if you want urban meyer as head coach at texas, cut your dick off

BigOrange1

26 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

If you want to hire a known piece of shit to possibly win games than have at it boss, but you can’t ever pretend to take the moral high ground again with anything related to CFB. If a player does something selfish and gets his ass suspended for a big game, you can’t say shit. These are the same Texas fans who wanted to kick Baylor out of the conference. You can’t just be moral when it’s convenient. 

Not sure you can really compare Meyer’s situation to art Briles, but you’re more than welcome to, I guess. There’s a reason art won’t ever coach at the division one level again, and Meyer will have whatever high profile job he wants as soon as he says he’s ready. You’re right though. It’s a slippery slope. I wouldn’t have this take back in 2009. But we’re going to go another 10 years dealing with this bullshit and the Texas shine will be completely worn off like we’re Tennessee, or Miami. Hell, maybe it already has. If you’re a 17 year old blue chip athlete with aspirations of playing in the nfl and playing in the college football playoff, why the fuck would you even consider Texas? Now take that same kid, have urban Meyer sitting in his living room like “this is my fucking resume, kid. It speaks for itself. You want to get to the nfl and/or cfb playoff, you’ll come to Texas because I’m urban fucking Meyer”

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You sound like someone who wants to be on par with aggy on a national level. I’m not sure we even have the same record as them if we played their schedule. This program is a joke right now. Fuck moral superiority at this point. If that’s your main focus you should be leading the bandwagon to hire Charlie Strong again.

aggy is not in the same universe as Texas in terms of the morality of its football program.  Ever since that tower collapsed in South Bend, the Michigan Men and only the Michigan Men have been our only competition in the morality sweepstakes.  How quickly some of you would discard the very core of our identity!  Moral supremacy!  Paying some underprivileged minorities a couple Gs under the table while the university generates hundreds of millions in revenue off their unpaid labor to fund the bloated salaries of dozens of administrative lackeys in the AD is entirely beneath this unimpeachable university, much less hiring someone the ilk of Urban Meyer.  The very thought of him prowling the sidelines of the heretofore virtuous University of Texas football programs induces extreme nausea.  The very same petrodollar funded program whose glory days gave rise to the last all-white National Championship team and Meat on the Hoof!  I refuse to besmirch the good name of the Texas Longhorns by even contemplating the hiring of a coach who would immediately place the program among the nationally elite scum like Alabama, Ohio State and Oklahoma.  Even mentioning Texas in the same sentence as those "universities" taints our pristine reputation.  Texas will Win the Right Way with Good KidsTM or simply won't bother. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The fact is this team gave up on Tom and Third and Orlando the very second TCU took the lead on Saturday. 

Saban, Sweeny, Riley, and Meyer would not be putting up with this crap and accountability would have occurred a few weeks ago.  

TAKE-LOSS-INNA.jpg

If you want to hire a known piece of shit to possibly win games than have at it boss, but you can’t ever pretend to take the moral high ground again with anything related to CFB. If a player does something selfish and gets his ass suspended for a big game, you can’t say shit. These are the same Texas fans who wanted to kick Baylor out of the conference. You can’t just be moral when it’s convenient. 

Herman hires Casey Horny and still took Leteio’s commitment.....sooooo
  • Like 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I'm dead serious -- I would rather my alma mater shut down its football program than hire Urban Meyer.  

Frankly, you may have unwittingly touched on the larger and more important question that we all need to consider. Is it appropriate for the unquestioned moral leader in American higher education to even maintain a football program? Urban Meyer as the leader of the Texas football program is clearly a non-starter.  It will take strong and brave leadership for the university to take the progressive and ultimately inevitable step to entirely remove itself from the tawdry and exploitative business that is college football.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We have a young injured defense. Only clowns like you and the lazy media thought we were gonna contend for the playoffs this year. Rational fans said we’re a few injuries away from being shit. Y’all chose to ignore the fact we have four returning starts on defense. Now y’all our whining for a dirt bag to takeover after one bad loss. Texas fans are the worst

He said contend for the conference, not the playoffs. Kindly fuck off

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Frankly, you may have unwittingly touched on the larger and more important question that we all need to consider. Is it appropriate for the unquestioned moral leader in American higher education to even maintain a football program? Urban Meyer as the leader of the Texas football program is clearly a non-starter.  It will take strong and brave leadership for the university to take the progressive and ultimately inevitable step to entirely remove itself from the tawdry and exploitative business that is college football.

Yeah, no.  Jesus christ, so Texas is going to extricate itself from all "menial" forms of athletics and stand alone as an institute of "higher learning", despite being well behind many other schools that have both stronger academics AND superior athletics.  Perfect....

