We will win out

futureman

14 hours ago, futureman said:

we are winning out.  and for the record, 9 wins in a season is nothing to sneeze at.  we will stomp baylor and tech and steamroll the unfortunate team put in front of us in december.  9-4 is a good season, and another offseason with yancy and time to heal, we come back healthy and fucking loaded in 2020 likely making the playoff.  I can live with that. 

Futureman, I find your story simply not believable. 

we are winning out.  and for the record, 9 wins in a season is nothing to sneeze at.  we will stomp baylor and tech and steamroll the unfortunate team put in front of us in december.  9-4 is a good season, and another offseason with yancy and time to heal, we come back healthy and fucking loaded in 2020 likely making the playoff.  I can live with that. 

194660f33555f1450fca54f05eb0c63b.jpg

26 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Haha sure thing, nutcase. 

My bad, I typed OU meaning BU.  As in, we lose next week.  And then probably split with Tech and a bowl opponent.  

But you have a lot going on, so I'll forgive you.  I mean, what with the.......Ah you know...all the exciting shit.  Best of luck.

Just now, Lobo said:

My bad, I typed OU meaning BU.  As in, we lose next week.  And then probably split with Tech and a bowl opponent.  

But you have a lot going on, so I'll forgive you.  I mean, what with the.......Ah you know...all the exciting shit.  Best of luck.

What in God's name are you talking about? 

I thought you were the one who was questioning my saying Herman averages 5 losses/season.  Maybe you weren't, i dunno.  I honestly still have a hard time believing after all these years that posters remember other posters.  I had no idea this shit was so serious.  You said my math was off, but it's 5 losses/season.  I was fessing up to my mistake on the OU v. BU post from my last post.  

I think of you as often as you should think of me.  Which is to say, never.  Our coach and your math both suck.  Happy Thanksgiving though, seriously.  This country doesn't pause enough on that sacred day.

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think of you as often as you should think of me.  Which is to say, never.  Our coach and your math both suck.  Happy Thanksgiving though, seriously.  This country doesn't pause enough on that sacred day.

I pause to unbutton the waist of my pants every year. 

17 hours ago, futureman said:

9-4 is the bottom rung of acceptable seasons at Texas.  We have now left ourselves absolutely zero margin for error to get to that record.  Which is bad, because errors is what this team is best at.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:33 PM, futureman said:

tom herman is not charlie strong.  after the bye week we’ll be healthier and will have had a chance to catch our breath and regroup.  orlando will make adjustments to our defensive scheme because at this point he has no other choice; we’ll be better on defense because it’s not possible to be worse.  sam will finish the season on fire because he’s tough as nails and does not shrink under pressure.  herman will have these guys ready to go and we finish 9-3.  if baylor loses to OU we finish 10-3.  fight me. 

The OP every time he creates a new post on this board :

• Like 3

On 11/17/2019 at 1:32 AM, futureman said:

t_179.jpg

But you do you.

Just to breathe a little life into futureman’s prediction, 10 wins is actually still possible.  If Baylor loses to Kansas, we are almost certainly in the big xii ccg (assuming we beat Baylor and tech).

It’s not as unlikely as you might think.  If we beat Baylor, they could tailspin.  Kansas has les miles and won’t be going to a bowl game, so ending their season with Baylor at home will be their super bowl and they’ll play with nothing to lose.  We had Kansas in the same spot last year and nearly lost to them, and they are better this year. Then factor in that Baylor should have lost to tech and that tech literally did lose to Kansas.  “But it’d be an epic collapse of Baylor to lose to Kansas,” you might say.... well they displayed their ability to collapse epically this weekend. The dam may have already broken.

1 minute ago, Xcalibur said:

Just to breathe a little life into futureman’s prediction, 10 wins is actually still possible.  If Baylor loses to Kansas, we are almost certainly in the big xii ccg (assuming we beat Baylor and tech).

It’s not as unlikely as you might think.  If we beat Baylor, they could tailspin.  Kansas has les miles and won’t be going to a bowl game, so ending their season with Baylor at home will be their super bowl and they’ll play with nothing to lose.  We had Kansas in the same spot last year and nearly lost to them, and they are better this year. Then factor in that Baylor should have lost to tech and that tech literally did lose to Kansas.  “But it’d be an epic collapse of Baylor to lose to Kansas,” you might say.... well they displayed their ability to collapse epically this weekend. The dam may have already broken.

8:45 AM Monday for drunk surly posting, damn impressive

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, Xcalibur said:

Lmao

12 hours ago, futureman said:

well, we should beat tech, and we’ll be in a shitty bowl against a shitty team.  I think after tonight we will win out. 

You may be right CFN is predicting a matchup with the mighty FIU Panthers in the Texas Bowl

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/11/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-predictions-after-week-13