2020 astros offseason

elfenix

The report itself cast doubt on anyone trying to determining causality between the sign stealing scheme and the results on the field. The Astros weren't found by this investigation to be cheating in 2018 or 2019 yet they were still pretty fucking good both years. Not to mention the road/home splits etc or the testimony from various players who thought it was more distracting than beneficial. 

Fuck this asterisk bullshit.

• Like 4

The only reason this stupid ass player scheme got busted was because of three fucking cocksuckers: Evan Drellich, Brandon Taubman, and Mike Fiers.

Drellich is a crybaby bitchass Masshole mfer who has never liked the Astros organization because of his personal beef with them going back to his brief stint in Htown at the Chronicle when the Astros kicked him out of the clubhouse and tried to strong arm him with his  bosses or something. Mike Fiers was butthurt because the Astros left him off the postseason roster and then declined to bring him back. Brandon Taubman was just an arrogant pissant who had too much to drink in celebrating the ALCS win and went full on douche bro against Alyson Footer in the presence of people like Drellich. So game 7 happens to go against the Astros and guys like Fiers and Drellich were ready to pounce in the wake of the Taubman story about the Astros culture.

• Like 3

Just now, Gourmand said:

The only reason this stupid ass player scheme got busted was because of three fucking cocksuckers: Evan Drellich, Brandon Taubman, and Mike Fiers.

Drellich is a crybaby bitchass Masshole mfer who has never liked the Astros organization because of his personal beef with them going back to his brief stint in Htown at the Chronicle when the Astros kicked him out of the clubhouse and tried to strong arm him with his  bosses or something. Mike Fiers was butthurt because the Astros left him off the postseason roster and then declined to bring him back. Brandon Taubman was just an arrogant pissant who had too much to drink in celebrating the ALCS win and went full on douche bro against Alyson Footer in the presence of people like Drellich. So game 7 happens to go against the Astros and guys like Fiers and Drellich were ready to pounce in the wake of the Taubman story about the Astros culture.

Exactly this.  Remove one factor and this doesn’t blow up.  Perfect storm of dumbassery and Butthurt.  

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Don’t forget FUCK JOMBOY...even though he didn’t actually do a god damn thing

Edited by RGBIII

53 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The report itself cast doubt on anyone trying to determining causality between the sign stealing scheme and the results on the field. The Astros weren't found by this investigation to be cheating in 2018 or 2019 yet they were still pretty fucking good both years. Not to mention the road/home splits etc or the testimony from various players who thought it was more distracting than beneficial. 

Well that's an interesting reading of things:

The investigation uncovered no evidence that Astros players utilized the banging scheme in 2018. However, the Astros’ replay review room staff continued, at least for part of the 2018 season, to decode signs using the live center field camera feed, and to transmit the signs to the dugout through in-person communication.

And if I catch a kid cheating in my class, I'm going to spend zero effort trying to figure out how much he benefited from the cheating, because the rule is DON'T CHEAT.  

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

So they had 4 chances at top 2 picks and got 2 right...imagine the hit ratio on 4 chances at picks ranging between 26-60 

I'd say they got 1 right, Bregman. Appel was a miss, Aiken was a miss, Correa can't stay healthy, Tucker needs to start producing. Springer was drafted before Luhnow took over. Though Luhnow also inherited Altuve and Keuchel. I'd say Luhnow was much better in trades, though he had so really bad ones as well.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I'd say they got 1 right, Bregman. Appel was a miss, Aiken was a miss, Correa can't stay healthy, Tucker needs to start producing. Springer was drafted before Luhnow took over. Though Luhnow also inherited Altuve and Keuchel. I'd say Luhnow was much better in trades, though he had so really bad ones as well.

That’s a silly take on Correa and Tucker.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

How so?

Correa has been hurt in every season, except one. Tucker hasn't proven anything at the major league level.

Correa isn’t a miss because of his health. It’s impossible to project that. Purely in his play, he’s absolutely a hit. When you factor in that selecting him allowed them to draft McCullers too, it makes it even more of a no-brainer.

Kyle Tucker hasn’t proved anything is a better take than your previous statement, that he “needs to start producing.” He has 131 career AB (and he looked good in his short time this year). Come on.

Just now, formermav43 said:

Correa isn’t a miss because of his health. It’s impossible to project that. Purely in his play, he’s absolutely a hit. When you factor in that selecting him allowed them to draft McCullers too, it makes it even more of a no-brainer.

Kyle Tucker hasn’t proved anything is a better take than your previous statement, that he “needs to start producing.” He has 131 career AB (and he looked good in his short time this year). Come on.

Correa isn't a hit either. A guy that routinely misses 50+ games isn't a draft hit. Tucker is TBD, but I didn't say they weren't hits either. So far the only player that Luhnow drafted in the Top 5 that has consistently produced over full seasons is Bregman. This isn't a crazy statement.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Correa isn't a hit either. A guy that routinely misses 50+ games isn't a draft hit. Tucker is TBD, but I didn't say they weren't hits either. So far the only player that Luhnow drafted in the Top 5 that has consistently produced over full seasons is Bregman. This isn't a crazy statement.

“Correa isn’t a hit” is absolutely a crazy statement. This isn’t even worth arguing about anymore it’s so ludicrous. And I don’t even care for him and think he should be traded.