2020 astros offseason

elfenix

The World Series wins hold up.  2 of 4 wins on the road.  Other 2 wins in a deafening environment where no one was hearing any trash can banging.  

The ALCS wins hold up because pitching won those games.   

Yeah, the negative attention sucks, but that team won in the playoffs by being the better team.  I will always believe that.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Have seen some pics from the Astros Caravan this week. The Houston area events are lackluster to say the least. Come on out and see Joe Biagini, Dustin Garneau and Cy Sneed y'all! Get pumped for 2020!

Damn, opening day tickets might be somewhat reasonable !

35 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Gibbons was on the '86 Mets.  Fuck him, fuck that team, and fuck even giving him an interview.

Gibbons was a bullpen catcher on that team..that barely qualifies...supposedly he was well liked in Toronto but his temper is some Bill O Brien ass shit, not a good fit at all for a club with elite talent

On 12/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, TonyTexas said:

This is a pretty clear indication that the 26th roster spot will go to Stubbs as a 3rd catcher. The problem is that we don’t have a starter as of right now  

On 12/12/2019 at 8:02 PM, Scraps said:
On 12/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, TonyTexas said:
This is a pretty clear indication that the 26th roster spot will go to Stubbs as a 3rd catcher. The problem is that we don’t have a starter as of right now  

Believing anything that any GM, owner or Manager says in December is not very smart

On 12/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, Scraps said:

I mean it could turn out to happen, but i just wouldn't take anything being said as gospel at this point.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, TonyTexas said:

Why would Hinch lie about giving Stubbs infield reps?  That’s taking cynicism to a stupid level. 

On 12/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, Scraps said:
On 12/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, TonyTexas said:
Why would Hinch lie about giving Stubbs infield reps?  That’s taking cynicism to a stupid level. 

Because Hinch can't predict the future. Maybe Stubbs is traded along with other people in a deal for Contreras. Who the hell knows at this point.

well he still may get infield reps, but it sure is hell ain't gonna be Hinch deciding that now  lol 

• Like 1

im all in for dusty baker. i think the takes this team back to the WS and gets his ring. plus it'll be a short contract, allowing the astros to have a manager in training on the roster 

+ he gave the first ever high five

+ we get his kid as a bat boy

my #1 choice is Bochy

#2 is biggio 

hell no to shoalwater / gibbons / banister 

Edited by tx 3 putt

I don't think its good news  A multi year deal would be good news. This sets him up to leave as a UFA next year
Avoiding arbitration with a good player is always good news.

Could there have been better news...sure, but don't have to go through the mud dragging

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

im all in for dusty baker. i think the takes this team back to the WS and gets his ring. plus it'll be a short contract, allowing the astros to have a manager in training on the roster 

+ he gave the first ever high five

+ we get his kid as a bat boy

His kid is a junior in college and plays for Cal: https://calbears.com/sports/baseball/roster/darren-baker/14689

The more i think about what Fiers did, the more it aggravates the shit out of me. He was fine with it when he was on the Astros, but now he has essentially ruined the professional lives of at least 4 people in the sport.
He's a douche. Just look at his beard and tats.

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The more i think about what Fiers did, the more it aggravates the shit out of me. He was fine with it when he was on the Astros, but now he has essentially ruined the professional lives of at least 4 people in the sport.

Now that I think about... he’s a true man of conscience.   Why else would he take a dive in all of those games in August and September of 2017?

• Like 1

The more I think about it, it seems that the ending of the trash can banging coincides pretty closely with JV’s arrival.  I can’t imagine that he was too keen on giving batters illegal advantages over pitchers.  Either that or he’s a pretty big hypocrite.  

Wrong. It lasted into the ‘17 playoffs and stopped early in the 18 regular season. The Farquhar incident happened in September ‘17 after the Verlander trade.