2020 astros offseason

elfenix

2 minutes ago, thetruth said:

what in the actual fuck did he just say

He said he agreed with MLB, but he was going to take further steps than MLB penalties. Fired Hinch and Luhnow.

Have to give credit to Crane. He's taking full responsibility and wants to move the organization forward.

Edited by HtownHorn

1) The loss of draft picks is by far the most consequential part of this. That is an excessive penalty. Boston better get something comparable.

2) So no impact on international signing ability? Hopefully this can partially offset the loss of draft picks (I know they can sign these guys anyway, but fuzzy about the spending caps, etc...is it possible to devote more resources to this for next couple of seasons?). 

3) What does suspending a GM even mean? He can't get paid or communicate with the FO? Lunhow going to use Cricket burner phones all season

4) Not too worried about Hinch being absent. It isn't good, but hardly catastrophic

5) How motherfucking great would it be to watch Manfred have to hand the trophy over to the Astros in October? 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
Ok never mind on those 2...

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

1) The loss of draft picks is by far the most consequential part of this. That is an excessive penalty. Boston better get something comparable.

2) So no impact on international signing ability? Hopefully this can partially offset the loss of draft picks (I know they can sign these guys anyway, but fuzzy about the spending caps, etc...is it possible to devote more resources to this for next couple of seasons? 

3) What does suspending a GM even mean? He can't get paid or communicate with the FO? Lunhow going to use Cricket burner phones all season. 

4) Not too worried about Hinch being absent. It isn't good, but hardly catastrophic. 

5) How motherfucking great would it be to watch Manfred have to hand the trophy over to the Astros in October? 

You need to catch up a bit 

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

2) So no impact on international signing ability? Hopefully this can partially offset the loss of draft picks (I know they can sign these guys anyway, but fuzzy about the spending caps, etc...is it possible to devote more resources to this for next couple of seasons? 

3) What does suspending a GM even mean? He can't get paid or communicate with the FO? Lunhow going to use Cricket burner phones all season. 

4) Not too worried about Hinch being absent. It isn't good, but hardly catastrophic. 

Points 3 and 4 just went out the fucking window.

My God our organizations is in tatters now. I fucking feel sick. I met Luhnow at alumni events and he was a great guy. Got to try on his championship ring and took pictures with the WS trophy with him. Fuck Crane for doing this. Best GM we ever had in any sport. Watch us get stuck with some Tim Purpura like clown instead.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 3