The Worst City In Every State

Vic Mackey

18 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Not really a city, but if we are going there then I offer up Ft Stockton

They are out west with a lot of cool shit around and the weather is better out there.  East Texas and Golden Triangle win this for Texas easy.

South Texas is full of shit holes, but you are at least close to great hunting and Mexico plus the Mexican food.  East Texas sucks.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

They are out west with a lot of cool shit around and the weather is better out there.  East Texas and Golden Triangle win this for Texas easy.

South Texas is full of shit holes, but you are at least close to great hunting and Mexico plus the Mexican food.  East Texas sucks.

Yeah.  I have to say some city located in the armpit of Texas is probably the worst.

There was a decent burger joint in Ft. Stockton three decades ago, if I'm remembering rightly.

Meanwhile, if you've ever spent at least five minutes in Van Horn, you know true West Texas desperation. It's not big enough to really qualify for this discussion, but hell, if you're going to throw Ft. Stockton under the wagon wheels, you can't just let Van Horn slide.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:29 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Can confirm ND and Minnesota is very accurate

Edina is a bland soulless suburb, but there are considerably shittier places in Minnesota.  Austin, Red Lake Reservation, the Iron Range, etc.

They missed Iowa badly as well.  Cedar Rapids is actually pretty cool for a town it's size.  Waterloo, Ft. Dodge, Muscatine, Ottumwa, are all much shittier.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 9:49 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Bettendorf or Davenport, IA (the quad-cities area also includes the equally shitty Moline and Rock Island, IL)

See above for IL 

Williston, ND

Huron, SD

I’ve been to MN enough to know it’s not Edina

Cut Bank, MT (maybe it was Shelby...it was on the Rez)

You haven't been to Ottumwa, I take it.

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Edina is a bland soulless suburb, but there are considerably shittier places in Minnesota.  Austin, Red Lake Reservation, the Iron Range, etc.

They missed Iowa badly as well.  Cedar Rapids is actually pretty cool for a town it's size.  Waterloo, Ft. Dodge, Muscatine, Ottumwa, are all much shittier.

Isn't Red Lake the town the Washington Post reporter called the worst city in America and ended up moving there?

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My dad grew up in Red Lake Falls.

Lots of East TX is quite pretty. Pine forests and rolling hills. National Forests that I assume are still open for hunting. Caddo Lake. But, definitely had my fill of being Behind the Pine Curtain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

But you could buy them all up and burn them as part of a totally awesome baby lucifer celebration in the town square you now own every December 25th.

I was Thinking more of chasing some Church of Christ whores, but that’ll work too...

Edited by Iceman

Worst place I've ever been was Duncan, OK. It was 115 degrees, there were wasps the size of hummingbirds. I got a speeding ticket in a blind speed trap, that they literally looked me up 7-8 years later to pay with what must have been a 4x markup (had no intentions of ever stepping foot in that state again so didn't pay). Nowhere to eat other than Golden Corral. And my phone got killed by a faulty hotel cup on the nightstand and I had to drive to Wichita Falls to find a Best Buy and get a new phone. 

I've been to Flint, at least they have a Hooters. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, irishtexan said:

If someone offered you a billion dollars, but you could never leave the city limits of Abilene for the rest of your life, would you take it?

Great question. The answer would be no for any city for me. Being able to own private jets and not travel would be torture...even more so than just being stuck in Abilene.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

All of this talk about Roma and RGC has me reminiscing about a couple of trips down to Eagle Pass where I figured I was going to die. Around age 14. It later became the huffing capital of the nation. Here's photo of two carnies wrestling in downtown Eagle Pass. 
maxresdefault.jpg
At best eagle pass is NW valley, but back in the late 90s before 9/11 and cartels that was my favorite trip. Loved going down there and selling shit to the ford plant in nuevo Laredo, and basically hanging with customers who were and are friends today.

Had a good time with a aggy customer doing dumb shit like putting opposing stickers on bumpers and such. RIP Patrick...

Lots of East TX is quite pretty. Pine forests and rolling hills. National Forests that I assume are still open for hunting. Caddo Lake. But, definitely had my fill of being Behind the Pine Curtain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s not the scenery that is the problem. It mostly has to do with economics, amenities and who lives there. When a place has the highest incidence of proudly flying the confederate battle flag, then that place most likely sucks because the people suck.

At best eagle pass is NW valley, but back in the late 90s before 9/11 and cartels that was my favorite trip. Loved going down there and selling shit to the ford plant in nuevo Laredo, and basically hanging with customers who were and are friends today.

Had a good time with a aggy customer doing dumb shit like putting opposing stickers on bumpers and such. RIP Patrick...

I know you qualified it as “at best”, but Eagle Pass is in no way part of the RGV. If that is the case, then San Antonio is in The Valley too. Laredo isn’t in The Valley.

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s not the scenery that is the problem. It mostly has to do with economics, amenities and who lives there. When a place has the highest incidence of proudly flying the confederate battle flag, then that place most likely sucks because the people suck.

Have to agree on that one.

59 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I know you qualified it as “at best”, but Eagle Pass is in no way part of the RGV. If that is the case, then San Antonio is in The Valley too. Laredo isn’t in The Valley.

Totally agree, it was part of my valley trip when I flew in to Harlingen and jumped in a rental for the week. 

18 hours ago, irishtexan said:

If someone offered you a billion dollars, but you could never leave the city limits of Abilene for the rest of your life, would you take it?

A billion dollars might not even get me to stay there for a year (well, maybe a year and a half). That city can do some serious damage to your soul, in a red hot minute. I'd rather be a poor anywhere else than be Abilene .01%.

• 2 weeks later...
In the mid 1990s my son actually spent spring break in a shitty Fort Stockton motel after his VW van engine blew about 70 miles out of town on I-10.

Anyone else see Army Brat’s name and read the first sentence as “In the mid 1900’s...”?

For Texas and keeping it with cities with a pop of over 50K, my bottom 10 would probably be:
  • Port Arthur
  • Beaumont
  • Corpus Christi
  • Victoria
  • Harlingen
  • College Station
  • Pasadena
  • Grand Prairie
  • Killeen
  • Waco
Fuck the Beaumont hate. We are NOT port arthur, and we're light years ahead of Waco. I've lived in both places and there's just something in the water in Waco that makes people turn into sociopathic assholes.

3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:
On 10/31/2019 at 8:52 AM, CooterBrown said:
For Texas and keeping it with cities with a pop of over 50K, my bottom 10 would probably be:
  • Port Arthur
  • Beaumont
  • Corpus Christi
  • Victoria
  • Harlingen
  • College Station
  • Pasadena
  • Grand Prairie
  • Killeen
  • Waco

Read more  

Fuck the Beaumont hate. We are NOT port arthur, and we're light years ahead of Waco. I've lived in both places and there's just something in the water in Waco that makes people turn into sociopathic assholes.

Beaumont is a garbage city but it is Paris compared to Port Arthur.