Mass Shooting in Greenville

UTEX90

A mass shooting at a party outside Greenville, Texas, in the Dallas area, has resulted in at least two deaths, according to a report.

Initial reports described the event as a homecoming party for students of Texas A&M Commerce University, but the university's police department confirmed in a Twitter message that the event was not on campus.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-am-commerce-shooting-at-homecoming-party-results-in-at-least-2-deaths-report

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’m betting the people at the party know who it was, but snitches get stitches.

Communities, that allow murderers to walk free, are doomed for failure.  I get not snitching on someone from minor items but mass murder?  I would say the only time you don’t turn in a mass murderer is when you are taking care of that person yourself.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Communities, that allow murderers to walk free, are doomed for failure.  I get not snitching on someone from minor items but mass murder?  I would say the only time you don’t turn in a mass murderer is when you are taking care of that person yourself.

Yea this is way different than some don't snitch shit. Fuck that. My brother lives out there and passed this on the way home from a party as well. He said it was people from DeSoto and cedar Hill but haven't heard anything official. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea this is way different than some don't snitch shit. Fuck that. My brother lives out there and passed this on the way home from a party as well. He said it was people from DeSoto and cedar Hill but haven't heard anything official. 

People just witnessed people shoot up a whole crowd with no regards for anyone. They proved they don't give a shit and will murder anyone. It's only natural people are going to be hesitant to come forward and ID these guys right now when they are still at large.

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

People just witnessed people shoot up a whole crowd with no regards for anyone. They proved they don't give a shit and will murder anyone. It's only natural people are going to be hesitant to come forward and ID these guys right now when they are still at large.

I don’t see it like that.  Telling investigators what you saw is not the same as posting it in FB.  It would also seem reasonable that someone in that party knows exactly who the shooter is. 

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

One of the murder victims was from Pleasant Grove:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/10/texas-am-shooting-victims-photos-names/

https://heavy.com/news/2019/10/texas-am-mass-commerce-mass-shooting/

7 hours ago, 3adays said:

This happened like 6 hours ago and they STILL don’t have the shooter! 

Apparently he was able to blend back into the big crowd.

News articles say police were called before the shooting for parking and traffic issues, 750 people at a building that probably doesn't legally hold 1/3rd of that.  Police were out front trying to deal with that and possible public intoxication suspects when the shooting happened.  The event had hired just one security person, who was at the front door.  The killer is believed to have entered the unguarded back door, committed the shooting, perhaps targeting someone, and then fled out the back door.  I'm guessing, but could see him yelling something like, "OMG, shooter, run!" and fleeing like a victim into the crowd.  Reports of 911 dispatchers later telling officers on scene that the ambulances are unable to reach the victims because of crowd and gridlock.  750 persons on scene that turns into chaos with only a few cops and 1 security guard on site, they weren't going to be able to vet everyone the way you see at school shootings when they evacuate the building with a much larger response team.  If no one immediately chased after the shooter out the back door I can see how he got away.

Choppaboy Wess

He filled his Facebook page with photos showing him with wads of cash. Several photos show him pointing a weapon at the camera.

On October 17, he wrote that he had been shot at.

In one now chilling post, he wrote the day before he died: “…let’s walk to the cemetery to show u where u gone end up if u play wit me🖤.”

He wasn’t at the party causing problems he DIDNT have a altercation with anyone he was a victim to a random shooter along with 4/5 other people.”

my bullshit meter is going off here a little bit

the other article said "students from nearby universities like "Texas State"....uh yea because San Marcos is so close to Greenville.....more likely the TSU mentioned in the tweets was Tarleton or Texas Southern neither of which are "nearby"

and nice flyer....how desperate are you to "party" if you are driving more than 10 or 15 miles to get together in a large metal building stuffed to the gills with other fuckers

EHh85ARX0AAUfOf.jpg

Just now, thestud said:

I really hate that you’re 100% right.

yea I hate that as well

the venue owner is 100% going to face a "failure to provide adequate security" lawsuit

and the news is reporting that the lone security was an off duty Farmersville ISD Police Officer.......so that equals deep pockets

I may be wrong on this but in the past I believe I read that many jurisdictions require off duty officers that work security (in or out of uniform) have additional insurance that names their agency as a rider....now who knows if I am correct on that or not or if Farmersville ISD required that....sadly either way they will probably be named in the suit and the "cheapest" thing either from the officers insurance (if he has it) or from the ISD if they have insurance (or both) is to just throw money to make it go away.....now if the ISD is self insured they might be fucked especially if the officer does not have additional insurance for off duty work

as far as the venue owner goes if they are smart they have insurance (insurance will probably find a million reasons to not cover in this case) and they have the venue set up as a separate limited liability company and they have kept their shit up to make it hard to pierce beyond that and they have kept the leverage/debt on that building topped up and taken all equity out of it routinely so it is basically a non-asset....again I may well be wrong (and anyone can correct me if I am please), but they could possibly even have another company they own holding the debt on the venue so when it goes under that second company is the primary lien holder and they still retain possession....but the "operator" of the venue would basically have zero assets and behind firewalls of ownership that are hard to get through  

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

School districts have sovereign immunity.

There's not much money in this.

that is a good point, but I wonder if that holds for an off duty job (probably in uniform) and I think they will still be named in the lawsuit even if it does end up and get tossed

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

that is a good point, but I wonder if that holds for an off duty job (probably in uniform) and I think they will still be named in the lawsuit even if it does end up and get tossed

Unlike private parties, governmental entities tend not to settle bullshit claims.  The mechanisms for getting them out of lawsuits early and quickly are pretty effective.

And, other than a particular type of civil rights claim, there's no liability for the employer of an off-duty officer.  None.  And whatever there is is squarely covered by the Tort Claims Act.

• Like 2

Not sure why everyone seems so confused by this.  It's gangbanger types shooting each other up.
I guess people are having a hard time getting past the "mass shooter" narrative.

Nah. The media wants it to be some MAGA hat wearing conservative white guy with an AR15. Black on black though? Fuck it.
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not sure why everyone seems so confused by this.  It's gangbanger types shooting each other up.

I guess people are having a hard time getting past the "mass shooter" narrative.

We get too hung up on terminology. It looks like a gangland hit with complete disregard for others at a crowded party. Were all of the dead actual targets?  If you shoot up a party or a family picnic, as was common in the 90s, in order to kill one guy, you are the functional equivalent of a "mass shooter." 

The solutions are the same no matter the motives of the shooter.  Gun control. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, not to down play the tragedy but this happened twice a week in LA in the late 80’s early 90’s

• Like 1