Why do we keep fucking this up?

GhostOfTomJoad

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, Boise is a good job and his alma mater.  Would be tough but hell yeah, I'd still reach out.  Assuming he has no ill feelings towards Texas after his tenure. 

We could quadruple his salary tomorrow.  He knows how close we are.  There's a stable of talent here to take advantage of.  

12 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Someone can make a new thread if they want....but earl cambell says we wont win until get a black qb...sites tua,hurts,barrett and vince as examples

Leave it to Earl to make it about race. I suppose we will all look the other way as we usually do when someone who is black says stupid racist shit. 

I guess CTE is real. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Someone can make a new thread if they want....but earl cambell says we wont win until get a black qb...sites tua,hurts,barrett and vince as examples

I posted that in the "Struggles for Offense/Defense" thread. That was a real head-scratcher comment from Earl. I know it's Bohls and all but why print that? Was it in a situation where there were other reporters around? If not, just leave it be. All it does is embarrass one of our greatest Longhorns who is clearly struggling physically.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

We could quadruple his salary tomorrow.  He knows how close we are.  There's a stable of talent here to take advantage of.  

The difference is, he has zero expectations at Bosie and if he makes a New Year’s Day bowl, he has a lifetime of job security. We can quadruple his salary, but 8-4 or 9-3 every year will get him fired within 3 or 4 years. I’m not saying this isn’t a final destination type of job because it clearly is, but I don’t know if we’re really as close as you think we are. Maybe we are, but I think that’s up for debate. It isn’t the same as leaving bosie to join ohio state. Both programs have similar expectations, but you know for a fucking fact you can win there right away.

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I don’t think we are very close, and our talent is OK but not that great. Especially on defense, who do we have that you would choose over anybody else in the conference?

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The difference is, he has zero expectations at Bosie and if he makes a New Year’s Day bowl, he has a lifetime of job security. We can quadruple his salary, but 8-4 or 9-3 every year will get him fired within 3 or 4 years. I’m not saying this isn’t a final destination type of job because it clearly is, but I don’t know if we’re really as close as you think we are. Maybe we are, but I think that’s up for debate. It isn’t the same as leaving bosie to join ohio state. Both programs have similar expectations, but you know for a fucking fact you can win there right away.

I don't want my coach to shrink from high expectations and be content to stay someplace like aggy, where 8-4 is good enough. I want him to just naturally assume he can win it all.

Viper: The best driver and his RIO from each class has his name on it. [turns to Maverick] You think your name's gonna be on that plaque?
Maverick: Yes, sir.
Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
Maverick: [pauses] Yes, sir.
Viper: [smiles] I like that in a pilot.

19 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

I don't want my coach to shrink from high expectations and be content to stay someplace like aggy, where 8-4 is good enough. I want him to just naturally assume he can win it all.

Viper: The best driver and his RIO from each class has his name on it. [turns to Maverick] You think your name's gonna be on that plaque?
Maverick: Yes, sir.
Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
Maverick: [pauses] Yes, sir.
Viper: [smiles] I like that in a pilot.

Oh I agree. That’s why I want a program coach who has won championship(s) at big time programs with big time expectations *cough* Urban Meyer *cough*. There really aren’t any other available coaches out there that fit this description unless I’m just missing someone obvious. 

12 hours ago, XYZ said:

I don’t think we are very close, and our talent is OK but not that great. Especially on defense, who do we have that you would choose over anybody else in the conference?

I'm bullish on our talent and bearish on our coaching right now.  We have the horses to post a much better record than we have.  This is why coaching is so hyper-critical in today's CFB landscape.  These guys are god damn wizards and few and far between.  Guys that can manage a massive program such as ours don't come along every day.  

13 hours ago, XYZ said:

I think the defense could be much better if we had coaches that knew how to use the personnel we have.  And scheme a little bit.  Cant be that hard.