The Worst City In Every State

Vic Mackey

14 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Lexington is actually the best city in Kentucky and it's not really close. How you gonna hate on a city full of college chicks and where the principal industries are whiskey, gambling/horses, and cigarettes?

Whoever made that list must have gone to Louisville, because as mentioned, saying Lexington is the worst city in the state is like saying Austin is the worst city in a state that includes Lufkin and Marshall and Longview.

DenzelTrainingDay.gif

23 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

What does Wichita Falls have outside of tornadoes and Okies?

A Pat Metheny album title.

I don't think I've been to enough towns outside of Kansas to have a qualified opinion on most states and I've only been to about ten towns in South Dakota but Pine Ridge has to be the correct answer for that state.  I may have been to poorer towns, I may have been to more crime ridden towns, I may have been to more boring towns but I've never been to a more depressing town.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m the only person on this board from Gainesville so I take this personally....

yet you’re correct, my hometown sucks and adding a Chick-fil-A doesn’t help it

My wife is from a small town in southern Kansas so the only time I go through Gainesville is on that journey.

The times we have stopped there it just seems so depressing like Temple but smaller.

Sorry I dogged your hometown though.

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Lexington is actually the best city in Kentucky and it's not really close. How you gonna hate on a city full of college chicks and where the principal industries are whiskey, gambling/horses, and cigarettes?

Whoever made that list must have gone to Louisville, because as mentioned, saying Lexington is the worst city in the state is like saying Austin is the worst city in a state that includes Lufkin and Marshall and Longview.

Berea and that ass backwards town would like a word with you.

Cairo, IL?  Really?  A town whose only sin is that it was built behind levees around Civil War times, at the confluence of two massive rivers and due to flooding, has largely been abandoned (only about 2,000 people still live there).  
A half-dozen Chicago suburbs (mainly to the Southwest) have some of the highest violent crime rates in the country, rampant unemployment, and are rusted-out shitholes.  But yeah, let's pick on some people who lost everything with the 2011 floods.  
Also pos rep to Fremont, Nebraska.  When we went up to see Texas win the 2002 CWS, my buddy that was going through a separation drove us over there to Nebraska's "Premiere Gentlemen's Club."  Yeah, it got weird that night.  But great little town.  

East St Louis would like a word with you.

17 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

My wife is from a small town in southern Kansas so the only time I go through Gainesville is on that journey.

The times we have stopped there it just seems so depressing like Temple but smaller.

Sorry I dogged your hometown though.

Ehh, I hate that town and got out as quickly as I could.  Parents and other relatives still live there, so I go back pretty often.  The problem with Gainesville is what you see from i-35.  When you go into the town, there’s lots of shops on the courthouse square (still some of the original brick roads from the 1800s), lots of Victorian style homes that haven’t been torn down and are in great condition, and the city won some national award for being the most patriotic small town or some shit like that. 

The win star has “forced” Gainesville to grow, and that’s nothing but a good thing.  But I’ve been begging my parents to leave for the last 20 years.  I think they will in the next few, which is surprising. 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:40 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Lots of wrong on that map

No way it's Dallas, add the Golden Triangle cities to the list of alternatives

Flint gets lots of publicity, and rightfully so, but Benton Harlem (Harbor) deserves mention as does River Rouge with Zug Island.

Chicago should be on the list if for no other reason than South Chicago and being a suburb of Gary Indiana

I don't know where Manitowoc, WI is but Milwaukee needs mention

There are worse places in Ohio than Dayton, Lima comes to mind

tl:dr shitty list is shitty

If CHI should be on the list for its shittiest parts and a city that’s 40 miles away in another state, then pretty much every big city should be on the list.  NYC <> Newark etc

Also, there’s a bunch of cities with higher per capita murder rates than CHI - including 2 in your state.  Lol

So basically your list would be even shittier.  Congrats?

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, elfenix said:

wtf is a turkey creek?  sure as fuck isn't a city

First thing I noticed on an otherwise accurate map. Has 400 people in it. I'm sure it sucks like everything else in Central Louisiana but it ain't a city. And Louisiana has plenty of actual cities that suck.  Shreveport is the clear answer. It's a city, and it sucks so bad it may be the overall worst city in the USA.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:20 AM, lateshow said:

100% yes. I think y'all are discounting how much Pine Bluff really, really sucks. And it stinks from all the paper mills.

It does, but I can tell you've never been to Bastrop or Monroe LA

23 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Neither East Texas nor even northern Louisiana can touch southern Arkansas for rural squalor. It's like there's a state law mandating a minimum number of rusted out appliances and clapped-out trucks every shack must have in its yard up there. 

You need to try harder in LA....trust me, its there.

Louisiana is damn near throw a rock and hit shit.  Imagine St. Louis, as a whole state.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

First thing I noticed on an otherwise accurate map. Has 400 people in it. I'm sure it sucks like everything else in Central Louisiana but it ain't a city. And Louisiana has plenty of actual cities that suck.  Shreveport is the clear answer. It's a city, and it sucks so bad it may be the overall worst city in the USA.

I second Shreveport.  I'd rather have gonorrhea than go back to Shreveport.

8 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Ohio is Shreveport with shittier weather.  A few dozen dumps that qualify.  

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:30 AM, Lobo said:

Cairo, IL?  Really?  A town whose only sin is that it was built behind levees around Civil War times, at the confluence of two massive rivers and due to flooding, has largely been abandoned (only about 2,000 people still live there).  

That's that town's only sin? Google the William James lynching. 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Birmingham is nowhere near as bad as people who've never been there make it out to be.  Memphis is poor and violent -- New Orleans without the architecture, history, and cuisine (beyond pigmeat BBQ) -- but it's pretty cool anyway. Clarksville, on the other hand, is the Killeen of Tennessee. 

Yep.  I get the joy of visiting Clarksville at least once a year as my wife is from there.  It really is a shithole.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

In the late 80's I worked for a trucking company that had a terminal in Lexington. It was at an industrial park in the middle of a bunch of horse ranches. Just unbelievably beautiful.

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Ohio is Shreveport with shittier weather.  A few dozen dumps that qualify.  

I've been to a few places in Ohio unfortunately.  Still, Shreveport is worse.  There's almost nothing like it except for Bossier City which is the "rich" side of Shreveport while also having no economic opportunity and an average income well below the poverty line. 

Cleveland has some charm. Toledo and Dayton too. Most of Louisiana is on a whole other level of miserable. Shreveport is the worst of a lot of places in LA and the south in general, IMO.  Only place worth a shit in the state is New Orleans. To be fair though, New Orleans is pretty awesome even though it also sucks economically.  Ohio has no equivalent to save it.  

36 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Roma, TX is by far the most godforsaken strip of dust, plastic shopping bags and blown tire debris in this great nation.  It's so bad they have tick infestation signs triangulating the place.  Even Mexico wouldn't take it back. 

I’ll give you that one. By definition it’s in the valley but most valley folks have never been there, unless they pass through it to go to Laredo. Lots of 8 liner gaming rooms, & lots of cockfighting and dogfighting rings out there though. 

Roma is an interesting place.  When I was in Junior High and High School (1980s) ,  Roma was the only valley town that didn't field a football program.   They put all their efforts into basketball and actually had some good teams who competed on the state level which is rare for a valley school.  Anyhow my first recollection of going there was getting to the school for game one day and their big nice basketball gym was in the middle of run down neighborhood with dirt streets which even as a valley kid was kind of shock considering the poverty up and down the valley, but most other towns didn't place their schools right in the middle of the poorer hoods.   But man they packed in the gym like many towns down there and elsewhere pack it in for Friday Night lights.    They finally added football sometime in the 90's.    Roma does have a storied history as well as it's neighbor to east in Rio Grande City going back to Spanish rule in Texas.  Both towns were important trade routes when the Rio Grande was navigable river and Ft Ringgold in Rio Grande City was a major army outpost.   And Rio also had a damn good Mexican food place back in the day, but I can't recall it's name.  

San Diego (Texas to not get if confused with other San Diegos) is kind of similar.  One of my boys had a basketball tourney there a few years ago and it's almost like Roma.  They have very nice  school facilities thanks to taxes revenue from oil and gas , but the town is still feeling the effects decades later from the fall out of the Parr family corruption.   You can tell by driving around the little town had it's day before those crooks earned their place in Texas history.  The streets are like the surface of the moon and the major sales tax generators are probably Dollar General, a small supermarket, DQ and a Circle K.    What was once downtown has buildings collapsing and it's a very sad sight to see.