Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Kiffin recalls ticking off Urban Meyer

By John Brice -     December 9, 2020

Lane Kiffin has first-hand perspective on the upcoming Alabama-Florida Southeastern Conference Championship game.

Kiffin’s Ole Miss team, in his first season atop the Rebels’ program, opened with Florida at home in Oxford, Mississippi, and two weeks later hosted Alabama in Kiffin’s first meeting against his former boss, Nick Saban.  The Rebels scored a combined 83 points; they still lost by a combined 31 points. The top-ranked Tide will face the No. 6 Gators Dec. 19 at Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta.

Kiffin on Wednesday’s SEC coaches’ teleconference offered his thoughts about the matchup – and brought up a funny old memory of a previous Alabama-Florida SEC title clash that was a rematch between Nick Saban’s Alabama squad and Urban Meyer’s Tim Tebow-led Gators squad.  

“I guess we’re probably on like an 11- or 12-year anniversary and I remember this game when I was at Tennessee and did College GameDay and picked the game,” Kiffin said of the 2009 SEC Championship. “I think Coach Meyer got mad at me because I picked Alabama.

“I said Florida had better players and Alabama had better coaches. I don’t say that stuff anymore.”

Kiffin didn’t make a pick, but he said he has yet to see anyone slow down the high-scoring Crimson Tide offense.  “Two great teams, two quarterbacks (Alabama’s Mac Jones, Florida’s Kyle Trask) playing at an elite level,” Kiffin said. “I think it’s going to be a really good game. Alabama’s so hot right now, even with losing a really good receiver, nobody can stop them. Be a great game.”

https://footballscoop.com/news/kiffin-recalls-ticking-off-urban-meyer/

Quinn had been telling ppl at south lake he was gonna de commit for weeks before he actually did rap game Larry just jumped on a scoop ppl were to afraid to jump on. I still think he's right about urban but a lot of ppl have been saying it's destined for 6 months at least. 

4 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Sorry dudettes and dudes. This one is mine.

we should mira ice cream cone her tonight and keep her image on the current page.  fucking mcribs, bbq, kendra scott, burgers, time to up our game.  keep hot surfer chick the subject of conversation and keep her on the current page.  day shifters won't know what happen when they return.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, xfltalk said:

Is there a thread for only ppl serious about finding shit like this derp guy idgaf about tacos or whatever 

are you serious?

this is it, the thread is more like a chat right now because there isn't anything happening on the UM front and it stalled, was a no, or whatever. there is nothing we're getting out of this except who the fuck knows until it happens.  this is us not taking it so seriously after we went all in before.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

i, too, have a confession or two...

I haven’t had a McRib in 50+ years. 
I haven’t had McDonalds in 30+ years.(I take that back, I tried their oatmeal two years ago- wasn’t bad.

Everything else there is pure shit.

I SAID WHAT I SAID BITCH.

McRibs are fake meat which matches up perfectly with our current and hopefully soon  former fake head coach. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And here they are - the fucking circlejerking, pretentious food clowns who can't accept what's been indoctrinated into common vernacular in Texas regarding what a kolache is. I'm guessing you guys all also take a hearty amount of pride in correcting millennial dipshits when they misuse "literally", correct anyone when they use "can" instead of "may", and are ardent supporters of the handlebar-moustached bartender movement to didactically correct anyone who deins to show up at a bar and order a vodka martini because of what constituted a martini in the strictest since roughly 80 years ago. Congrats on your pedantry, day crew.

Meanwhile, there are numerous fucking shops selling kolaches with sausage, brisket, boudin, ham, cheese and sundry other savory items throughout the state, and calling them that. "Well I'd never order a 'kolache' from Shipley's or the Kolache Shoppe. Pfffft. I'd never stoop to such levels, sir. I happen to travel out to Rosenberg or Columbus when I crave a proper klobisnicky, as they're known by the pure Czech epicurean connoisseurs, and I look down on the rest of you heathens the entire 90 minute drive there, and as I rush the 90 minutes back before blowing out my asshole on my curated Japanese toilet." Good for you guys. I'm sure y'all are all a blast at parties.

