2019-20 EFL Cup (League Cup (Carabao Cup))

Huckleberry

This competition deserves a thread of its own. It is clearly the most sacred and beloved of all English trophies. Liverpool has won this trophy the most times in history with 8, but Manchester City is hot on their heels with their 6th victory coming last season.

I don't think it's overstating things to say that both clubs would gladly forfeit their league and Champions League seasons for a guaranteed EFL Cup title.

Today and tomorrow's matches:

Burton Albion vs. Leicester City - All good and right-thinking fans are obviously pulling for Burton Albion.
Crawley Town vs. Colchester United - The battle of Goliaths as they are drawn together here in the 4th round. I think it's awesome there will definitely be a League 2 club in the quarters.
Everton vs. Watford - Cheer for Watford I guess. Don't really care, so have at it.
Manchester City vs. Southampton - THIS IS OBVIOUS YOU KNOBS CHEER FOR CITY THEY ARE THE GREATEST
Oxford United vs. Sunderland - League 1 battle. Cool. Go for Sunderland, because they used to have Claudio Reyna or something.
Liverpool vs. Arsenal - Great matchup here. I hope the best team wins. Or Arsenal. Either way.
Aston Villa vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers - Can't decide. I'll go with AV here because they're cool.
Cheslea vs. Manchester United - Unlike City, Liverpool, and Arsenal, Chelsea is fortunate to have avoided a top tier opponent in this round. They should take advantage.

When is everyone leaving work to go watch today's matches? Where's the biggest watch party? I know the bigger matches are tomorrow but you guys can't seriously expect me to believe you're not amped about Crawley Town vs. Colchester United.

THREEPEAT!!! LET'S DO THIS CITY!!!

• Like 2

Time for the gut-wrenching agony of a penalty shootout in Liverpool. I can't imagine the nerves when the entire season rests on the outcome of such a seemingly random exercise. Win the shootout and the dream survives. Lose and it's a crushing blow to the entire club's psyche as they then have to settle for the second-rate scraps of a league title, continental crown, and/or FA Cup championship.