Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

feel free to now expound upon how there is only like one great breakfast taco place

Elva's (RIP) in Corpus Christi and, now, Nano's Taco Run. Health code violations galore.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm quite intrigued by this statement bc i don't know what it means

Means the person sitting at the bar would say something like, "A real martini is gin, not vodka, and you put some vermouth on ice, stir the ice, then pour off the vermouth, and pour in gin, stir the ice and serve."

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, Bill Miller makes great fucking breakfast tacos. But feel free to now expound upon how there is only like one great breakfast taco place and it’s the one that you like. It feels inevitable. 

yep, when I visit my brother and mother in Austin, I grab the brisket tacos for breakfast every day during my stay..  Ben White location is the tits

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If this is true, of course Fuck Mack for the thousandth time, but also fuck cdc for not anticipating negative stories from that era coming out and getting out ahead of them to convince Urban that adults are running the show now.

Well, if Urban's goal was to get Herman fired he's doing a shitty job. Fucker is still here somehow. 

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

What about those who are working doubles?

Ultimately everyone has an allegiance.  You can't be a slave to two masters, you'll love one and hate the other, or you'll be devoted to one and despise the other.  I spend a bit of time on the day shift, but the night shift is my home

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

i dont know ish? bruh u better check history i am not a fake insider like @closetojumping

i knew about the team covid & practice cancelation before anyone  

i messaged someone about it they can vouch  

How about you're both insiders and we should get back to the business of getting Urban here and discussing random food preferences.

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You above all people here should know how negotiations with a mercurial buyer or seller work. It’s never any one thing, but there is always some combo of things stacking up that can sabotage the deal, and avoiding that is how a deal can wrap. 

I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and grew up in a predominantly hispanic neighborhood. But hey, you can work with whatever image you’d like in order to make yourself feel better regarding about how I or anyone else pronounce shit. 

That considered, the premise that calling people here who disagree with you about kolaches a bunch of know-nothing yankees is so tedious that it isn’t even worth rebutting. 

BBQ is another one that a lot of you dipshits revel in getting pompous over, while you simultaneously want to claim how down home and folksy you are. Franklins is great, sure. So is Pinkerton’s in Houston. They’re also great with the BBQ sauce they offer. Gasp!! Yep. Get over yourself. The worst BBQ I ever had was so good I couldn’t stand it, but whatever.

Also, Bill Miller makes great fucking breakfast tacos. But feel free to now expound upon how there is only like one great breakfast taco place and it’s the one that you like. It feels inevitable. 

Yeah I get that it’s a combination of things and BMD politics IS a reason to turn down Texas - but how much different is it than tOSU? Or FLA? And my primary comment was about the frustration that CDC and Hartzel didn’t get out in front.  If they needed to they did.  That’s my point.  And you can get out in front and increase your odds that your first impression on the issue wins the day but you still can lose. And UM knows to take Mack with a grain of salt.  There are an easy half dozen reasons to turn down Texas and BMDs and the associated nonsense is in the top 5.  My only point is if UM was worried about BMD it wasn’t because CDC failed to frame the issue - it’s because it’s a real issue. 

as for tacos and bbq and where people grow up, and how you say shit, I agree.  

Edited by troph

I grew up in the land of kolaches.  All of you are wrong.  Kolaches have a fruit filling, anything with meat is a pig in the blanket.  Fight me.

We don’t respect words here, apparently. Anyway, gotta go eat. Just finished grilling some apple fritters errr hamburgers/whatever the fuck you people who do language things call them.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I grew up in the land of kolaches.  All of you are wrong.  Kolaches have a fruit filling, anything with meat is a pig in the blanket.  Fight me.

Wait...pigs in a blanket are for whores. Get out of here with that nonsense. 

Boo You Whore Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

Edited by ChickenSandwich

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can't y'all see that this kolache talk is tearing us apart? Urban is never coming to a program whose fanbase can't even agree on the nomenclature of a God damned central European pastry.

I warned them last night. Need to transition to Czech women.  

And they are pigs in the blanket for the rest of America outside of Bohemian enclaves. Damm good pigs in a blanket. 

If it has red juice running out of it, we call that "squashed pigs in a blanket." 

Edited by washparkhorn

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

yep, when I visit my brother and mother in Austin, I grab the brisket tacos for breakfast every day during my stay..  Ben White location is the tits

Ben white is my go to for sure. Don’t like the brisket on it I mean not so good brisket.

So Urban Meyer still hasn’t said “nah.” Tom Herman is still the corch. Mack Brown’s a bitch. You can spell other things with the letters in “Rap Game Larry.” A BBQ chain has good breakfast tacos. I nearly burned myself to deaths grilling these burgers like this on my WSM. aa31538e99456ab7d0a2809810943762.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, xfltalk said:

Is there a thread for only ppl serious about finding shit like this derp guy idgaf about tacos or whatever 

Maybe you actually are derp using a new account after CTJ PMed you saying that you were too close to something and that if you didn’t let it go you were going to end up in that fister guys Only Fans video...

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah I get that it’s a combination of things and BMD politics IS a reason to turn down Texas - but how much different is it than tOSU? Or FLA? And my primary comment was about the frustration that CDC and Hartzel didn’t get out in front.  If they needed to they did.  That’s my point.  And you can get out in front and increase your odds that your first impression on the issue wins the day but you still can lose. And UM knows to take Mack with a grain of salt.  There are an easy half dozen reasons to turn down Texas and BMDs and the associated nonsense is in the top 5.  My only point is if UM was worried about BMD it wasn’t because CDC failed to frame the issue - it’s because it’s a real issue. 

as for tacos and bbq and where people grow up, and how you say shit, you really think the girl who chose to be a girl who now gets told to be quiet for no other reason than she’s a woman doesn’t get that crap? Whatever like what you like, eat what you want, be who you want to be.  Really not sure why you’re coming at me. I had only one thing to say - if BMD was his reason to bail on us, it’s a legit reason and it wasn’t because CDC failed to frame the issue out of the gate. 

I think you misconstrued what I wrote. My first paragraph was to you, but the rest was after quoting Texas Renegade and mocking his ilk, not you. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

I think you misconstrued what I wrote. My first paragraph was to you, but the rest was after quoting Texas Renegade and mocking his ilk, not you. 

Yes I figured that out and deleted my “I’m almost out of wine come at me bro rant”.

I don’t think we really disagree. 

4 minutes ago, troph said:

New York style greasy foldable pizza, Caesar salad and a Francophile’s choice of Bordeaux here. Because the night shift fucks, or at least I do!! 

Wish I had more rep to give out...I commend you, sir. 

DevotedLazyArmyworm-max-1mb.gif

Edited by PDX_Horn
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic