We will win out

futureman

I thoroughly enjoy threads like this. We all sober up from Saturday clouded in hope and contemplating rehab. Someone among us (from the future) decides “we will win out.”

You forgot a tiny detail about your declaration. This is one of those scenarios where Biff Tannen found the sports book and the actual result of the rest of our season is this: Link

3 hours ago, futureman said:

tom herman is not charlie strong.  after the bye week we’ll be healthier and will have had a chance to catch our breath and regroup.  orlando will make adjustments to our defensive scheme because at this point he has no other choice; we’ll be better on defense because it’s not possible to be worse.  sam will finish the season on fire because he’s tough as nails and does not shrink under pressure.  herman will have these guys ready to go and we finish 9-3.  if baylor loses to OU we finish 10-3.  fight me. 

I would really, really, really like to believe that, but...…..

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Todd Orlando is our defensive coordinator. We aren’t winning out. In fact, we’ll lose one of the next two games against either Iowa state or Baylor. I want to be wrong so bad, but the defense is trash. 

yeah, you’re wrong.  herman lost his share of games at houston but when his back is against the wall he fucking gets shit done.  kstate had their big “statement” game last week, but they are still terrible.  we will win convincingly in two weeks and then each of the three weeks after that.  the amount of hopelessness around here is sickening, like everyone got simultaneously castrated last saturday afternoon.  you have got to buck up, man!  you can’t be bringing that kind of negative energy into the last month of the season.  and more than herman, sam is going to get this done.  he will lead, and his teammates will follow him to four straight victories.  

• Like 2

tom herman is not charlie strong.  after the bye week we’ll be healthier and will have had a chance to catch our breath and regroup.  orlando will make adjustments to our defensive scheme because at this point he has no other choice; we’ll be better on defense because it’s not possible to be worse.  sam will finish the season on fire because he’s tough as nails and does not shrink under pressure.  herman will have these guys ready to go and we finish 9-3.  if baylor loses to OU we finish 10-3.  fight me. 
OP:

3:1 odds for $100 to win out. Yes?

47 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah, you’re wrong.  herman lost his share of games at houston but when his back is against the wall he fucking gets shit done.  kstate had their big “statement” game last week, but they are still terrible.  we will win convincingly in two weeks and then each of the three weeks after that.  the amount of hopelessness around here is sickening, like everyone got simultaneously castrated last saturday afternoon.  you have got to buck up, man!  you can’t be bringing that kind of negative energy into the last month of the season.  and more than herman, sam is going to get this done.  he will lead, and his teammates will follow him to four straight victories.  

Maybe play like your back is against the wall every week?

"Guys, we have three losses. We can't really accomplish any goals, now. Let's turn it up a notch."

58 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’ll put money that we beat K-State. The one semi strength of our defense has been stopping the run (or at least slowing it down). K-State doesn’t matchup that well with us

Texas did a good job shutting down Hubbard, but Sanders ran wild in that game. TCU's RB was held in check, but Duggan had a nice game on the ground. Teams don't run the ball against the Texas defense nearly as often as they should because the secondary is so damn bad.

texasrundef.jpg

Edited by Chad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’ll put money that we beat K-State. The one semi strength of our defense has been stopping the run (or at least slowing it down). K-State doesn’t matchup that well with us

TCU was dead last in passing, actually still are.  Running the ball was the only thing they could do until they played us.  

Klieman is a better coach than Herman with less talent.  He has won 7 national championships in his last 8 seasons.  

They will beat us in the trenches, they have a running QB, and I sure wouldn't bet on this game because we should win off talent alone but Herman might be losing the team.  

6 hours ago, futureman said:

jacksonville jaguars GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This is about the fifth guy to proclaim we will win out. And the fourth game in a row someone has proclaimed that Orlando has no choice but to adjust. I think by now numbnuts would have adjusted if he knew how. Numbnuts is numb to the kicks to the nuts our defense is taking.

Numbnuts needs to be terminated. 

2 hours ago, Treefidy said:

TCU was dead last in passing, actually still are.  Running the ball was the only thing they could do until they played us.  

Klieman is a better coach than Herman with less talent.  He has won 7 national championships in his last 8 seasons.  

They will beat us in the trenches, they have a running QB, and I sure wouldn't bet on this game because we should win off talent alone but Herman might be losing the team.  

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Maybe play like your back is against the wall every week?

"Guys, we have three losses. We can't really accomplish any goals, now. Let's turn it up a notch."

Uhh, the big 12 championship is still very much a possibility.  Is that not a goal?