Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Certainly a possibility.
I will say, literally everything I have ever seen, heard, or read (mainly his book Above the Line) about the man leads me to believe that he would get started immediately and try to get Ewers in the fold.  The idea that he'd let Ewers go to Ohio State when he has a decent shot of getting him on his team is just not at all consistent with who I think he is.  He could take the job without taking any assistants with him, and just recruit before NSD1. 
I mean, how much do you really want a coach that has so little dedication to your program that he'll let one of the highest rated QBs in recruiting services history go to Ohio State, because he likes them or cares about his legacy or whatever?  If a coach was trying to pull that bullshit when getting hired by OSU, I would be deeply unhappy.
Because Ewers doesn't sign until next year, and Urban is supremely confident that he will still have a shot? First things first is doing a Ricky and recruiting the QB you got that could be a fifth year starter for you.

39 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

RIGHT. Damn Cali transplants and Yankees. 
#dontcaliupmytexas

Born and raised in Texas.  Spent four of the best years of my life on the 40.  Having lived significant portions of my life in both states, I’ll say this... Texas could use a little more California and California could use a little more Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Born and raised in Texas.  Spent four of the best years of my life on the 40.  Having lived significant portions of my life in both states, I’ll say this... Texas could use a little more California and California could use a little more Texas.  

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GringoSalado said:

It doesn't. No self respecting Mexican puts beans in their chile.

I just read those as alternative versions of chili, I did not infer a connection between chili verde, and beans-in-chili.

Chile verde is typically kind of a pork stew made with green chiles and tomatillos.  No beans, in my experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, I think we could seal the deal if we just promised to shield him from all of the extracurricular bullshit that comes with Texas that would contribute to burnout and lack of family time, ask him to do 30 minutes on LHN per week that he doesn't have to prepare for, and let the guy just coach football. What a concept I know, but the BMDs don't need to be sucked off in the Longhorn Club by our head coach twice per month. That is what Pom is for. 

CUM was probably all in then CDC had to introduce him to Lowell and explained how much time they would be spending together and the deal was killed. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

DONT-CALIFORNIA-MY-TEXAS_1800x1800.jpg?v

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

This has probably been discussed in the last 550 pages but where can we even build these practice facilities someone like Urban would demand? The bubble and field is definitely way behind the competition.

Not sure a modern facility and fields would fit in the current spot

18 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:
2 hours ago, BuckeyeInSeattle said:
Certainly a possibility.
I will say, literally everything I have ever seen, heard, or read (mainly his book Above the Line) about the man leads me to believe that he would get started immediately and try to get Ewers in the fold.  The idea that he'd let Ewers go to Ohio State when he has a decent shot of getting him on his team is just not at all consistent with who I think he is.  He could take the job without taking any assistants with him, and just recruit before NSD1. 
I mean, how much do you really want a coach that has so little dedication to your program that he'll let one of the highest rated QBs in recruiting services history go to Ohio State, because he likes them or cares about his legacy or whatever?  If a coach was trying to pull that bullshit when getting hired by OSU, I would be deeply unhappy.

Because Ewers doesn't sign until next year, and Urban is supremely confident that he will still have a shot? First things first is doing a Ricky and recruiting the QB you got that could be a fifth year starter for you.

You know what?  I'm a moron.  I lost track of the fact that Ewers was a next year recruit.

Mea culpa.  Mea maxima culpa.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

Dayshift got the Kansas game canceled and got Urban to get excite on Colin's show.  Really their best performance in a couple of weeks.

And relatively few lameass negative posts from futureman and all the other Debbie Daycrews, so a decent day for them.

But now it's time for the night crew to get really funky.

I have a full case of Live Oak Treehugger, half a liver, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses.  Hit it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

This has probably been discussed in the last 550 pages but where can we even build these practice facilities someone like Urban would demand? The bubble and field is definitely way behind the competition.

Dig a big hole and make the indoor field underground.  You put the outdoor fields on the roof of the subterranean facility.

53 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Night crew in.

No more McRibs.  Hell no more McAnything.  McWilliams, Mackovic & Mack Brown.  Enough Mc’s and Mack’s.  Time to move forward.

Hot dogs from here on out.

Going to have to disagree with ya here, cuz this man would figure out a way to get Urbs to Austin...

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

And here they are - the fucking circlejerking, pretentious food clowns who can't accept what's been indoctrinated into common vernacular in Texas regarding what a kolache is. I'm guessing you guys all also take a hearty amount of pride in correcting millennial dipshits when they misuse "literally", correct anyone when they use "can" instead of "may", and are ardent supporters of the handlebar-moustached bartender movement to didactically correct anyone who deins to show up at a bar and order a vodka martini because of what constituted a martini in the strictest since roughly 80 years ago. Congrats on your pedantry, day crew.

Meanwhile, there are numerous fucking shops selling kolaches with sausage, brisket, boudin, ham, cheese and sundry other savory items throughout the state, and calling them that. "Well I'd never order a 'kolache' from Shipley's or the Kolache Shoppe. Pfffft. I'd never stoop to such levels, sir. I happen to travel out to Rosenberg or Columbus when I crave a proper klobisnicky, as they're known by the pure Czech epicurean connoisseurs, and I look down on the rest of you heathens the entire 90 minute drive there, and as I rush the 90 minutes back before blowing out my asshole on my curated Japanese toilet." Good for you guys. I'm sure y'all are all a blast at parties.

Also, getting some pretty definitive statements from places that Urban Meyer is more or less just working to destroy Herman's career and isn't incredibly interested in the Texas job after hearing about the "complications" at length from a former beloved, sweet, magnanimous HC at Texas who'd never, ever worry about anyone else impacting his legacy from his time at Texas.

Quality rant until the end. 

Mack Brown might be the biggest cunt on the gatdamned planet

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Also, getting some pretty definitive statements from places that Urban Meyer is more or less just working to destroy Herman's career and isn't incredibly interested in the Texas job after hearing about the "complications" at length from a former beloved, sweet, magnanimous HC at Texas who'd never, ever worry about anyone else impacting his legacy from his time at Texas.

It makes way too much sense for this to be going on. He's going to fiddlefart around and not say yes or no just to ruin Herman. 

XSFO.gif

Nice job daycrew. 

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The new SpaceX Aerospace and Athletic Underground Training facility. 

IMG_6829.jpg

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

It makes way too much sense for this to be going on. He's going to fiddlefart around and not say yes or no just to ruin Herman. 

XSFO.gif

When Urban comes here, the Mack Brown curse will be lifted and forced onto the next team that hires Herman.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrBig said:

When Urban comes here, the Mack Brown curse will be lifted and forced onto the next team that hires Herman.

To be fair, Barton basically confirmed what CTJ said about Mack advising him not to take the job. Said he'd spoken with someone "interesting" on their opinion re: the program and working with the administration. Needless to say, Mack probably did not have glowing remarks. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic