PlayStation Vue Shutting Down Service Jan 30th, 2020

LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Oh man, that really sucks. It's been our go to. I hate traditional tv. 

Yeah, just saw announcement on CNBC that Vue is shutting down.

Guess the following streaming options left, but not sure of LHN availability??

DirectTV Now      2.5mill subscribers

SlingTV.               2.5mill

YouTubeTV          1.5mill

Edited by LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is that in the event they don't find a buyer or did Sony just say fuck it?

I never cut the cord because our intergoogles cost enough to make it a wash, but I certainly liked their channel selection.

Only 500k VUE subscribers, so they said FUCK IT

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, just saw announcement on CNBC that Vue is shutting down.

Guess the following streaming options left, but not sure of LHN availability??

DirectTV Now      2.5mill subscribers

SlingTV.               2.5mill

YouTubeTV          1.5mill

YouTubeTV is great, but it does not have LHN or NFL Red Zone.

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is that in the event they don't find a buyer or did Sony just say fuck it?

I never cut the cord because our intergoogles cost enough to make it a wash, but I certainly liked their channel selection.

I cut the cord 5 years ago and saved a shit ton, but internet was cheap.  Now I don't really think I am saving much at all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ellellelle said:

At&t is killing off direct TV now. I'm still holding onto my sub but they're trying to price everyone off. Afaik for sports, only YouTube TV and sling are good options. You should be able to use your ESPN login to get lhn in their app but it's an extra step.

I haven’t gotten anything from att about killing their service. Just the recent rebranding to att tv. 

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I haven’t gotten anything from att about killing their service. Just the recent rebranding to att tv. 

Rebranding to ATT TV Now.  Price hikes next month.  Will eventually merge into HBO Max 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Rebranding to ATT TV Now.  Price hikes next month.  Will eventually merge into HBO Max 

it's the same thing they did with their IPTV u-verse service. it was either switch to directv or deal with price hikes. strange way of doing business rather than trying to bridge a gap, but it's at&t, so...

16 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Oops. If I'm reading the email correctly current subscribers will get the bulk of January for free as December will be the last time they bill.

Correct. Unless I find a solution I absolutely love.. I'm sticking with it till then. 

30 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Oops. If I'm reading the email correctly current subscribers will get the bulk of January for free as December will be the last time they bill.

Glad Vue is on thru all of CFB Season....

Streaming wars for subscribers are gonna make the next year or so interesting...

10 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

Adding the PlayStation branding to this hurt them. I had a conversation with some guys at work the other day about streaming services when I threw in my vote for PS Vue and all of them were under the impression you had to have a PS to use it.

This is also my take.  The PlayStation branding was the cause.  When I had this initially (before I switched to DirecTV NOW), I got a lot of "oh I didn't know you had a PlayStation!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DallasHorn26 said:

Adding the PlayStation branding to this hurt them. I had a conversation with some guys at work the other day about streaming services when I threw in my vote for PS Vue and all of them were under the impression you had to have a PS to use it.

I honestly thought that's what it was until this thread.

16 hours ago, TornACL said:

Damnit, you fuckers. Vue is awesome.  

I can't believe the number of streaming subscribers is so low. Would have figured it was much higher than that by now. 

HORRIBLY marketing.. anyone I mentioned it to said, well I don't have a playstation. 

One thing I won't miss will be their horrible website if you ever had issues with a payment.  

34 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Gah

Well I'm not going back to DirecATT or whatever it's called now.

YoutubeTV appears to be the popular choice

Hulu+ still exist?

I've successfully weaned my family off of cable Television, so maybe I just sling it.

YouTube TV seems to be the most popular.  I tried Hulu Live TV but didn't enjoy it on my FireTV.  The UI was not very user friendly. 

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

YouTube TV seems to be the most popular.  I tried Hulu Live TV but didn't enjoy it on my FireTV.  The UI was not very user friendly. 

I'm sticking with ATT TV Now because I'm still grandfathered in at $25 (soon to be $35/mo) with free HBO.  Still can't beat that price.  The only one that comes close, for me, is to roll my Hulu (no ads) in with Hulu Live TV for $50/mo.  

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hulu:UI::Sony:Branding

It is as baffling as Sony calling their streaming TV service "Playstation!" that Hulu continues to not fix their UI.

This really sucks. I was so happy when I got to cut the cord from fucking Frontier. I had Verizon but it has sucked since Frontier took over. Cut the cable and Vue has been great, so much sports. And I agree about the branding I had to research it before I chose it because I didn’t want to have to buy a PlayStation.

I don’t think there are any current options that give me what I had with Vue.

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

This really sucks. I was so happy when I got to cut the cord from fucking Frontier. I had Verizon but it has sucked since Frontier took over. Cut the cable and Vue has been great, so much sports. And I agree about the branding I had to research it before I chose it because I didn’t want to have to buy a PlayStation.

I don’t think there are any current options that give me what I had with Vue.

What options are you specifically looking for. 

Go here.. and select what channels you want and see what you can get. 

https://www.suppose.tv/tv

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msudawg said:

HORRIBLY marketing.. anyone I mentioned it to said, well I don't have a playstation. 

This is very true. The weird part is that the video quality was better when I logged in via the mobile app and beamed it to my computer.

Edited by TornACL

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Only 5 more football seasons and hopefully the days of needing to know who carries the LHN are over.  Can't wait for our games to all be back on channels every provider carries.

You're going to be very disappointed about where live sports broadcasting is headed in the next 5 years.