The Worst City In Every State

Vic Mackey

7 minutes ago, NIUHuskies said:

East St. Louis is an all timer. Other Illinois cities Metropolis, Brooklyn, and Effingham 

Paducah for Kentucky.

Pigeon Forge for Tennessee.

Lake Charles for Louisiana.

West Memphis for Arkansas.

Kingsville for Texas.

Moore for Oklahoma.

West Memphis is high in the running for the entire country 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Picking on Gastonia seems like picking on Manor to me. Sure, it's a poor suburb of a city that it doesn't really have much in common with, but it's not like it's intentionally shitty or anything. Graham is were the KKK folk who are wealthy enough to be able to eat at restaurants where black people live, but don't want to actually live with them choose to live.

And Fayetteville, NC, is certainly a blah little burg, there's no question. But I'd call it bottom 10%, just not necessarily bottom 1%.

Gastonia was a shithole for decades before CLT got large enough to consider Gastonia the outer most burb.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:
Bettendorf or Davenport, IA (the quad-cities area also includes the equally shitty Moline and Rock Island, IL)
See above for IL 
Williston, ND
Huron, SD
I’ve been to MN enough to know it’s not Edina
Cut Bank, MT (maybe it was Shelby...it was on the Rez)

Ok but every city in the state hates edina.

Edina's full of snobs & faux millionaires. And yes, your douchebag facebook friend from ND would totally live there. But Bemidji, Fridley  and St. Cloud are just a few cities that laugh at Edina being the worst in MN. They've got it beat in spades.

19 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Edina's full of snobs & faux millionaires. And yes, your douchebag facebook friend from ND would totally live there. But Bemidji, Fridley  and St. Cloud are just a few cities that laugh at Edina being the worst in MN. They've got it beat in spades.

I suspect that some dump up north on the lake in the Duluth vicinity, if not Duluth itself, is ready to run for the money. Maybe that's Bemidji, but I thought it was a hunting and fishing spot.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suspect that some dump up north on the lake in the Duluth vicinity, if not Duluth itself, is ready to run for the money. Maybe that's Bemidji, but I thought it was a hunting and fishing spot.

Waite Park is pretty sucky. When your main source of metropolitan pride is a place called "Quarry Park" you are either a sucky city, or a community of Flinstones impersonators. Or maybe both.

23 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Victoria is worse than Lubbock. Take Lubbock and remove the sophistication, tolerance, intellectuals and natural beauty and you’re left with Victoria.

Eh, Victoria is a bland hole in the wall city. Lubbock is a flat barren wasteland that smells of cow shit. Neither have sophistication, tolerance or intellectuals but regarding landscape Victoria is prettier than Lubbock.

Neither are the worst cities though, Beaumont and Killeen are battling for 1st place.

East Grand Forks had a giant, stinking beet plant, so maybe it can be in contention?

Duluth is a fine town.

I think the tourist parts of Duluth are fine and stuff... but it's still losing people i believe.

I've actually never been to bemidji despite being 2.5 hours away. Lots of outdoorsy things but super close to some tough reservations.

Rl s t8 would thrive in edina but when he goes to Mpls StP, it's always downtown to take pictures of buildings weve all seen 100 times

16 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I think the tourist parts of Duluth are fine and stuff... but it's still losing people i believe.

I've actually never been to bemidji despite being 2.5 hours away. Lots of outdoorsy things but super close to some tough reservations.

Rl s t8 would thrive in edina but when he goes to Mpls StP, it's always downtown to take pictures of buildings weve all seen 100 times

What about Plymouth? Where your soul goes to die

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

East Grand Forks had a giant, stinking beet plant, so maybe it can be in contention?

Duluth is a fine town.

I agree about Duluth. It’s an old town, but kinda cool. My cousin owned a small resort less than an hour from Duluth in Lake Superior.

Worthington and Moorhead, MN don’t impress me, but I’m sure there are worse places in the state. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

There are plenty of significantly worse towns in the South than those listed. It’s more a list of name the shittiest town most people would recognize. On the Illinois debate, there is no place more depressing and shitty in IL than Metropolis.

PA has some decent mexican food, Tony's bbq for lunch isnt bad and a damn great shipley's

Well, ok, but most cities in Texas have at least a couple of those things. Downtown port Arthur is a fucking wasteland (even if Motiva renovates the World Trade Building and old post office building. Still have a ton of crumbling and abandoned buildings including the tallest in town, the Hotel Sabine. The largest refinery in the US is in half the towns front yard. It’s too close to shitty Louisiana. When you want to get all uppity and metropolitan, you have to go to Beaumont...motherfucking Beaumont.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:
17 hours ago, G650 said:
I actually just noticed Spokane was on there. I thought that was pretty interesting spot the one time I was there.

The rest of the state calls it Spokompton. So there's that.

Yeah, I've only spent a grand total of 24 hours there so I don't have a lot of data, it just didn't seem all that bad. Mainly a stereotypical western mining town with old brick building fronts etc.. Beyond the usual city denizens most of the locals looked like Gabby Johnson from Blazing Saddles 

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yeah, I've only spent a grand total of 24 hours there so I don't have a lot of data, it just didn't seem all that bad. Mainly a stereotypical western mining town with old brick building fronts etc.. Beyond the usual city denizens most of the locals looked like Gabby Johnson from Blazing Saddles 

Ive been a dozen times, for work.  Yes the DT area is folksy and leans on yesteryear.  It is a lot like Lubbock on the east side (the side my work is on). As far as killings and whatnot, I have no idea.  Thats what the WA people call it. The drive from Seattle is beautiful for 75% of the 250 mile drive. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NIUHuskies said:

East St. Louis is an all timer. Other Illinois cities Metropolis, Brooklyn, and Effingham 

Paducah for Kentucky.

Pigeon Forge for Tennessee.

Lake Charles for Louisiana.

West Memphis for Arkansas.

Kingsville for Texas.

Moore for Oklahoma.

Yeah, East St. Louis is worse than the Quad Cities. Way worse. I wasn’t thinking. 

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
11 hours ago, 6th Street said:
What about Plymouth? Where your soul goes to die

I didn't know people visited Plymouth... it's just kinda there

I was close to landing a job in MPLS earlier this year. Bunch of the people at the company lived in Plymouth and Maple Grove. From what I saw it was about as cookie cutter as it gets which sucks because the MPLS city is actually really cool with a lot of character - bike trails, lakes, beach, bars, coffee shops, etc. 

10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I got gasoline and a Slurpee in North Little Rock once. I imagine that was probably the best the town had to offer.

The Argenta district in North Little Rock has done a complete revitalization and is pretty cool now. Around Dickey-Stephens Park.  Venture away from that, and yeah it doesn't have much going for it. 

Edited by lateshow

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Everything in southern Arkansas sucks donkey boner

same can be said for eastern, western and northern Arkansas 

Better throw most of East Texas in there with southern Arkansas, cuz it's the same place, without the geography around Hot Springs.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Ive been a dozen times, for work.  Yes the DT area is folksy and leans on yesteryear.  It is a lot like Lubbock on the east side (the side my work is on). As far as killings and whatnot, I have no idea.  Thats what the WA people call it. The drive from Seattle is beautiful for 75% of the 250 mile drive. 

Roger that, I'll put the east side of Spokane on my do not go list.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:33 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Gainseville

Temple

San Angelo

Are all shit holes.

I’m the only person on this board from Gainesville so I take this personally....

yet you’re correct, my hometown sucks and adding a Chick-fil-A doesn’t help it

Lexington is actually the best city in Kentucky and it's not really close. How you gonna hate on a city full of college chicks and where the principal industries are whiskey, gambling/horses, and cigarettes?

Whoever made that list must have gone to Louisville, because as mentioned, saying Lexington is the worst city in the state is like saying Austin is the worst city in a state that includes Lufkin and Marshall and Longview.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Neither East Texas nor even northern Louisiana can touch southern Arkansas for rural squalor. It's like there's a state law mandating a minimum number of rusted out appliances and clapped-out trucks every shack must have in its yard up there. 

Northern Alabama is a lot like that. From the Georgia border to as far into the state as I had the misfortune to have to travel on client visits several years ago, I saw nothing but people whose entire economy consisted of selling used hubcaps to their neighbors.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:52 AM, CooterBrown said:

For Texas and keeping it with cities with a pop of over 50K, my bottom 10 would probably be:

• Harlingen

Meet me in Gutierrez Park sometime for a shank fight, wiso. 

On 10/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

And anyone claiming Harlingen is worst, but not McAllen or Brownsville is suspect.

McAllen is developed as hell. Like someone else said, it's Anytown, USA nowadays. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:48 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

I lived in the RGV for an eternity in hell 4 years. Low bar is pretty fucking low.

I would also like to extend my shank fight offer to you. Find me another place in the country with such high levels of poverty and such low levels of violent crime. 

On 10/31/2019 at 8:21 AM, Parliament said:

Harlingen needs to be in the discussion.

It's 40x better than Ohio's best city.