NFL Week 8 Games

Iceman

NE up 10-0 against the Browns in the first quarter. They scored a defensive TD, but unfortunately it wasn't a Baker pick 6 or fumble. Chubb coughed it up and Hightower returned it for a TD.

Edited by Chad

The sad thing is that after finishing this game 2-5 Cleveland could still end up 9-7 due to one of the easiest remaining schedules if not the easiest. They have two teams with winning records remaining on their schedule : Buffalo & Baltimore they host both in Cleveland. They play Miami, Cincy x2, Pittsburgh x2 Arizona & Denver those teams are all terrible.

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Where the fuck did this 9ers team come from? 

Last place schedule, and one of the best young head coaches in football. Maybe the best young head coach in football. Plus, he isn’t that good but I’m sure losing jimmy g was pretty demoralizing for them last year 

Mayfield was made to look silly on more than one occasion today, including that laughable thing he tried to throw into the line of scrimmage. But nothing to be ashamed of - the Pats defense will do that to most every QB.  Belichick running the defense now is nothing short of awesome.   

Pats are 8-0. Beyond what I expected but happy as hell.  On to Baltimore next Sunday night.  Ravens should give them a game.    

So Darnold follows up a 5 turnover performance with three more INT's today. The guy is just not a good QB. I don't know if he was seeing ghosts, goblins, zombies, demons or the headless horseman, but he just flat out sucks.

I do not think he is equipped to handle the pressure of the media nor the history of futility of the franchise for most of the last half century. He looks like Blake Bortles out there.

29 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Mayfield was made to look silly on more than one occasion today, including that laughable thing he tried to throw into the line of scrimmage. But nothing to be ashamed of - the Pats defense will do that to most every QB.  Belichick running the defense now is nothing short of awesome.   

Pats are 8-0. Beyond what I expected but happy as hell.  On to Baltimore next Sunday night.  Ravens should give them a game.    

I want them to run the table and I want the Dolphins to go winless so we never, ever have to hear from those miserable old fucks from Miami again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Damn, 1 TO left, Chi doesn’t even try for more yards. Hope they miss now. 

What a fucking pussy. 

"Yeah, I'm not even going to get into that," Nagy said following the Bears' 17-16 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. "I have zero thought of running the ball and taking the chance of fumbling the football. They know you're running the football, so you lose three, four yards, so that wasn't even in our process as coaches to think about that.

I'll just be brutally clear: Zero thought of throwing the football, zero thought of running the football. You understand me? That's exactly what it was. It's as simple as that."

That’s why you’re dead last in your division, bro. 

13 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I want them to run the table and I want the Dolphins to go winless so we never, ever have to hear from those miserable old fucks from Miami again. 

Doubtful they'll run the table. Ravens off a bye week and hosting Patriots Sunday night will be the first test.  After that, in a row, at Philly, Dallas, at Texans, then Chiefs.   

Defense has scored as many touchdowns (4) as it has allowed to opposing offenses.  Playing crap teams, overall, yes.  But those are impressive #s regardless of opposition.

The game this Sunday vs. Baltimore is especially important.  Patriots win and they'll be in prime, almost untouchable, position of best record in the conference and getting home field in the playoffs.  And they don't lose in Foxboro in January.