting to land the bull red into the boat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

It appears I missed the kolache debate. As someone who is part Czech and spent lots of time in Hallettsville and Sweet Home, I only knew them with fruit. Sausage rolls was what I said for the roll with a sausage in it. Since you guys asked...

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Interesting that you guys who are kind enough to educate everyone on the proper term both had to copy-and-paste it from elsewhere. These damn WYSIWYG editors kind of give you away.

I call em pig in a blankets, but if I am going to educate you illiterates on the Czech/bohemian culture I am going to make sure I get the spelling correct.

7 minutes ago, 90's_Horn said:

Found this board a week+ ago and haven’t had this much entertainment, well since the Saban to UT rumors way back when...let me add my unsolicited 2 cents worth.

- Not going to Bama...wins would always be tainted as riding Saban’s coat tails...

- ND, meh maybe, but don’t see Jelly leaving soon...

-UT...blue blood also....UM can return the stories program to prominence, become winningest coach, succeed where turtle Tom could not and UM would prove who the master is and allow him to give the ultimate FU to turtle tom 

- This PIC shows Gainesville, Columbus and Austin.......Gainesville and Austin are close enough to the same latitude to almost form a right triangle....triangles are viewed in some cultures as representing trinities....1 trinity a triangle is said to describe is Past, Present and Future....if you start with Gainesville you can figure the rest out and where it leads.

It’s happening ......Get your Horns up! 

You can make a triangle out of any 3 points that aren't all on a line. Are only right triangles trinities or not? I'd like to make sure we've got all our bases covered in the trinity department.

45 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Given that the thread has spun itself back into a frenzy, I might as well add to it.

One of the strangest things about his dance with Texas was the strong interest by both sides. Then all of a sudden he cooled, and quickly. We can argue whether it was two, three or one week ago, but at some point he backed off.

I’m wondering if he was contacted about another job he potentially wanted more, or at least wanted to explore, before giving a final answer to Texas. With the Saban retirement rumor, the Michigan situation, etc, maybe there’s another job he’s working in parallel.

I blame Mack Brown that fat fucking fraud

Found this board a week+ ago and haven’t had this much entertainment, well since the Saban to UT rumors way back when...let me add my unsolicited 2 cents worth.
- Not going to Bama...wins would always be tainted as riding Saban’s coat tails...
-UT...blue blood also....UM can return the stories program to prominence, become winningest coach, succeed where turtle Tom could not and UM would prove who the master is and allow him to give the ultimate FU to turtle tom 
- This PIC shows Gainesville, Columbus and Austin.......Gainesville and Austin are close enough to the same latitude to almost form a right triangle....triangles are viewed in some cultures as representing trinities....1 trinity a triangle is said to describe is Past, Present and Future....if you start with Gainesville you can figure the rest out and where it leads.

Jeez, finally someone posts some rock solid evidence.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Here is the deal dude: Urban has accepted the job already. We are just on Urban's timeline and playbook here. He has a degree in psychology. This shit will work the way he wants it, and when mid-course correction is required, he will dictate what those corrections look like. That is why the 9.95ers don't know shit, 'cuz even if they asked a BMD, that milestone is already passed for CDC. He don't need to consult them again. Enjoy the ride, because we are just waiting to land the bull red into the boat. 

I feel the night air.

12 minutes ago, 90's_Horn said:

Trinity Theory - Fact.

CoarseScholarlyGuillemot-size_restricted

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

I smell what TexMexBuddha is cookin'!

11 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

You can make a triangle out of any 3 points that aren't all on a line. Are only right triangles trinities or not? I'd like to make sure we've got all our bases covered in the trinity department.

Any triangles except obtuse.  Eff obtuse.

I'm half Czech and don't like fruit kolaches. Sue me. I'll eat the koblasniks (sausage or meat fully enclosed in the roll) or whatever you call them all day long. They call pigs-in-a-blanket "kolaches" in North Dallas. I call them Highland Park kolaches.

I’ll take what are empanadas for a $1000. Fruit filled or meat filled? I personally don’t give a shit, I celebrate their entire cornucopia of pallet pleasing awesomeness.
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Any 3 and you’re covered on the trinity front.....but I found extra proof in the fact that the past and the future are roughly at the same latitudes....just sayin 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

This is sounding more and more likely to me. I don't think he'd go to Michigan but ND/Bama definitely would be enticing to him. Bama would be plug and play but it sounds like the administration there is hanging its hat on Sark as the successor.

I just can’t see somebody like CUM going to Bama. Not because of anything Bama related but why would he just follow the only coach of this era that is considered superior to him. What’s the challenge in that? That move has micropenis energy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I just can’t see somebody like CUM going to Bama. Not because of anything Bama related but why would he just follow the only coach of this era that is considered superior to him. What’s the challenge in that? That move has micropenis energy. 

Yeah, I agree that winning at Bama would come with a huge asterisk next to it. Just made that comment from the talent perspective given that it seems talent/recruiting is what he values the most. 

38 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It appears I missed the kolache debate. As someone who is part Czech and spent lots of time in Hallettsville and Sweet Home, I only knew them with fruit. Sausage rolls was what I said for the roll with a sausage in it. Since you guys asked...

The Office Reaction GIF

I don’t know who they are because I haven’t bothered to do back and read the last few pages- But anyone who’s calling a freaking piece of meat stuck in a roll a “kolache” probably also gets their salsa from new york city (git a rope). Idoits, all of you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic