If Vince had been tackled at the 1 yard line

Michael Knight

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What if Carroll actually kept the Heisman winner on the field for that 4th down? I think this was mentioned when they did the 30 for 30 of this game and interviewed the players. It was ridiculous he was not out there even if you didn't plan on using him. That would be like Texas having Ricky Williams sidelined for the biggest play of the year on a 4th and short yardage. You have to account for Bush out there no matter what.

Also, what if Chung held onto the pretty easy pick on the very next drive? What if that late hit doesn't happen to give us the 1st down? It would have been 4th down and like 10? So many what ifs in that game. Especially Bush lateraling the ball in the 1st qtr like a dumb ass and we got the ball back. They could have easily went up 14-0 and who knows what happens from there. What if we don't fumble the punt after making USC go 3 and out and getting the ball back with great field position. It was a fucking classic game.

didn't they run a 4th down play earlier with Bush on the sideline and White ganied 8 yards up the middle? Also Chung didn't try to catch the pick, he just knocked it down.

12 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Totally disagree. White gashed us up the gut all game long for 150+ because we had to have players on the edge to account for Bush.

Except that's completely wrong. They didn't play those guys together. Here are Lendale White's rushes in the game.

4 yard TD - Bush not on field
4 yard gain - Bush not on field
9 yard gain - Bush motions and Drew Kelson has responsibility for both Bush and Leinart potential bootleg. One dude accounted for Bush and another player on the edge. Aaron Harris the Mike backer completely ignores Bush.
5 yard gain - Bush not on field
8 yard gain - Bush not on field. This was 3rd and 1 in a short yardage package. Seems relevant.
7 yard gain - Bush not on field.
4 yard gain - Bush not on field.
2 yard gain - Bush not on field.
13 yard gain - Bush motion. Cedric Griffin follows him across the formation. Once again Aaron Harris completely ignores Bush, it's clear our LBs had been coached to ignore his motions. Huff loses edge contain and then gets stiff-armed because he White runs up the middle before bouncing out.
4 yard TD - Bush not on field.
12 yard TD - Bush not on field, short yardage formation. 4th and 1.
7 yard gain - Bush split out, manned up by Ross. Doesn't really do anything on the play.
8 yard gain - Bush not on field.
15 yard gain - Bush not on field, short yardage formation, 3rd and 2.
1 yard gain - Bush not on field.
9 yard gain - Bush not on field.
3 yard gain - Bush not on field.
6 yard gain - Bush not on field (fumble recovered by Steve Smith loses a yard).
1 yard gain - The stop. Bush not on field.

Bush as a decoy helping White gain yards all game is a fake memory people made up in their heads after the game. Bush was on the field for 3 of White's 20 carries.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Except that's completely wrong. They didn't play those guys together. Here are Lendale White's rushes in the game.

9 yard gain - Bush motions and Drew Kelson has responsibility for both Bush and Leinart potential bootleg. One dude accounted for Bush and another player on the edge. Aaron Harris the Mike backer completely ignores Bush.
8 yard gain - Bush not on field. This was 3rd and 1 in a short yardage package. Seems relevant.
13 yard gain - Bush motion. Cedric Griffin follows him across the formation. Once again Aaron Harris completely ignores Bush, it's clear our LBs had been coached to ignore his motions. Huff loses edge contain and then gets stiff-armed because he White runs up the middle before bouncing out.
7 yard gain - Bush split out, manned up by Ross. Doesn't really do anything on the play.

Bush as a decoy helping White gain yards all game is a fake memory people made up in their heads after the game. Bush was on the field for 3 of White's 20 carries.

9552999378_fc798f3e1f_o.gif

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

aside from that, though

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, my favorite posts on Surly. The one were someone shows up and tells everyone definitively how they should fucking feel about any fucking thing in particular. I'm not sure what is more stupidly mystifying, a guy showing up at an NRA rally to tell them guns are bad and they should feel bad, or the hubris involved to think they're actually going to change people's minds and lizard brain emotional connections to their points of view. 

But hey, let me show up on a rabid football board to tell all you motherfuckers exactly what is what about how you feel.  

I would hardly call this place rabid I mean after all, we're Texas. I'm not telling anyone how to feel, I'm just asking them to think about how they feel.

It's just weird when you and underdog keep bringing up my kids.  Your posts about how often I post about my children literally outnumber my posts about my children.  It's fucking creepy man.  If you wanna rip on me, feel free.  But you both keep bringing up me talking about my kids and it gives me a weird vibe because I actually don't really talk about them that much.  I checked my last 50 posts, one mention of my children and it was in a context of laughing so hard that I woke up the baby under "LOL pics", kinda in the spirit of spitting coke on keyboard kinda thing.  and another mention of how I hope my oldest doesn't find out about youtube kids since she loves watching paw patrol.  And it was on the Surly Dad thread, so hopefully you'd consider that an okay forum for talking about kids.  

Anyway, I deserve all kinds of grief and shittalk and it's totally fine since this site to me is 90% make-believe, but the two of you (Particularly underdog) talk about me and my kids a kind of bizarre amount considering I mention them incredibly rarely with regard to percentage of total posts.  This whole thing is make-believe to me, but you guys give off a creepy vibe considering how few posts I make about my kids but how often underdog brings them up.  I'll chalk it up as a misunderstanding but maybe just drop the kids talk.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I would hardly call this place rabid I mean after all, we're Texas. I'm not telling anyone how to feel, I'm just asking them to think about how they feel.

Again dude, speak for yourself. "This place isn't rabid because it's full of Texas fans" is a bullshit and dismissive (and wrong, to be clear) generalization based on what...our home game environment? I devote hours and hours of my life, year round, to not only watching Texas, supporting Texas, posting on a message board with great regularity, following recruiting with a borderline manic fervor, so fuck right off with some blase wave of the hand saying I don't count as a rabid fan. Maybe in your fucking eyes. But that's my point. 

Here is your initial post:

21 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Would your life be any different today? Unless your name is Quan Cosby or Colt Mccoy Texas beating OSU should not in in the top 10 greatest events in your life. We watch sports for recreation to amuse ourselves if you will.

So take a step back from the ledge and literally fuck your own face. 

Don't tell anyone what they should count as the top 10 greatest moments in their lives. Don't tell me sports is amusement, and what forms and limits that amusement should have for me, or anyone else. Again, I devote a very large part of my life to this shit. You can think that's fucking stupid and a tragedy as much as you want, but it's my life. The list of shit people engage in on this website that I find sad is long, but I just don’t participate instead of showing up to lecture or proselytize.

And by the way, you claim you only want to ask people to think about HOW they feel, but the last sentence of your first post is to say Fuck Your Own Face, even in the jest of a movie quote, you're a pretty dense or a pretty arrogant motherfucker to come here and pretend that you're NOT telling folks that feeling more angry or reactionary or just plain differently (step off the ledge) than how you feel is wrong. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It's just weird when you and underdog keep bringing up my kids.  Your posts about how often I post about my children literally outnumber my posts about my children.  It's fucking creepy man.  If you wanna rip on me, feel free.  But you both keep bringing up me talking about my kids and it gives me a weird vibe because I actually don't really talk about them that much.  I checked my last 50 posts, one mention of my children and it was in a context of laughing so hard that I woke up the baby under "LOL pics", kinda in the spirit of spitting coke on keyboard kinda thing.  and another mention of how I hope my oldest doesn't find out about youtube kids since she loves watching paw patrol.  And it was on the Surly Dad thread, so hopefully you'd consider that an okay forum for talking about kids.  

Anyway, I deserve all kinds of grief and shittalk and it's totally fine since this site to me is 90% make-believe, but the two of you (Particularly underdog) talk about me and my kids a kind of bizarre amount considering I mention them incredibly rarely with regard to percentage of total posts.  This whole thing is make-believe to me, but you guys give off a creepy vibe considering how few posts I make about my kids but how often underdog brings them up.  I'll chalk it up as a misunderstanding but maybe just drop the kids talk.  

You’ve got me confused with someone else.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wut?

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Again dude, speak for yourself. "This place isn't rabid because it's full of Texas fans" is a bullshit and dismissive (and wrong, to be clear) generalization based on what...our home game environment? I devote hours and hours of my life, year round, to not only watching Texas, supporting Texas, posting on a message board with great regularity, following recruiting with a borderline manic fervor, so fuck right off with some blase wave of the hand saying I don't count as a rabid fan. Maybe in your fucking eyes. But that's my point. 

Here is your initial post:

Don't tell anyone what they should count as the top 10 greatest moments in their lives. Don't tell me sports is amusement, and what forms and limits that amusement should have for me, or anyone else. Again, I devote a very large part of my life to this shit. You can think that's fucking stupid and a tragedy as much as you want, but it's my life. The list of shit people engage in on this website that I find sad is long, but I just don’t participate instead of showing up to lecture or proselytize.

And by the way, you claim you only want to ask people to think about HOW they feel, but the last sentence of your first post is to say Fuck Your Own Face, even in the jest of a movie quote, you're a pretty dense or a pretty arrogant motherfucker to come here and pretend that you're NOT telling folks that feeling more angry or reactionary or just plain differently (step off the ledge) than how you feel is wrong. 

I'm not saying you can't enjoy when things go well,  I'm not saying you can't revel in victory and enjoy the lamentations of the Sooners. It's great to succeed and it's fun to win.  We have virtually 0 impact on the outcomes and are powerless to enact change. So when we fail, why get broken up about it, all that does is invite misery. Enjoy the good times and shake off the bad times. 

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I'm not saying you can't enjoy when things go well,  I'm not saying you can't revel in victory and enjoy the lamentations of the Sooners. It's great to succeed and it's fun to win.  We have virtually 0 impact on the outcomes and are powerless to enact change. So when we fail, why get broken up about it, all that does is invite misery. Enjoy the good times and shake off the bad times. 

Listen, that’s a perfectly healthy attitude. I applaud people for having it and living enjoyable lives, with well placed priorities and perspective. But you described a casual fan. 

I’m not a casual fan. I’m not Robert Deniro in The Fan, and I’m not Patton Oswalt in Big Fan, not even close. But I’m not a casual fan either. And I’m good with that. Are you the guy who wants to tell every homosexual their life would be easier if theyd just stop being so damn gay? Because that’s what you’re doing here. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't imagine him being tackled at the one.  There was no doubt that he was going to score.  In fact, I was watching the game with a friend who had his overly-emotional son who was prone to meltdowns when things don't go his way.  Before the play, he told his kid, "We could lose the game right here, so prepare yourself."  I immediately snapped, "Are you out of your mind?  Vince Young is going to win the national championship on this play."  That kind of optimism is extremely out of character for me, but I just  knew.

I knew we would win it at 26-38 with half the 4th Q gone.

14 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Better yet what if Mack & GDGD did the right thing and bled down the clock on that last drive so that Gideon wasn't even put in that position?

That was Leach's fault, not Mack's.  Mack just didn't understand how bad Leach's defenses were.

6 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

What if Craig James didn’t kill 5 hookers?

Well if we are talking about the 80s, what if the refs actually called holding on Georgia in the Cotton Bowl.

Well then Nebraska would have beaten Miami and the U would never have gone on their run.

So what if holding and Nebraska still lost?  Freddie retires about 2003 with several MNCs?

Listen, that’s a perfectly healthy attitude. I applaud people for having it and living enjoyable lives, with well placed priorities and perspective. But you described a casual fan. 

I’m not a casual fan. I’m not Robert Deniro in The Fan, and I’m not Patton Oswalt in Big Fan, not even close. But I’m not a casual fan either. And I’m good with that. Are you the guy who wants to tell every homosexual their life would be easier if theyd just stop being so damn gay? Because that’s what you’re doing here. 

Your life would be easier if you weren’t so damn gay.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can we pray the mediocrity away?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bullet said:

Well if we are talking about the 80s, what if the refs actually called holding on Georgia in the Cotton Bowl.

Well then Nebraska would have beaten Miami and the U would never have gone on their run.

So what if holding and Nebraska still lost?  Freddie retires about 2003 with several MNCs?

What is Simms didn't melt down like a fucking pussy and we crush Colorado like we should have and got a shot at Miami in 2001? Hell, what if we don't rough the punter and get the ball back with a chance to win instead of giving Colorado a new set of downs? Every damn thing went our way to end the year that put us in that game with a chance to win and go to the national championship and we fucking blow it.