2020 astros offseason

elfenix

I used to be interested in Spring Training results, but like the preseason in the NFL/NBA they really are meaningless. Get your work in and don't get injured. Though this ST, Verlander getting hurt really sucks.

Buccholz, Cashner, and A. Sanchez still available, though Aaron would be more for next year, when starting pitching is again likely an issue.

20 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I used to be interested in Spring Training results, but like the preseason in the NFL/NBA they really are meaningless. Get your work in and don't get injured. Though this ST, Verlander getting hurt really sucks.

Buccholz, Cashner, and A. Sanchez still available, though Aaron would be more for next year, when starting pitching is again likely an issue.

15-15 in 2017

10 minutes ago, Ichabod said:

I'm beginning to feel more and more that Opening Day is gonna get canceled unfortunately 

Watch the Astros jump out to a 10 game lead at the quarter season mark after playing in empty stadiums. People will be pissed they didn't have to deal with the hecklers.

29 minutes ago, Ichabod said:

I'm beginning to feel more and more that Opening Day is gonna get canceled unfortunately 

Damn that's my thoughts now...with Houston canceling all permitted events in March.  I had bought tickets for the Sunday game of that opening series.

5 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Damn that's my thoughts now...with Houston canceling all permitted events in March.  I had bought tickets for the Sunday game of that opening series.

Have tickets for Opening Day. Was going to be my first time to attend Opening Day in 8 years. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor

15 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

100% they will do something, but doubt they will cancel it all. I bet they just postpone the start until shit calms down. Like a May start..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you think short season or full slate with the playoffs pushed back, and fewer off days?

Short season would probably be good for JV and Greinke. 

• Like 1

So you think short season or full slate with the playoffs pushed back, and fewer off days?
Short season would probably be good for JV and Greinke. 

Oh ya JV could benefit. I’m sure there would be issues with playoffs pushing past October. So I think a shortened season...hell maybe baseball will continue with 100 game seasons. 162 sucks.

Oh ya JV could benefit. I’m sure there would be issues with playoffs pushing past October. So I think a shortened season...hell maybe baseball will continue with 100 game seasons. 162 sucks.

You really don't want 100 game seasons forever because if they did that ticket prices will double per game and concessions will go up. They are still gonna get their $$$.

5 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

neg finger twitching

• Like 2