If Vince had been tackled at the 1 yard line

Michael Knight

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Would your life be any different today? Unless your name is Quan Cosby or Colt Mccoy Texas beating OSU should not in in the top 10 greatest events in your life. We watch sports for recreation to amuse ourselves if you will.

So take a step back from the ledge and literally fuck your own face. 

While I 100% agree with you and echo your sentiments that none of it--positive or negative--should affect your day-to-day life in any real capacity (and thank god for that in my case), apart from the perverse desire to have bragging rights over something that you had no direct involvement in...

...good luck to you making that point on a sports message board in the throws of meltdown.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

While I 100% agree with you and echo your sentiments that none of it--positive or negative--should affect your day-to-day life in any real capacity (and thank god for that in my case), apart from the perverse desire to have bragging rights over something that you had no direct involvement in...

...good luck to you making that point on a sports message board in the throws of meltdown.

When you die with every loss yet the wins barely register,  what's the point?

When you die with every loss yet the wins barely register,  what's the point?

Who says we died with losses and don’t give a shit about wins?

The team improved immediately after the change in coaching, and they were tougher but went from awful to mediocre/serviceable. Then to see them improve again was great. This year we regressed as we deal with injuries. Sucks and the coaches plan isn’t very good. We are predictable on offense and defense and are suffering for it. Special teams is record setting sorry. Hopefully with some recovery they can start teaching more plays and adjust the defense and add speed back to the offense. This year the #8 play is “go fuck ourselves”

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Ehlinger's four picks were the throws of meltdown.

This board is in the throes of meltdown.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Would your life be any different today? Unless your name is Quan Cosby or Colt Mccoy Texas beating OSU should not in in the top 10 greatest events in your life. We watch sports for recreation to amuse ourselves if you will.

What if you were born with a dick instead of a cunt?  Crazy, right?

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, I took a lot of acid a few years ago and was able to briefly peer into a timeline where we lost that Rose Bowl (as I believe is the spirit of this question), so I can answer this pretty definitively: VY actually returns for his senior season and we go undefeated and are wire-to-wire BCS #1, though I am killed in a head-on collision driving to the Tostitos Bowl. So, unequivocally my life would've been worse if Vince doesn't score that game-winner against USC.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

We're an overrated, over-bloated football program that thinks we're special for the last 40 years because of 3 or 4 really great seasons.  We think that way because the program mimicks who we are as people.

I can't imagine him being tackled at the one.  There was no doubt that he was going to score.  In fact, I was watching the game with a friend who had his overly-emotional son who was prone to meltdowns when things don't go his way.  Before the play, he told his kid, "We could lose the game right here, so prepare yourself."  I immediately snapped, "Are you out of your mind?  Vince Young is going to win the national championship on this play."  That kind of optimism is extremely out of character for me, but I just  knew.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't imagine him being tackled at the one.  There was no doubt that he was going to score.  In fact, I was watching the game with a friend who had his overly-emotional son who was prone to meltdowns when things don't go his way.  Before the play, he told his kid, "We could lose the game right here, so prepare yourself."  I immediately snapped, "Are you out of your mind?  Vince Young is going to win the national championship on this play."  That kind of optimism is extremely out of character for me, but I just  knew.

all 90,000+ knew once we stopped USC on 4th down Vince was going to score and win the national championship 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

If you were going to ask something like this a better question would be what if the SC defensive back would have intercepted VY's pass instead of knocking it down with a few minutes left because that could have happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I know I wouldn’t have been hammered drunk and fucked Sarah from the hooters in Pensacola in a university of west Florida dorm room if we hadn’t won. She later tried to become a playboy model but failed miserably and enjoyed her life as a hooters girl. So yes my life would have been different

4 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I know I wouldn’t have been hammered drunk and fucked Sarah from the hooters in Pensacola in a university of west Florida dorm room if we hadn’t won. She later tried to become a playboy model but failed miserably and enjoyed her life as a hooters girl. So yes my life would have been different

Lies. You would have been hammered drunk no matter what.

12 minutes ago, HookEm said:

What if Reggie Bush makes one extra cut on the last play of the game?

What if Carroll didn't stupidly call a timeout on that 2pt conversion attempt and they still had one timeout remaining. They could have tried for a FG to tie the game on that last drive with how deep they drove.