The Worst City In Every State

Vic Mackey

12 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

El Paso anyone?

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Harlingen needs to be in the discussion.

Woah there, Son. I grew up close enough to Lima to hear the gunfire. And Lima > Dayton.

But can we agree Youngstown and East Cleveland are worse than both?

Other than the horrible horrible air quality, El Paso isn't so bad.

And anyone claiming Harlingen is worst, but not McAllen or Brownsville is suspect.

• Like 1

Bullshit:

Dallas, TX: I would nominate Beaumont, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, and about 20 other places before I get to Dallas. 

Birmingham, AL: Pretty much anything in AL is rough but there are some very cool spots in Birmingham as compared to other cities there that have nothing but racism and poverty

Spokane, WA: WTF? Spokane is a pretty cool town, beautiful setting. If you're going to shit on somewhere in WA I'm surprised they didn't pull Tacoma or Yakima

Kalihi, HI: It's not even a city. It's in the middle of Honolulu. 

Correct: 

Pueblo, CO

Camden, NJ

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

"Based on some guy's instagram followers responses"- What could possibly go wrong.

Several of those cities aren't even in the top 10 worst in those states. 

Yeah, exactly.

Virginia Beach sucks ass, but it's not even in the bottom half of the worst of the state, much less THE worst.

10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Graham is North Carolina's rock bottom.

I haven't lived in North Carolina since 1994, but from what I remember, Gastonia is one of the shittiest shitholes in that state, so its designation on this map is not that far off.  Fayetteville (a/k/a Fayettenam) is also a pretty big pile of excrement.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I haven't lived in North Carolina since 1994, but from what I remember, Gastonia is one of the shittiest shitholes in that state, so its designation on this map is not that far off.  Fayetteville (a/k/a Fayettenam) is also a pretty big pile of excrement.

Fayettenam is in Arkansas.  Been there.  We won. Not going back.  

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Picking on Gastonia seems like picking on Manor to me. Sure, it's a poor suburb of a city that it doesn't really have much in common with, but it's not like it's intentionally shitty or anything. Graham is were the KKK folk who are wealthy enough to be able to eat at restaurants where black people live, but don't want to actually live with them choose to live.

And Fayetteville, NC, is certainly a blah little burg, there's no question. But I'd call it bottom 10%, just not necessarily bottom 1%.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

And everyone falls for the clickbait. 

No shit. Obvious troll bait too. City trash talk can be fun but “worst” city in Texas for Dallas is laughably stupid even by clickbait troll standards.

Edited by 'stache

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol Mesa is a 5 minute drive away from Scottsdale, one of the most beautiful cities in Arizona. Queen Creek or Apache Junction are a lot worse in the Phoenix area alone. Then there’s the rest of the state outside of Sedona, and Tucson. 

I know people who named one of their daughters Mesa, presumably because of its Americanized use to describe a flatland. 

I wonder, but will never ask, if they know it means table. I also wonder what reaction she will get if she ever visits a Spanish speaking country or even a Hispanic neighborhood. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know people who named one of their daughters Mesa, presumably because of its Americanized use to describe a flatland. 

I wonder, but will never ask, if they know it means table. I also wonder what reaction she will get if she ever visits a Spanish speaking country or even a Hispanic neighborhood. 

Maybe they were going for Mensa, but were too stupid to spell it correctly.

44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

No shit. Obvious troll bait too. City trash talk can be fun but “worst” city in Texas for Dallas is laughably stupid even by clickbait troll standards.

Internet is serious business bro! Especially polls with people's opinions. Hence why the thread is in Lulz. But hey, take an Instagram poll serious if you like.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Internet is serious business bro! Especially polls with people's opinions. Hence why the thread is in Lulz. But hey, take an Instagram poll serious if you like.

So what are best BBQ restaurants in each state?  Dickey’s for Texas? 

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

And anyone claiming Harlingen is worst, but not McAllen or Brownsville is suspect.

Yeah, my parents lived in Harlingen for several years.  While it was after I was in college, so I was never a true resident, I've spent enough time down there to know that Harlingen is one of the better towns in the Valley (understanding that's a low bar).

17 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, my parents lived in Harlingen for several years.  While it was after I was in college, so I was never a true resident, I've spent enough time down there to know that Harlingen is one of the better towns in the Valley (understanding that's a low bar).

I lived in the RGV for an eternity in hell 4 years. Low bar is pretty fucking low.

2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Bullshit:

Birmingham, AL: Pretty much anything in AL is rough but there are some very cool spots in Birmingham as compared to other cities there that have nothing but racism and poverty

Montgomery is infinitely worse than Birmingham. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Other than the horrible horrible air quality, El Paso isn't so bad.

I grew up in the RGV and Harlingen is probably one of the better places along with McAllen.  It's the outlying smaller towns that have issues and mostly they involve corruption. I mean it's very much like Chicago/Illinois  like corruption down there. 

There are more than a handful of places in McAllen where if you didn't know you were in South Texas, you'd think you were in (fill in the blank) upper to middle class suburb, Texas . Same goes for some of the shopping venues you won't find in Corpus, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Collie Station or a number of other shit holes here in Texas.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I could handle the RGV.  It is a sportsman's paradise.  

Not as much as it used to be back in the day.  Development has taken over some of the good hunting areas such as where citrus orchards used to be located.   Plus it's hard to hunt dove or quail close to the river now thanks to the border mess.   Used to be you could ride the back dirt roads and not be bothered or worry about being shot at from someone across the river.   It's not happening as much as it was a few years ago, but I still wouldn't chance it.  

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

So not Delhi then?

El paso had the worst air in Texas today('cept for @Brisket's post lunch location of course)    when it was pretty clean throughout the state.  The area south and west of Wichita Falls has some of the best air in Texas on average.  Couldn't find the database that showed that.

3 minutes ago, zork said:

El paso had the worst air in Texas today('cept for @Brisket's post lunch location of course)    when it was pretty clean throughout the state.  The area south and west of Wichita Falls has some of the best air in Texas on average.  Couldn't find the database that showed that.

Cooper Breaks State Park out by Quanah is also a Dark Sky area where stargazing is optimal.

Edited by SimonBolivar

10 hours ago, Parliament said:

Woah there, Son. I grew up close enough to Lima to hear the gunfire. And Lima > Dayton.

But can we agree Youngstown and East Cleveland are worse than both?

Living in the area, I agree that Youngstown is the worst in Ohio. East Cleveland has to be the most depressed in the country, but it's a suburb and the city of Cleveland is working to annex it to help it out.

5 hours ago, lateshow said:

Montgomery is infinitely worse than Birmingham. 

In Montgomery there is a tiny sliver of land near Huntingdon College where one could cling to civilization like the last person on an island chain crumbling into a rising tide of Montgomery-ness.

But in general, if you stuck me in Montgomery, I'd walk to Birmingham. Hell, I'd walk to Selma. Selma's got crime, but it's happy friendly how's-your-mama-doin type crime.

• Like 3