• Like 1

The thing nobody's talking about when we talk about "moral high ground" or whatever is that our coach is Tom Herman who is pretty much a known arrogant piece of shit. It's a when, not an if, for when dirt is going to come to the surface on him. He's a slimy dude who believes himself to be smarter than everyone else. That's a surefire recipe for shadiness. Let's be real. I doubt he's any more ethical than Meyer.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The thing nobody's talking about when we talk about "moral high ground" or whatever is that our coach is Tom Herman who is pretty much a known arrogant piece of shit. It's a when, not an if, for when dirt is going to come to the surface on him. He's a slimy dude who believes himself to be smarter than everyone else. That's a surefire recipe for shadiness. Let's be real. I doubt he's any more ethical than Meyer.

Yep.  This farce that Texas walks on water above the rest of the fray is nonsense.  Bring in Urban to stem the bleeding.  We all know he's a journeyman.  This isn't a long-term proposal.  With the talent on campus, it would look to be a quick and immediate turnaround.  

Urban's Gator players had 31 arrests during his 6 years there.  Including a guy threatening to murder his GF "time to die".  No suspension.  Including shootings.  Including Aaron fucking Hernandez.  And he covered up Zach Smith's wifebeating for years and then threw his wife under the bus when caught.

He is a POS human being. To compare Herman's hubris to that slimball is ludicrous.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This is some stupid shit. Look up Meyer's off-field  record, and you literally can't name anyone outside of Art Briles who is less ethical.  But Herman is arrogant, OK!

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is some stupid shit. Look up Meyer's off-field  record, and you literally can't name anyone outside of Art Briles who is less ethical.  But Herman is arrogant, OK!

It took 10 years or so into Meyer's head coaching career for the initial smoke to come out at Florida. Then another 5 or 6 for it to come out at Ohio State.

Tom still has time.

I'm not saying his arrogance is an issue. Most good coaches are cocky. I'm saying that anyone who has a reasonably good bullshit detector understands that Herman is absolutely not above bending or breaking rules. He just hasn't gotten caught yet. He's a slimy mother fucker who isn't as good at winning as the other slimy mother fucker we're talking about.

FWIW I'm not at all advocating for Urban. I've just more resigned myself to the fact that Herman isn't the guy.

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It took 10 years or so into Meyer's head coaching career for the initial smoke to come out at Florida. Then another 5 or 6 for it to come out at Ohio State.

Tom still has time.

And Charles Manson didn't become a psychotic cult leader until he was 35, so I guess we had better keep an eye on Lincoln Riley.

Urban's Gator players had 31 arrests during his 6 years there.  Including a guy threatening to murder his GF "time to die".  No suspension.  Including shootings.  Including Aaron fucking Hernandez.  And he covered up Zach Smith's wifebeating for years and then threw his wife under the bus when caught.
He is a POS human being. To compare Herman's hubris to that slimball is ludicrous.

How many arrest did we have during the mid 2000s?
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

How many arrest did we have during the mid 2000s?

We only averaged 1.3 arrests per week during the halcyon days of the Mack regime, 0.9 of which were entirely attributable to racist laws and/or City of Austin policing techniques and the remainder of which were either a function of good, clean old fashioned "boys will be boys grabassing" or legitimate efforts to retrieve stolen property (RIP).  Certainly nothing as depraved as the sex trafficking, polygamy, serial murder and child slavery ubiquitous at Bowling Green, Utah,  Florida and Ohio State.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Herman being arrogant is comparable to a guy that had 47 arrests and let a murderer play football. Ok bud

• Like 2

ok I'm confused. Is the deal that if you want Meyer you just cut your dick off for the hell of it or if that if you do cut your dick off then Meyer gets hired as the new hc?  The former doesn't seem like much of a deal to me while the latter will probably result in some dickless Texas fans running around.

Edited by Surlybastard

Give me Urban as HC with Briles as the OC and OJ Simpson as the DC if it meant 6-7 B12 titles and 2-3 National titles in the next 10 years. I’m tired of seeing what I’ve seen the past ten years and could care less about fielding a team full of kids you’d want your daughter to date while winning 7-8 games a year. 

• Like 4

On 10/28/2019 at 9:16 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

The fact is this team gave up on Tom and Third and Orlando the very second TCU took the lead on Saturday. 

Saban, Sweeny, Riley, and Meyer would not be putting up with this crap and accountability would have occurred a few weeks ago.  

Bullshit Saban never fired anyone they just get a HC gig somewhere else.

9 hours ago, General Specific said:

Sounds like we already have some dickless fans as some want Meyers....

So, is the deal that those of us that would rather cut off our dicks instead of hiring Meyers, are to give said cut off dicks to those are without? Seems like a waste of a lot of dicks!

Tell it again.  Specifically, the part about Meyers

• 4 weeks later...