2020 astros offseason

elfenix

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:
This is a pretty clear indication that the 26th roster spot will go to Stubbs as a 3rd catcher. The problem is that we don’t have a starter as of right now  

Believing anything that any GM, owner or Manager says in December is not very smart

Why would Hinch lie about giving Stubbs infield reps?  That’s taking cynicism to a stupid level. 

1 minute ago, Victor Lazlo said:

You and me both...waiting for more updates. My guy thinks it may be due to correas honeymoon. He will have to take a physical And can’t if he’s out of the country. Could also be waiting to line up third base (and catcher) before announcing. No reason to think it won’t happen still, I’ll let y’all know if something changes

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:
This is a pretty clear indication that the 26th roster spot will go to Stubbs as a 3rd catcher. The problem is that we don’t have a starter as of right now  

Believing anything that any GM, owner or Manager says in December is not very smart

GM Jeff Luhnow tells Carlos Correa to enjoy honeymoon, reassures 'he's an Astro'

RE:  Houston Chronicle

....Just sayin'

Edited by Stella Link

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Time kills deals

There is no way a honeymoon is delaying a deal from getting done.
I suppose it may preventing it from being announced—but this would be about the first time this FO cared about optics or being sensitive to someone’s personal life/schedule.

This isn’t fantasy football. This could be a 5-7 player deal where all need to take physicals and all need to be informed in the right way. As well as possible extensions etc. it just takes time, to quell y’all nerves here’s the last from my source

7F53116D-91DF-47A7-ADF3-6EDD6C46C51D.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Oh for sure
My post was more in response to anyone that actually thinks Correa being on a honeymoon is preventing a trade

It wouldn’t prevent it being agreed to (it already is) it would only prevent it from being announced and complete which we are waiting on. They just got back from winter meetings and it’s 3 months before they report. They are going to take their time as frustrating as it is

18 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

So...@RGBIII 

Has your guy indicated anything regarding the Astros’ punishment? Because I heard some info that allegedly started at a good source within the Astros that is not good. Would love to hear what your guy says might be on the table. 

Here's my thought

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

So...@RGBIII 

Has your guy indicated anything regarding the Astros’ punishment? Because I heard some info that allegedly started at a good source within the Astros that is not good. Would love to hear what your guy says might be on the table. 

Not a word unfortunately. Honestly I don’t care what the punishment is as long as they don’t vacate the World Series win (the absolute nuclear option). But my guy has nothing, that will be more from Mlb itself. Random guess, loss of some big picks, some fines and an AJ Hinch suspension

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Not a word unfortunately. Honestly I don’t care what the punishment is as long as they don’t vacate the World Series win (the absolute nuclear option). But my guy has nothing, that will be more from Mlb itself. Random guess, loss of some big picks, some fines and an AJ Hinch suspension

But AJ said they didn't practice whistling during spring training

Edited by mycox

5 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Rumor I heard that allegedly started with an inside source is that MLB is considering a TEN year ban for Luhnow. And Hinch would get a year.  

Ten year ban would be absolutely nuts - I’d be shocked. But Luhnow and Hinch are gonna get some real time away, that I am confident about. 

What’s the point of 10 years? Might as well be permanent.  There’s no parole.  

7 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Rumor I heard that allegedly started with an inside source is that MLB is considering a TEN year ban for Luhnow. And Hinch would get a year.  

Ten year ban would be absolutely nuts - I’d be shocked. But Luhnow and Hinch are gonna get some real time away, that I am confident about. 

If that was the case Mlb would have had to find that Luhnow mandated the whistling. I think the tough thing for mlb to pin down is what players were willing participants or if they were unwilling but mandated to do so

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

If that was the case Mlb would have had to find that Luhnow mandated the whistling. I think the tough thing for mlb to pin down is what players were willing participants or if they were unwilling but mandated to do so

This same source (admittedly 4 or 5 people down the line of a game of telephone) says there might be emails from Luhnow directing the practice. I am extremely skeptical - being a lawyer, I can’t imagine Luhnow would be that stupid. 

FWIW, this guy says MLB has the Red Sox and Yankees nailed on the same thing. I have no personal connections to the guy relaying the information - it all came to a good friend of mine who doesn’t have anything to do with the info - so I don’t believe any of this to be accurate. Just passing along H-town scuttlebutt. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

This same source (admittedly 4 or 5 people down the line of a game of telephone) says there might be emails from Luhnow directing the practice. I am extremely skeptical - being a lawyer, I can’t imagine Luhnow would be that stupid. 

FWIW, this guy says MLB has the Red Sox and Yankees nailed on the same thing. I have no personal connections to the guy relaying the information - it all came to a good friend of mine who doesn’t have anything to do with the info - so I don’t believe any of this to be accurate. Just passing along H-town scuttlebutt. 

I mean he was the guy who didn’t change his password. Sometimes the smartest people do the dumbest shit

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

If Hinch gets a year, Crane should fire him and find another manager.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

So, if true, do we expect the Red Sox and Yankees to face repercussions as well?  Or are they going to get the Bama treatment while the Stros get the SMU treatment?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

FWIW, this guy says MLB has the Red Sox and Yankees nailed on the same thing. 

I've got no problem with a tough sentence for the Astros as long as it is proportional to whatever the Yanks, Red Sox, and Cubs get.  But make the Astros the scapegoat, no bueno.

So is your source as plugged in as Portapotty Girl and the new Gloryhole Guy?

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

https://apple.news/ALWbjQKrVQ6mezm1vpirCVg

Astros witness admits that a centerfield camera Was used 

this is not good 

I mean isn’t that old news, that’s nothing different than what fiers was saying right? I think it being mandated by Luhnow or upper management via email would be the bigger deal