Also, getting some pretty definitive statements from places that Urban Meyer is more or less just working to destroy Herman's career and isn't incredibly interested in the Texas job after hearing about the "complications" at length from a former beloved, sweet, magnanimous HC at Texas who'd never, ever worry about anyone else impacting his legacy from his time at Texas.

If Urban is trying to destroy Herman.....the simple thing to do is say he isn't interested and let the process move forward.

As for your other comments....you pronounce Mexia with an X sound don't you?  And you probably call the Rio Grande the Rio Grandy....and like I said you call Bill Millers good BBQ.

I'm not a food snob but I am going to defend my culture against the unwashed hordes that think "Kolachy Factory" is anything other than piss.

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

If Urban is trying to destroy Herman.....the simple thing to do is say he isn't interested and let the process move forward.

As for your other comments....you pronounce Mexia with an X sound don't you?  And you probably call the Rio Grande the Rio Grandy....and like I said you call Bill Millers good BBQ.

I'm not a food snob but I am going to defend my culture against the unwashed hordes that think "Kolachy Factory" is anything other than piss.

How would anybody know that though? Not like UM would say "you know, I'm just string them along to f-over Therman." 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I just can’t see somebody like CUM going to Bama. Not because of anything Bama related but why would he just follow the only coach of this era that is considered superior to him. What’s the challenge in that? That move has micropenis energy. 

Jimbo to Bama confirmed 

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

but their breakfast tacos.  and it reminds me of the song "South Texas Girl" by Lyle Lovett.  sings about how to pronounce several towns like Palacios and Refugio, "pronounce it Refugio, city folk they don't know"

Can the politics and bmds really be worse at Texas than Ohio state?  I mean osu is the only game going in that state. I'm sure he is more than comfortable handling the bullshit. 

And if note dame is his dream job thats a whole other level of shit to deal with. 

No way Mack whining about being a pussy would have any effect at all 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Say what you will about Larry, he does have a really oddly accurate track record.

He called Ewers decommitting before it happened and said he'd go to osu.

He said without question that Tom would not give his Monday press conference and that Kansas would be cancelled.

He didn't say maybe like a 9.95er, he said all of these things would happen and they did.

His most notable miss was that Herman would be fired and Drayton named interim following osu, but he did say that information was assuming we would lose the game like everyone expected us to.

Maybe he's just incredibly lucky, but I'm inclined to think he actually has a source. Only question is if his source is just wrong on Meyer.

One thing I’ve learned in life, say something with confidence and people will believe you.

12 minutes ago, xfltalk said:

Is there a thread for only ppl serious about finding shit like this derp guy idgaf about tacos or whatever 

you need to be spending 9.95.  they know everything and will tell you what you want to hear.  not sure if they talk XFL though

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, xfltalk said:

As Troph alluded to, when there's stuff to consider and investigate, the thread gets back on track pretty quickly. If you don't want to read the other stuff, just scroll through and look for posts with a few upvotes to make sure you didn't kiss anything.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I like that the, sock?, Troll?, came to Surly and asking where the serious discussion without all the jibba jabba around is located.

Um... Yeah.. you may be in the wrong place.

true though in hindsight I could have pointed him to cloak room.  he could probably fit in there.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

What is it with everyone worried about Urban and ND? Is Kelly public ally showing interest for the NFL? He has a talented roster with no conference affiliation (2020 excluded).

Nobody in here at this time of night is worried about it, brah. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, troph said:

we should mira ice cream cone her tonight and keep her image on the current page.  fucking mcribs, bbq, kendra scott, burgers, time to up our game.  keep hot surfer chick the subject of conversation and keep her on the current page.  day shifters won't know what happen when they return.

Eh I looked her up. She's not bad but we should keep looking. This thread could probably use a different mascot though besides Kate.

