We will win out

futureman

I doubt it happens, but it could.  Texas has more talent than KSU, Tech, Baylor or ISU.  None of those teams are special.  All but Tech are pretty good, but not great.  Pretending like this is some unbelievably tough stretch of games is ridiculous.

I doubt it happens, but it could.  Texas has more talent than KSU, Tech, Baylor or ISU.  None of those teams are special.  All but Tech are pretty good, but not great.  Pretending like this is some unbelievably tough stretch of games is ridiculous.

Texas has been more talented than nearly everyone on the schedule. Who knew coaching would matter?

Texas has played 6 teams with less talent, and beat 5 of them.  They played 2 with more talented players and lost both.  So really only 1 game could be blamed on coaching alone & Gary Patterson has outsmarted many coaches.  Since Texas has more talent than the next 4, I don't see why the trend of beating less talented teams most of the time has to change.  Now if they get beat soundly by KSU they may rollover, then all bets are off.

KSU just beat OU and is ranked 16th.  Their new Coach Klieman has done an amazing job quickly.  And OMG they beat Miss St!  What an accomplishment right??!!

Baylor is 8-0 and is ranked 12th.  Brewer looks awesome in that offense.  Rhule was a really good hire for them and miraculously turned them around.  They probably end the regular season with 1 loss.

To call both of these teams just "pretty good" belies a huge anti-Big XII bias.  Both would beat aggy btw.  Possibly all 4.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, Treefidy said:

TCU was dead last in passing, actually still are.  Running the ball was the only thing they could do until they played us.  

Klieman is a better coach than Herman with less talent.  He has won 7 national championships in his last 8 seasons.  

They will beat us in the trenches, they have a running QB, and I sure wouldn't bet on this game because we should win off talent alone but Herman might be losing the team.  

KSU whipped OU in the trenches.  TCU whipped UT in the trenches.  But I don't see KSU overachieving and UT's line so underachieving two games in a row.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:09 AM, Zavala said:

Counting your Herman hate statistics before it happens? 

Herman is 17-9 his first two seasons, it can be argued he inherited talent but it was a lot of guys that weren't team players. Let's let the season play out. Last year remember the QB room was fucking EMPTY. This year the DB room is a hospital.

Its  a bad argument that he inherited talent.  Strong left him nothing the year he left.  He lost all Mack's recruits his first year.  And he lost a lot of his own recruits from the two years he had well rated classes.  There is absolutely no depth on this team.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 1:29 PM, gecko said:

Generally agree (but I also thought we'd have 2 losses , maybe 3 tops)....

I think we right the ship for K-State.  I don't need a reason I just think we do.  I also think we handle Tech.  Of ISU and Baylor....Baylor is the one I could see us winning.  ISU will pick us apart and enjoy doing it.

I thought we overperformed last year and lost what little talent Strong left (especially on defense and O lines).

8-4 was about what I expected.  10-2 was possible with no injuries, but not likely.

Still think we go 8-4.  Don't have the depth or consistency to win 4 straight.  But enough to win 3/4.

• Like 1

Texas has played 6 teams with less talent, and beat 5 of them.  They played 2 with more talented players and lost both.  So really only 1 game could be blamed on coaching alone & Gary Patterson has outsmarted many coaches.  Since Texas has more talent than the next 4, I don't see why the trend of beating less talented teams most of the time has to change.  Now if they get beat soundly by KSU they may rollover, then all bets are off.

Since you swung and missed, most of the posters here agree that 3 of the last 4 teams on the schedule are better coached. Will Herman unfuck himself enough to at least get to bowl eligibility? You tell me Michelle.

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Since you swung and missed, most of the posters here agree that 3 of the last 4 teams on the schedule are better coached. Will Herman unfuck himself enough to at least get to bowl eligibility? You tell me Michelle.

Qué Cabrón!

26 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

So a guy who calls himself future man, and a guy who says all big 12 games are rigged are saying Texas wins out.  Interesting

I'm a glutton for punishment. Plus I think the team, if healthy, is good enough to win out.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to big 12 officiating because I was at the 2015 Okie Lite game and it's hung with me ever sense. Fuck this conference. Fuck Baylor. Fuck OU. 

