Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If it’s any consolation I have a very good friend who knows Sark very well and really likes him and thinks he will do well at Texas. I respect this guy’s opinion. He’s very sharp. 

I have two friends at Bama. One is Saban’s longest tenured person in his inner circle, which should be obvious to figure out. They like Sark fine. They also say he hasn’t exactly been living the narrative fed to the media. Also, his heart surgery in July was brought on by cocaine heart, apparently. They think he’s a great football guy and such, but there’s a lot to worry about with the hire. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I have two friends at Bama. One is Saban’s longest tenured person in his inner circle, which should be obvious to figure out. They like Sark fine. They also say he hasn’t exactly been living the narrative fed to the media. Also, his heart surgery in July was brought on by cocaine heart, apparently. They think he’s a great football guy and such, but there’s a lot to worry about with the hire. 

Will Sark initiate dirty recruiting?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

I’m here to take my medicine and answer to anything I posted in the past. I believed UM was in play until I saw the tweet from the main UT account. I was wrong and I’m willing to take lumps from anyone over the matter. 

start a new thread titled "the caddox CUM apology thread" and provide some evidence, any evidence, other than your word, that you didn't invent everything you posted in this thread.

that, or get someone on here known to other here IRL, to give you an IRL vouch.

if you were making up your deer blind communiques, you caused a tremendous amount of wasted time and energy and you have to own that.

either apologize for lying, and explain why you lied, or provide some proof, any proof, that your deer blind insider is a real person.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So we hear he was throughly vetted.  I guess they forgot to talk to your friends.  

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Acute cocaine use or something from chronic abuse? Both can be a thing and one doesn’t necessarily mean he’s used recently. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

42 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Sounds like Urban’s goal was to fuck Herman...

So, Urbs was on the good guys side.  He just wasn't willing to put himself in there 100% to show how it can be done.  I am just thrilled we are almost certainly never hiring anybody from the UM coaching tree again.  Exception for Chris Ash, only because of his success this year?  

Is he really going to the pros?  He's crazy.  He will come crawling back to the college ranks in less than 3 years, imo. 

Someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone at bama so take that FWIW, said he has shown up drunk to practice at bama.

I Didn’t believe it because no way saban would’ve allowed it and no way Texas would’ve hired him without doing some serious vetting. But Who knows now.
  • Fuck You 1

48 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Then after the OU game, my text thread lit up like a Christmas tree and the talk was big about blah blah we don’t have to do this anymore we can just hire UM. 

Throughout the rest of the season UM was communicating with us about the job. Fast forward to the K State game, and that text thread starts celebrating about UM. Then a whole bunch of peripheral UT people got all excited about UM. That’s when I told this thread that I was “all in”.

screenswipe those texts, download to your computer, use paint to black out names and numbers, and post in your apology thread

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It wouldn't be a good look if Urban turned us down and then takes the Jags job. 

https://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2925120-urban-meyer-reportedly-expects-to-replace-doug-marrone-as-jaguars-head-coach

His health reasons have always been, at least to me, bullshit (he can deal with it and.coach) Once the Jags locked the first pick and they opened the GM job, no chance for us imo. 

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

I’m here to take my medicine and answer to anything I posted in the past. I believed UM was in play until I saw the tweet from the main UT account. I was wrong and I’m willing to take lumps from anyone over the matter. 

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

start a new thread titled "the caddox CUM apology thread" and provide some evidence, any evidence, other than your word, that you didn't invent everything you posted in this thread.

that, or get someone on here known to other here IRL, to give you an IRL vouch.

if you were making up your deer blind communiques, you caused a tremendous amount of wasted time and energy and you have to own that.

either apologize for lying, and explain why you lied, or provide some proof, any proof, that your deer blind insider is a real person.

3 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Hope we don't need this thread again any time soon.  It's been fun.

In before re-lock. 

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It wouldn't be a good look if Urban turned us down and then takes the Jags job. 

https://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2925120-urban-meyer-reportedly-expects-to-replace-doug-marrone-as-jaguars-head-coach

Seems very reasonable that Urban would take an NFL job over Texas. The top nfl coaches salaried are higher than Top college coaches. I suspect Herman would be paid the same or better at the nfl level than UT. I could see him saying I have won 2 championships at 2 different colleges. I want to test my self at the highest level of the game in the NFL. Hell maybe they throw in a GM tag too.  

if I am guessing, it is most likely he was coming to Texas until the NFL called. It explains the UT confidence and then the sudden reversal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Did they know in early December that Herman was definitely getting fired? I picked that up on the Texas side so I never sweated Herman staying like many did. 

I really think it was OU. I think everyone on our side felt like we shouldve won the conference this year. Once we limped out of the gate with Tech everyone knew we were in for trouble. Then we lose to TCU. Then we cant get it done against OU. Thats when the Meyer stuff really heated up. 

45 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

So we hear he was throughly vetted.  I guess they forgot to talk to your friends.  

Any time someone is hired in a big role, he/she is always “thoroughly vetted” and that is usually meaningless. 

43 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Acute cocaine use or something from chronic abuse? Both can be a thing and one doesn’t necessarily mean he’s used recently. 

No clue. 

39 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone at bama so take that FWIW, said he has shown up drunk to practice at bama.

I Didn’t believe it because no way saban would’ve allowed it and no way Texas would’ve hired him without doing some serious vetting. But Who knows now.

34 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Agree...most of the stuff shared via this “friend of a friend” stuff is bullshit. Let’s see how the guy does and hope he is true in his recovery. If he is, cool. If not, we fucking fire him and move on. 

I provided details on who I talked to and didn’t reference a third level. Not only that, I have provided info that has shown itself to be correct repeatedly over the years and even in this thread, including Herman being gone in every take and Del Conte’s weak vote of confidence coming and also being meaningless. So fuck off on the “friend of a friend” bullshit. You can believe what you wish, but I literally gave you details verifiable on this. Sorry if you wanted to hear nothing but glory for our new savior. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

I wasnt even responding to you or you post. Thin skinned much? You can be quite a whiny little cunt sometimes...

He’s a big thing in his own mind. He literally never said anything new or different except his take on BK...which he was wrong about.

2 minutes ago, kmac30 said:

I’m going to miss this thread at work on Monday. I learned a little, I laughed, I cried.

Goodbye and Good Luck

"This class was not added -- the section you have requested is full.

AND

All sections of this class are full.

AND

This class is restricted by the department."

#TEXMemories

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1