We will win out

futureman

This thread is entertaining.  Not saying we will win out but it’s a lot better than the “fire the world” threads that have surfaced lately.  
I prefer the "fire everbody" threads. That's why I Surly. If you want to pump sunshine the other sites are that way ------------->
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:
8 hours ago, Apex73 said:
This thread is entertaining.  Not saying we will win out but it’s a lot better than the “fire the world” threads that have surfaced lately.  

I prefer the "fire everbody" threads. That's why I Surly. If you want to pump sunshine the other sites are that way ------------->

It’s not sunshine pumping.  I just said we may not win out.  I said it’s an entertaining thread.  Glad you enjoy cancer I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Whatever said:
13 hours ago, Apex73 said:

Whatever

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:56 PM, Rhinotx said:

We might get lucky and beat tech.  Baylor will be in full rape mode. 

You realize that Baylor should have lost to Tech at home, right? That literally the only thing that prevented it from happening was the shit ass Big 12 refs?

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

Tech has a real coach and less  talent but I think it will be close or a loss . 

Do they? I mean I hope Wells is good but the jury is still out.

And while anybody can beat us the way we are playing, Tech is still by far the worst team on the schedule.

7 hours ago, Rhinotx said:

You realize we lost to tcu and almost lost to Kansas. 

No shit Sherlock. Just saying that all the teams in this conf seem to beat each other so it's hard to figure out who really sucks. No need to build up any team as some unstoppable force, nor is it necessary to take anyone lightly.

Edited by Pam Cummings

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

How many of the Top 10 highest paid coaches in the nation can say they’ve averaged 5 losses over the last three seasons?   Herman can!

Counting your Herman hate statistics before it happens? 

Herman is 17-9 his first two seasons, it can be argued he inherited talent but it was a lot of guys that weren't team players. Let's let the season play out. Last year remember the QB room was fucking EMPTY. This year the DB room is a hospital.

48 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Herman is 17-9 his first two seasons, it can be argued he inherited talent but it was a lot of guys that weren't team players. Let's let the season play out. Last year remember the QB room was fucking EMPTY. This year the DB room is a hospital.

Where do you count nine losses in Herman’s first two seasons?  I see 10 everybody sees 10 in the inter-webs sees 10.  Even if he only loses one more game during the regular season and/or the bowl game, that’s still an average of five losses per season.   And spoiler alert he’s probably going to lose more than one game between now and early January.  

we have the highest paid five loss per season coach in the history of college football.  Things are not going wellThings are not going well

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Where do you count nine losses in Herman’s first two seasons?  I see 10 everybody sees 10 in the inter-webs sees 10.  Even if he only loses one more game during the regular season and/or the bowl game, that’s still an average of five losses per season.   And spoiler alert he’s probably going to lose more than one game between now and early January.  

we have the highest paid five loss per season coach in the history of college football.  Things are not going wellThings are not going well

I was told there would be no math.

Neither was tom "Mensa" Herman.  He's the fucking guy at a coach's convention that sits in the corner and laments, "I wish I wasn't so smart.  Because then I'd just be happy mentoring and watching the game.  And not be caught up in the all the true genius behind the plays."  

2 hours ago, alincoln said:

7-5 plus Liberty Bowl win

Generally agree (but I also thought we'd have 2 losses , maybe 3 tops)....

I think we right the ship for K-State.  I don't need a reason I just think we do.  I also think we handle Tech.  Of ISU and Baylor....Baylor is the one I could see us winning.  ISU will pick us apart and enjoy doing it.

22 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Do they? I mean I hope Wells is good but the jury is still out.

And while anybody can beat us the way we are playing, Tech is still by far the worst team on the schedule.

Watching a few of their games of late, they are better and better weekly. They did beat BU at home but for the refs. 

Marginal QB but not horrible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

I love that this is an edited post.

Your math is a lil fuzzy.

Yes, he had 10 losses before this season. He has 3 this season. 10+3=13.

