2020 astros offseason

elfenix

I haven't kept in the loop of the beginning of free agency. Who are the Astros realistic top targets? Also, if Correa was to be traded has it been said the teams interested and players the Astros would get in return? 
Jason Castro and 2 bum RP's at this point it seems.

Maybe a shitty starter also!
  • Like 1

rendon always seemed outside Luhnows MO. Extending springer and signing Donaldson seems more likely
I think Donaldson just turned into a hot commodity for the Nats or Rangers and will get multiple yr contract now for a fuckton overpay. Not sure we are in that business

15 minutes ago, texashorne said:

I did some division, Rendon will get paid about 46,600$ per AB. 

Cole will get about 12,000$ per single pitch. 

The Angels signing Rendon was pretty stupid.  I mean they have one of the worst starting rotations in baseball.  I saw someone on twitter post that they probably could have gotten Bumgarner AND Ryu for the amount they paid for Rendon.  But Arte Moreno gon Arte Moreno.  

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I wonder if the owners came to a decision that they'd rather have contracts like this instead of a strike because that's where things were headed.

I think has more to do with Strasburg, Cole, and Rendon being the kind of players you can build a franchise around while Machado and Harper are not.

fwiw...

11:45am: President of baseball operations Jon Daniels addressed the topic of third base today, as Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports (Twitter links). Daniels acknowledged that “it sucks” to have missed on Rendon.

Looking forward, Daniels offered a possible acknowledgement that the organization isn’t simply checking down to Donaldson — though that’s only one possible interpretation. “I wouldn’t assume that we necessarily view the options exactly as they are portrayed publicly,” he said.

11:03am: The Rangers are believed to be exiting the hunt for Josh Donaldson, according to Levi Weaver of The Athletic (via Twitter). Indication is that the club isn’t willing to keep pace with the bidding and is “likely out” on Donaldson.

It seems there’s ongoing action in the third base market even as the Winter Meetings draw to a close. Anthony Rendon signed last night, spurning the Rangers and other pursuers to go to the Angels. Now, the club’s top alternative seems destined to move along.

Donaldson, who just turned 34, has drawn many of the same suitors as did Rendon, along with a few additional interested teams. He has long been expected to receive a big annual salary over at least three guaranteed seasons, with the major question being whether or not he can secure a fourth.