Jake Smith

FriendofaFriend

It seems enirely possible that Cousin Jake discovered - or was told - that Sark isn't going to play a WR who doesn't run routes as defined and crisply instead of rounding everything off, and even if he learnt to do so would still drop an inordinate number of balls thrown to him. 

As we found with John Burt, it makes jack shit how fast he runs, he still has to catch the balls that do reach him.

I always hoped that Jake would put it all together, he certainly flashed at moments, but I'm not real sad to see him go since he seemed to want out all the time.

That said, if the rumors about him and Jake Ehlinger being close and planned roommates this year are true, that combined with Jake's struggles on the field and with injuries, along with coaching turnover (yes, for the better, but this isn't the coach who recruited him) add up to an unsurprising exit. I don't really understand the hate towards him for leaving, given all of that.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I I don't really understand the hate towards him for leaving, given all of that.

It’s standard fanthink. Play for my team and you’re great. Don’t wanna be on my team, then you’re a worthless piece of shit not even worthy of wearing a jockstrap. Important to remember that when it comes to fan(atic)s, all logic and reason leave the equation. 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, futureman said:

he hates herman. y’all hate herman. can you not find a little solidarity there?

I hate agreeing with you, but this is true. Everyone that had the misfortune of playing for turtle and his shitty staff need some rehab. Some tucked their tail and sought it elsewhere. Fuck 'em 

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...