Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, austintx said:

I've got two conspiracy theory ideas:

1) We needed to fire Tom and have a publicly available job for a little while

2) Urban wanted us to put the word out we were hiring Sark to maybe fuck up the Alabama players a little bit

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Why can’t texas do anything right? You fired Herman then go radio silent on the new hire? If it’s a process then come out and say that. If you have another coach hired then announce him or give a definite time you are announcing the new hire. You again have let reporters and twitter create the narrative of your program rather than controlling the narrative yourself. JFC. 

Oh look, Rockethorn1978 is crying about stuff that doesn't actually matter. How surprising. 

BUT WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK OF US?!?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's been three god damn hours for fucks sake.  Take a god damn ritalin and don't be such an impatient fuck.  If we are shitting on ourselves a week from now have at it...

3 hours too long. When a school fires a coach they say “we are now starting the process of looking or we hired this firm”. If you already know who it is like they are saying then announce him. You don’t just put out he’s gone with nothing else said not even a time for a PC. But you’re right they are knocking this out of the park.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

3 hours too long. When a school fires a coach they say “we are now starting the process of looking or we hired this firm”. If you already know who it is like they are saying then announce him. You don’t just put out he’s gone with nothing else said not even a time for a PC. But you’re right they are knocking this out of the park.

You're a moron and not worth the time...get lost dipshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh look, Rockethorn1978 is crying about stuff that doesn't actually matter. How surprising. 

BUT WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK OF US?!?

The national narrative of your program does matter. Oh look huckleberry is here to set everyone straight. Got a badass over here get out of the way!

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Their apparent hire is busy with his current job. They can't really do anything until January 12.

9 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I want Urban at Texas. Other than that I couldn't care less. But, Futureman has been incessant with his postings and I was just wondering if he's willing to go through with his bet if he should be wrong.

Of course he won't.  We all know that.  He's a troll.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

I've got two conspiracy theory ideas:
1) We needed to fire Tom and have a publicly available job for a little while
2) Urban wanted us to put the word out we were hiring Sark to maybe fuck up the Alabama players a little bit

I'm all in on #1 until we see an announcement from the University of Texas. The timing is just too perfect.

23 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m a man of my word. but when urban doesn’t come to UT all the cowards here (>99% of the posters) will retreat into the shadows instead of giving me the credit I deserve for breaking the truth of the story months before even the most high profile media members knew what was going on.

I am the top insider here. period. get over it. 

Urban won't get his national championship bonus unless he is still on the payroll at osu....so, we will just have to wait a few more days to see how that game comes out.

4 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

No this guys theory is:

Urban looked under the hood at state of recruiting and decided we weren’t ready.   Part of his agreement is we hire Sark who gets Tosh and others to stack talent while Urban gives the NFL a try at Jacksonville for a few years.   Bonus is it screws with Bama and derails Sabans final MNC season.  
Once Sark gets the roster and recruiting in order and Urban can’t take all the losing in the NFL, he slides into the perfect scenario at UT in 2023.  

This puts him on a similar but better trajectory than Saban and he enjoys a multi year run at the very top, wins 4 MNCs in 5 years and leaves Saban in his dust as the GOAT.

Urban 2023, it’s happening!!!

Urban 2023, it’s happening!!!

3 minutes ago, Lojo Horn said:

The fact that Herman’s firing remained quiet absent a poster on IT is remarkable and I’m still curious if Sark’s name was floated to out FCB’s source at Bellmont.

I play checkers but the lack of any info is refreshing

No one here was saying anything was done yesterday, except for @Nicole44's news that the buyout had been collected. 

The IT poster speculation seemed to come out around the same time.

Night crew energy here, all in on the Urban train.

6 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

I just climbed out from under my rock and read that we fired turtle Tom and are looking at bringing in Sark? The same Sark that is 47-35 as a head coach at 2 pretty good programs. Please tell me this is a fucking joke. 

Its probably best that you go back under your rock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

I just climbed out from under my rock and read that we fired turtle Tom and are looking at bringing in Sark? The same Sark that is 47-35 as a head coach at 2 pretty good programs. Please tell me this is a fucking joke. 

You might want to check how that first pretty good program was doing the few years before Sark took over.

35 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You think part of the plan was to make your school look like a joke? Or are you saying they are doing this on purpose(which I doubt) then announce a meh hire in sark in the end?

No, not at all. 

One, just because we fire a coach and do not immediately make a statement does not mean we look like a joke. 

What I am speculating is that it might (however slight) be part of a bigger plan. That plan could be one of many things, but note that the original “source” for Sark talk was FCB. Has he had anything credible in this at all? That report said we were also “targeting” Sark, not that he had been hired or even accepted. 

Add to that a few random leaks that Sark didn’t accept/turned down, and now you have a window for conspiracy. 

What could that be?

Pot shot at Saban for 13’s circus?

Scripted leak to fuck with Saban because we were directed to do so by the real coach to be announced?

Who knows, but many things are possible and your assumption of looking a fool at this point is more misdirected emotion than actual public (not message board) perception.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The idea that CDC woke up on a Saturday morning and unilaterally fired the head football coach of the University of Texas is probably the most retarded thing posted on this board...that includes a voluminous amount of Cloak Room posts

Yep. Waited for months just to decide that today was the perfect Saturday to do so. JFC

2 minutes ago, FriendofaFriend said:

If this is true, Hartzel should do the same

There is zero chance CDC jumped the gun.  He didn't write that press release.  The people in the University's Marketing/PR department did.  It had to go through approval of a process that included lawyers double checking to make sure there was nothing in it that could bring about litigation.  There's no way that process excluded the top layers of the administration.  Nobody jumped any guns.  It looks like a clown show because WE don't know what's going on and THEY want it that way.  Make no mistake, neither CDC or the administration is concerned with the views and opinions of the average alumni or fan.  If you don't donate 6 figures or more annually, you're gonna sit this one out.  Just like they never released anything other than basic illustrations of the designs of both the DKR expansion and The Moody Center prior to beginning the construction.  The less you know, the better it is for them.  By the time problems arise (if they do) and someone will need to fall on a sword, they will either be gone or on their way out anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1