5 losses x 3 seasons= 15.

15-13=2

He must lose 2 more to average 5 losses. 

20 hours ago, Zavala said:

Empty QB room last season...what? Didn't we have both Sam, who was great after Maryland, and that one guy who's QB for undefeated SMU? And a couple highly regarded frosh? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

15-13=2

He loses one more game, that's 14 losses in 3 seasons.  That's 4.7 losses per season, I'll call it 5.  

And we all know he's going to lose more than 1 game in the next 5.  

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

Empty QB room last season...what? Didn't we have both Sam, who was great after Maryland, and that one guy who's QB for undefeated SMU? And a couple highly regarded frosh? 

Once Sam got hurt, we only had Shane. They were repping Heard at QB for the Baylor game.. Also the revisionist history for Shane is silly, sure he's doing great at SMU. He stunk at Texas. It probably wasn't his fault, Charlie Strong's offense sucked and Herman's offense is centered around QB run game. 

His game against Baylor after Sam went down - 20-34, 184 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT, Texas wins 23-17

On 10/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, futureman said:

tom herman is not charlie strong.  after the bye week we’ll be healthier and will have had a chance to catch our breath and regroup.  orlando will make adjustments to our defensive scheme because at this point he has no other choice; we’ll be better on defense because it’s not possible to be worse.  sam will finish the season on fire because he’s tough as nails and does not shrink under pressure.  herman will have these guys ready to go and we finish 9-3.  if baylor loses to OU we finish 10-3.  fight me. 

If you are wrong, enjoy your blanket party.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Once Sam got hurt, we only had Shane. They were repping Heard at QB for the Baylor game.. Also the revisionist history for Shane is silly, sure he's doing great at SMU. He stunk at Texas. It probably wasn't his fault, Charlie Strong's offense sucked and Herman's offense is centered around QB run game. 

His game against Baylor after Sam went down - 20-34, 184 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT, Texas wins 23-17

Having a capable backup does not equal an empty QB room. Texas minus Ash = empty QB room. Derp as a starter = empty QB room. 

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

15-13=2

Image result for math gif

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

Point is that the QB room isn't empty when your backup is capable of starting and putting up the numbers Boo has. And yes his failures at Texas are primarily about our coaches. Herman should have adjusted his precious mediocre offense to mesh with Boo's strengths and minimize the weaknesses. Especially in 2017 when the OL was complete and total ass, we should have been throwing quick hitters and timing routes galore. 

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Point is that the QB room isn't empty when your backup is capable of starting and putting up the numbers Boo has. And yes his failures at Texas are primarily about our coaches. Herman should have adjusted his precious mediocre offense to mesh with Boo's strengths and minimize the weaknesses. Especially in 2017 when the OL was complete and total ass, we should have been throwing quick hitters and timing routes galore. 

lulz

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Having a capable backup does not equal an empty QB room. Texas minus Ash = empty QB room. Derp as a starter = empty QB room. 

Once Sam got hurt Heard was the backup for Shane....

On 10/30/2019 at 6:57 AM, Pam Cummings said:

No shit Sherlock. Just saying that all the teams in this conf seem to beat each other so it's hard to figure out who really sucks. No need to build up any team as some unstoppable force, nor is it necessary to take anyone lightly.

They all may be stoppable forces, but we are most definitely a movable object.

#iwastoldtherewouldbenophysics

On 10/30/2019 at 10:09 AM, Zavala said:

Uh... no.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, futureman said:

tom herman is not charlie strong.  after the bye week we’ll be healthier and will have had a chance to catch our breath and regroup.  orlando will make adjustments to our defensive scheme because at this point he has no other choice; we’ll be better on defense because it’s not possible to be worse.  sam will finish the season on fire because he’s tough as nails and does not shrink under pressure.  herman will have these guys ready to go and we finish 9-3.  if baylor loses to OU we finish 10-3.  fight me.