Edited by Zavala
  • Like 1

I am not sure if Texas can manage to keep a top 10 2-deep roster given how impatient kids are these days. Only teams that are known NFL factories can get away with it. Until Texas starts developing the talent it has on campus and send enough players to the NFL, it will be tough to maintain a high caliber 2-deep team. We desperately need coaches who can develop as well as some of the lesser programs in the Big 12.

6 hours ago, MM42 said:

Pretending that our defense does not suck something awful this year and that all it takes is pretty good to easily beat us is also ridiculous.

8 hours ago, MM42 said:

3/4 of the teams left look like they are better coached.   

If you are playing with a coaching deficit, earlier games are easier to win than later games against similar opponents because, coaching.  

Good coaches watch film (the more the better) find tendencies (again, more film is better) and exploit them.  See sweaty cockroach as an example.  

Well coached teams will figure out our 8 offensive plays and what down and formations indicate.  On defense they have learned they can throw deep and often or run the edges.  Just watch out for the blitzes coming in from Round Rock or Kyle depending on play direction of course.  Maybe kneel the ball on 1st and second so they can get to the 3rd and Orlando money down.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:22 AM, bullet said:

Its  a bad argument that he inherited talent.  Strong left him nothing the year he left.  He lost all Mack's recruits his first year.  And he lost a lot of his own recruits from the two years he had well rated classes.  There is absolutely no depth on this team.

Yep, cake was not close to being baked...

450.jpg

On 10/31/2019 at 7:04 AM, Hookah Horns said:

I love that this is an edited post.

Your math is a lil fuzzy.

Yes, he had 10 losses before this season. He has 3 this season. 10+3=13.

5 losses x 3 seasons= 15.

15-13=2

He must lose 2 more to average 5 losses. 

In an hour, we'll have 4 losses this season.  That'll make 14 losses in 2.77 seasons.  That's actually 5.1 losses per season.  And we're gonna lose to OU and then probably between Texas Tech and the bowl opponent, another loss.  So that'll make 17 losses in 3 seasons.  Which is actually 6 losses per season.  Keep on with your mensa math.  You and your coach of choice are fucking idiots.  

tom herman is not charlie strong.  after the bye week we’ll be healthier and will have had a chance to catch our breath and regroup.  orlando will make adjustments to our defensive scheme because at this point he has no other choice; we’ll be better on defense because it’s not possible to be worse.  sam will finish the season on fire because he’s tough as nails and does not shrink under pressure.  herman will have these guys ready to go and we finish 9-3.  if baylor loses to OU we finish 10-3.  fight me. 

Say it again!

2 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

new prediction: we will play two more regular season games, and a bowl game, and one participating team will win one will lose in all three games. book it

we are winning out.  and for the record, 9 wins in a season is nothing to sneeze at.  we will stomp baylor and tech and steamroll the unfortunate team put in front of us in december.  9-4 is a good season, and another offseason with yancy and time to heal, we come back healthy and fucking loaded in 2020 likely making the playoff.  I can live with that. 

we are winning out.  and for the record, 9 wins in a season is nothing to sneeze at.  we will stomp baylor and tech and steamroll the unfortunate team put in front of us in december.  9-4 is a good season, and another offseason with yancy and time to heal, we come back healthy and fucking loaded in 2020 likely making the playoff.  I can live with that. 

HOOK ‘EM HIGH LIKE AN EAGLE SOARS!!!!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

9-4 is a good season at Texas Tech or Arizona State.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lobo said:

In an hour, we'll have 4 losses this season.  That'll make 14 losses in 2.77 seasons.  That's actually 5.1 losses per season.  And we're gonna lose to OU and then probably between Texas Tech and the bowl opponent, another loss.  So that'll make 17 losses in 3 seasons.  Which is actually 6 losses per season.  Keep on with your mensa math.  You and your coach of choice are fucking idiots.  

Haha sure thing, nutcase. 

• Like 1