2020 astros offseason

elfenix

Carlos....GO OFF KING!!!

On another note, my guy says James is going to get that 5th spot. Stros changed his delivery up a bit so there are less moving parts now, should stop him from overthrowing and help his control. Pruitt is probably best in a multi inning relief role (even as an opener...) and Framber will probably be the lefty in the pen. Its James to lose

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Carlos....GO OFF KING!!!

On another note, my guy says James is going to get that 5th spot. Stros changed his delivery up a bit so there are less moving parts now, should stop him from overthrowing and help his control. Pruitt is probably best in a multi inning relief role (even as an opener...) and Framber will probably be the lefty in the pen. Its James to lose

Good. He probably is in the Top 3 stuff wise on the team.

so much guilt... I mean  he carried that burden for 2 years...
Fuck Mike Fiers.

He had no problem celebrating with the team.
He had no problem riding in the parade.
He had no problem accepting his playoff bonuses.
He had no problem signing a $6M contact tied directly to the results of the cheating team.
He had no problem coming back to get his ring and an ovation.
He had no problem signing ANOTHER contract for an additional $14M.

Mike Fiers decided that he had a problem only after 1) he had taken care of himself financially and 2) he realized that it would benefit his AL West team. The fact that he has escaped any scrutiny is the most infuriating part of this whole ordeal.
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He had no problem celebrating with the team.
He had no problem riding in the parade.
He had no problem accepting his playoff bonuses.
He had no problem signing a $6M contact tied directly to the results of the cheating team.
He had no problem coming back to get his ring and an ovation.
He had no problem signing ANOTHER contract for an additional $14M.

Mike Fiers decided that he had a problem only after 1) he had taken care of himself financially and 2) he realized that it would benefit his AL West team. The fact that he has escaped any scrutiny is the most infuriating part of this whole ordeal.

He had no problem being a pedophile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Why even discuss that nonsense in this thread?  Who gives a shit?  The Astros didn't cheat in 2019.

Wrong. The Astros/Colt 45s have cheated in every season since 1962, and they've already cheated in 2020. Nothing short of execution by guillotine is appropriate punishment for the atrocities they've brought not only to MLB, but to decent society and civilization itself. 

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wrong. The Astros/Colt 45s have cheated in every season since 1962, and they've already cheated in 2020. Nothing short of execution by guillotine is appropriate punishment for the atrocities they've brought not only to MLB, but to decent society and civilization itself. 

Every team cheats.  They’re only going after the stros because jealousy 

• Like 1

If I had nothing to do in this world but fuck with Mike Fiers, I would.  I'd start by training rats to run to the center of a baseball diamond to the pitcher's mound upon their release.  Just keep repeating their training over and over again so that they run to the mound every time looking for a treat.  Purchase a seat on the rail down either foul line and surreptitiously release them during Fiers' warm ups.  Kick back with a cold one.  Enjoy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

How many Houston reporters are routinely in the locker room?  Have any of them confirmed seeing the tat last season, or claimed they don't recall seeing it?  Or are they staying silent and letting the rumors ferment? (controversy is good for their business.)

Edited by clapclapclap

27 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

How many Houston reporters are routinely in the locker room?  Have any of them confirmed seeing the tat last season, or claimed they don't recall seeing it?  Or are they staying silent and letting the rumors ferment? (controversy is good for their business.)

Have any major league baseball reporters confirmed that they checked out a player's bare chest while they were working?  

That's what you're asking?

I don't know what the MLB protocol is for reporters in the locker room, but assume it is similar to the NFL's, where reporters are in there while players are changing/showering/etc.  (I recall the old controversy about women reporters gaining access to the locker room, followed by a few players getting into trouble for helicoptering as a kind of Taubman type of protest of the change.)  The pic from last summer at a lake shows Altuve without any tats, so if he later showed up with a sizable one on his chest, beat reporters would probably have noticed (assuming they are in the locker room while players are changing.)  Especially if players were teasing him about a 'terrible' tat. 

Edited by clapclapclap

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

I saw a couple of the Houston sports radio guys confirm that they saw it during the playoffs.  Of course, none of the guys who work for The Athletic or MLB.com have said anything.

• Like 2

I do wonder if other GM's will quietly blackball the Astros on trades.

I don’t..at least for GMs not in the AL West.

GMs want to win.
Competing GM: “let me ignore 3% of all available professionals in the minors and majors....this is on top of the 13% I’m already hesitant to deal with because they’re in my own division.”

The only way GMs blackball the Astros is if they are concerned a targeted player has inflated numbers because of sign stealing or other malfeasance (as they should).

This whole deal with Altuve is so infuriating.  He's the one guy who didn't want any help, and he's having to defend something so preposterous that was created by a fanboy and run with by the national media.  Here's the question I would like people to ponder, which I haven't seen raised once by the national media.  If he was wearing a buzzer, WHY WOULD HIS TEAMMATES HAVE WANTED TO RIP OFF HIS SHIRT??????  If we wore a buzzer, by definition he could not have done it by himself, and others would have been in the know.  Which means the whole team would have known.  Which means...you get my point.

This whole mess has made me embarrassed for the organization, and sad as a fan.  But I'm over it.  The last 72 hours makes me want to run through a brick wall for these guys.  Fuck all of these hypocritical players, media and fans from other cities.  Hey Cody, have you had your heart-to-heart with Mookie yet and told him how much respect you've lost for him for cheating you out of a World Series???  Jesus Christ.

• Like 5

I saw a couple of the Houston sports radio guys confirm that they saw it during the playoffs.  Of course, none of the guys who work for The Athletic or MLB.com have said anything.
You can clearly see the start of the tattoo on the fucking replay when he was saying dont pull my shirt.

I just watched it 2 mins ago on slow motion on mlb network.

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Manfred said the Red Sox investigation should be over by end of feb.
So on the bright side, we’re T-12 days until we’re done with this...or at worst, moved to the side stage.

That's the hope. MLB should have never released the report until all investigations were done, and any team that reported another should have been investigated. It's clear most teams where using the MLB installed technology to decode signs.