Edited by Bevo14

49 minutes ago, troph said:

Mack didn't work with CDC or Hartzell and Jamail is dead.  UM - if he really was interested - would know for those two reasons - and others - all BMD behind this move, his experience with tOSU and FLA, as well as knowing Mack was fired would cause him to pause and consider the source and the times.  I'm sure he's concerned about Texas politics, he should be, they suck, it's why Texas has shit the bed so often.  But to walk because of Mack?  That's funny.  And Mack should shut the fuck up, he will be a hall of fame coach because of Texas and VY.

thats because @closetojumping is a fooking opp/liar who reads 995 sites & spins it into his own words to trick u gullible old yt people into thinking he has info

urban didnt even talk to mack or any person from macks era

the interesting person was an ex coach at osu/texas that everyone here knows 🐺🐺🐺

stop believing that opp  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, troph said:

Mack didn't work with CDC or Hartzell and Jamail is dead.  UM - if he really was interested - would know for those two reasons - and others - all BMD behind this move, his experience with tOSU and FLA, as well as knowing Mack was fired would cause him to pause and consider the source and the times.  I'm sure he's concerned about Texas politics, he should be, they suck, it's why Texas has shit the bed so often.  But to walk because of Mack?  That's funny.  And Mack should shut the fuck up, he will be a hall of fame coach because of Texas and VY.

You above all people here should know how negotiations with a mercurial buyer or seller work. It’s never any one thing, but there is always some combo of things stacking up that can sabotage the deal, and avoiding that is how a deal can wrap. 

18 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and grew up in a predominantly hispanic neighborhood. But hey, you can work with whatever image you’d like in order to make yourself feel better regarding about how I or anyone else pronounce shit. 

That considered, the premise that calling people here who disagree with you about kolaches a bunch of know-nothing yankees is so tedious that it isn’t even worth rebutting. 

BBQ is another one that a lot of you dipshits revel in getting pompous over, while you simultaneously want to claim how down home and folksy you are. Franklins is great, sure. So is Pinkerton’s in Houston. They’re also great with the BBQ sauce they offer. Gasp!! Yep. Get over yourself. The worst BBQ I ever had was so good I couldn’t stand it, but whatever.

Also, Bill Miller makes great fucking breakfast tacos. But feel free to now expound upon how there is only like one great breakfast taco place and it’s the one that you like. It feels inevitable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

...to didactically correct anyone who deins to show up at a bar and order a vodka martini because of what constituted a martini in the strictest since roughly 80 years ago.

i'm quite intrigued by this statement bc i don't know what it means

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Mack should probably concentrate on withstanding the surge other teams throw at his vaunted Tarheels, and try not to let Clemson relegate him to second fiddle bitch likes OU and FSU did at his other stops on the buttertooth bus tour.

Was this supposed to be poetry? Because it is.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

thats because @closetojumping is a fooking opp/liar who reads 995 sites & spins it into his own words to trick u gullible old yt people into thinking he has info

the interesting person was an ex coach at osu/texas that everyone here knows 🐺🐺🐺

stop believing that opp  

What'd my man Tim Beck have to say?

5 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

stop believing that opp  

I don't think you know shit.  But yes, I'm sure he's spoken to Stan

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You above all people here should know how negotiations with a mercurial buyer or seller work. It’s never any one thing, but there is always some combo of things stacking up that can sabotage the deal, and avoiding that is how a deal can wrap. 

I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and grew up in a predominantly hispanic neighborhood. But hey, you can work with whatever image you’d like in order to make yourself feel better regarding about how I or anyone else pronounce shit. 

That considered, the premise that calling people here who disagree with you about kolaches a bunch of know-nothing yankees is so tedious that it isn’t even worth rebutting. 

BBQ is another one that a lot of you dipshits revel in getting pompous over, while you simultaneously want to claim how down home and folksy you are. Franklins is great, sure. So is Pinkerton’s in Houston. They’re also great with the BBQ sauce they offer. Gasp!! Yep. Get over yourself. The worst BBQ I ever had was so good I couldn’t stand it, but whatever.

Also, Bill Miller makes great fucking breakfast tacos. But feel free to now expound upon how there is only like one great breakfast taco place and it’s the one that you like. It feels inevitable. 

Goddamnit, now I want breakfast tacos

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I never called anyone a yankee.  They just don't know any better.  Yeah Franklin's is good but I agree there are plenty of good BBQ joints that don't require you to stand in line to eat.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

What is it with everyone worried about Urban and ND? Is Kelly publicly showing interest for the NFL? He has a talented roster with no conference affiliation (2020 excluded).

I dont know that anyone is worried about it. I just think it is one job no one else could compete with. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic