2020 astros offseason

elfenix

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Mookie’s a free agent after this coming season too. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the Astros to sign Betts for what is likely to be around $325-350 million (for the same reason that they aren’t going to seriously pursue Cole).

Yeah, it wasn’t to be taken seriously.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-make-gerrit-cole-record-breaking-contract-offer-per-report/

To wit, the Yankees have reportedly offered Cole a seven-year deal worth $245 million, per Bob Klapisch of the New York Times. (Amusingly, our Mike Axisa predicted Cole would receive that exact offer from the Yankees early on Sunday.) 

I’d rather Cole go to the Yankees than the Angels. We play the MFY 6 times a year vs 19 regular season games vs the Angels, Goal #1 is to make the playoffs. While the Angels have a little ways to go to be a perennial contender, getting Cole, along with Trout and Ohtani, would be a good start. 

Also, this

The Astros are one of the clubs “monitoring” free-agent right-hander Josh Lindblom’s market, Jon Morosi of MLB Network tweets. The 32-year-old struggled in the majors before heading to Korea and thriving there over the past couple seasons. Now that he’s on the open market, MLBTR predicted at the start of the offseason that the Astros would sign Lindblom, a spin rate darling. That’s something the Astros seem to value. Plus, with Gerrit Cole and Wade Miley currently unsigned, the Astros have openings in their starting staff.

Never posted in here but figured I should...I have a good source on the Stros and he just sent this

stros trading Correa and reddick in a package for an ace. Speculation is Thor with Mets but not sure. Targeting Donaldson and moving breg to short. Don’t post on twitter but should be quic, prob tonigjt

do with that what you want but he has never been wrong and gotte. Grienke trade, martes steroids, Miley signing, joe smith injury, Pressly and bregman extension and more right. I trust him

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Never posted in here but figured I should...I have a good source on the Stros and he just sent this

stros trading Correa and reddick in a package for an ace. Speculation is Thor with Mets but not sure. Targeting Donaldson and moving breg to short. Don’t post on twitter but should be quic, prob tonigjt

do with that what you want but he has never been wrong and gotte. Grienke trade, martes steroids, Miley signing, joe smith injury, Pressly and bregman extension and more right. I trust him

free trucker hat if correct.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

There must be a lot more in that package than Correa and Reddick. You have to include Reddick to be able to take on additional salary but he's a big net minus in any trade. Probably at least one of our pitchers who bounced between AAA and Houston last year. 

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I'd be fine with that trade for prospects and then sign Rendon. We'll find a pitcher somewhere else. 

10 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

There must be a lot more in that package than Correa and Reddick. You have to include Reddick to be able to take on additional salary but he's a big net minus in any trade. Probably at least one of our pitchers who bounced between AAA and Houston last year. 

I doubt it. A healthy Correa is an MVP candidate. If the Mets want Correa, then they take Reddicks contract also. Possibly Correa could eventually sign there.

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Also says reddick salary could be reallocated to Donaldson. And Mets was speculation, he just knows high tier arm

Don't see this. This is the exact opposite of the Astros FO think tank. Not going to give a an aging player a big 4 year contract. 

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

They just got married. Why do you hate her, she is the pride of Laredo and Texas :)

correa got lost in her bermuda triangle known as vagina. happens to many potential baseball players.

but, honestly, she's like  our yoko zuna

• Like 2

That’s some $9.95 quality info!

Just now, APMP said:
2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:
My source has never been wrong. If he misses I’ll let you know but it sounds legit as fuck

Man I think I like it but I don't know how to feel. A healthy Correa is A-Rod level talent. But he hasn't been healthy so far.

He can go be A-Rod level talented in Cincy and I won’t give two shits if we get Castillo in return.

• Like 1