Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

28 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Yeah but it has to be considering salaries and benefits for UT employees is roughly 1.5 billion or 50%. They need money generation to pay that.

athletics cost is roughly 7% of the 3 Billion and it’s covered by the average 16% revenue, not including booster dollars. 

so it’s incredibly easy to see how sports is much more profitable in terms of overage amounts. Plus good sports programs, specifically football increase attendance numbers. Just ask Alabama. 

not real sure what the argument here is, but football is a pretty vital piece of UT and it’s money stream

good info though we aren't looking to increase attendance numbers..

46 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

I’m too lazy to look. Didn’t Urban say one of the best hires of the year was Chris Ash? I’d actually be OK with him staying. Yurcich as well. Would love to see what can be done worth actual coaching, guidance, and direction. 

Keep Ash, Yurcich and Giles. Maybe the LB and maybe DB coach if CUM thinks they are a fit. Go nuts on the other positions and make guys say no

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Keep Ash, Yurcich and Giles. Maybe the LB and maybe DB coach if CUM thinks they are a fit. Go nuts on the other positions and make guys say no

I'd be for keeping Hutzler.  LB play looks much better than previous years, and Overshown and Mitchell have improved every week.  He's also landed 2 stud LB targets in the 21' class.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'd be for keeping Hutzler.  LB play looks much better than previous years, and Overshown and Mitchell have improved every week.  He's also landed 2 stud LB targets in the 21' class.

All that while reducing secondary buyouts and keeping a bit of continuity for the team. 

Edited by Daichee Bell

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

Guys, as terrible as it is to get to the point when you've got to fire a head coach, the grey period netherworld of conspiratorial speculation and tangential conclusion drawing based on attenuated and often unrelated facts, is a glorious time. I'm here for it. Give me the unnamed agent quote recycled through five message boards. Give me port-a-potty girl, craps mom or seven-eleven guy. All of them are valid sources and each of them deserves our attention. It's the coaching search, y'all. Welcome aboard.

100% agree. Which is why I paid Eric Nahlin 9.95 about 5 minutes after the Iowa St loss. I absolutely want to know that a guy on OB who is friends with Bobby Kennedy says that Kennedy told him Urban has been reaching out to possible assistants (yes, that was actually posted). I’m here for it all.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, THUJONE said:

Guys, as terrible as it is to get to the point when you've got to fire a head coach, the grey period netherworld of conspiratorial speculation and tangential conclusion drawing based on attenuated and often unrelated facts, is a glorious time. I'm here for it. Give me the unnamed agent quote recycled through five message boards. Give me port-a-potty girl, craps mom or seven-eleven guy. All of them are valid sources and each of them deserves our attention. It's the coaching search, y'all. Welcome aboard.

Where the fuck have you been?  We needed you these past few years and you fucking abandon us?  What I suppose you had 'clients' that needed 'real' help.  Well fuck them.  Get back to drawing dicks and making this misery funny.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Where the fuck have you been?  We needed you these past few years and you fucking abandon us?  What I suppose you had 'clients' that needed 'real' help.  Well fuck them.  Get back to drawing dicks and making this misery funny.   

Sorry man. Having a daughter, publishing a novel, whipping J&J's ass in trial, you know. The usual.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, THUJONE said:

I just look forward to the futureman fisting in MS Paint

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic